Clyde Edwards Helaire

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

So what round do we expect this kid to be taken? 

If it’s one of our third rounders, I’m game. But that’s about as high as it makes sense for me. 

I took him in the second round of our mock draft and I believe he'll fall somewhere in there.

• Upvote 1

Antonio Gibson in with our 3rd rounder or take a chance to see if he last to the 4th, would be the way to go.   He is a threat to score from the backfield as a runner or pass catcher.   He would be the perfect back up to Bell and could take over from him in 2021.  Just add a bruiser in round 5 or 6 and our backfield is set.  

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I'd like to address RB and I really like CEH, Akers and Dobbins but I just dont think we can afford take a RB as high as they'll go.  I would prefer Benjamin, McFarland, Perine, Dillon type in the later rounds. 

I try not to do this because it never works out, but I am crushing on a sleeper pick at RB.

Antonio Gibson - Memphis

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/antonio-gibson?id=32194749-4241-5285-a215-d633ff9a6f70

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antonio-gibson/I5CiDenmam

Was a WR until this past year when he made the move to RB.  he has the look of a guy who could become a true stud, or fade into oblivion.  Hard to know because of his lack of touches, but his open field skill set is unbelievable (watch the video).  

Big, fast dude who can catch and make defenders miss.   Find the end zone a lot.  Not sure what there isn't to like about him.  I'm guessing he's a 4th rounder and I'd love to see the Jets take him there.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JetBlue said:

Antonio Gibson in with our 3rd rounder or take a chance to see if he last to the 4th, would be the way to go.   He is a threat to score from the backfield as a runner or pass catcher.   He would be the perfect back up to Bell and could take over from him in 2021.  Just add a bruiser in round 5 or 6 and our backfield is set.  

LOL...you sniped me by under a minute on this guy.  Kudos!

• Haha 1

Like Edwards-Helaire a lot. There are several players in this draft with skill sets I really like who I don’t think are fits for the Jets. He’s one of them.

Do think Gibson would be intriguing for the Jets and liked what I saw from Akers too but want to read more from smarter people on both.

8 minutes ago, derp said:

Like Edwards-Helaire a lot. There are several players in this draft with skill sets I really like who I don’t think are fits for the Jets. He’s one of them.

Do think Gibson would be intriguing for the Jets and liked what I saw from Akers too but want to read more from smarter people on both.

I found Gibson about a week ago by asking two questions:

1) Who is a big, fast guy who can catch and make defenders miss? 

2) Who will be available in the 4th round or later?

I came up with one name.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I found Gibson about a week ago by asking two questions:

1) Who is a big, fast guy who can catch and make defenders miss? 

2) Who will be available in the 4th round or later?

I came up with one name.

Bitonti posted about him a while back. I think Montgomery having his role on the team last year lends credence to the idea that a RB/WR hybrid has a role on this roster. And agree taking a shot on a guy who could replace Bell after this season is a good idea.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I try not to do this because it never works out, but I am crushing on a sleeper pick at RB.

Antonio Gibson - Memphis

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/antonio-gibson?id=32194749-4241-5285-a215-d633ff9a6f70

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/antonio-gibson/I5CiDenmam

Was a WR until this past year when he made the move to RB.  he has the look of a guy who could become a true stud, or fade into oblivion.  Hard to know because of his lack of touches, but his open field skill set is unbelievable (watch the video).  

Big, fast dude who can catch and make defenders miss.   Find the end zone a lot.  Not sure what there isn't to like about him.  I'm guessing he's a 4th rounder and I'd love to see the Jets take him there.

Great minds think a like. I just posted the same thing. 

2 hours ago, derp said:

Bitonti posted about him a while back. I think Montgomery having his role on the team last year lends credence to the idea that a RB/WR hybrid has a role on this roster. And agree taking a shot on a guy who could replace Bell after this season is a good idea.

Yeah this guy really looks like a better version of Montgomery.  In any other draft he might go as high as the second round but with all the top receivers and even other quality backs, he may slip a few rounds (I hope) but I would snatch him up in the third with either of our 3rd round picks, depending who is on the board.