Super Bored No Sports - NFL All Time Team (One Player Per Team)

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

This. It’s easy to say put in this player instead of this player but there’s a butterfly effect. Unless you can swap the same positions and teams it turns into switching out 3, 4 or 5 players. 
As far as Sanders and Brown in the backfield, imagine trying to stop both of them (you can’t catch one or tackle the other) while still covering Moss and Johnson on the outside and Gonzales or Harrison. 
Detroit as well as a few other teams only have a handful of players you could choose from. The Lions have Sanders, Megatron, Barney or Schmidt. That’s not a big selection. 

Yep.  And Megatron was never a serious consideration for me, because WR is a deep position and I needed to keep it open for other teams to fill in.  

I might try to force him onto my team on the next try so I don't use Sanders.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree there are other RB's I'd have preferred.  The problem is which other Lion do you take?  He's far and away the best player OR coach in franchise history, at any position, unless you go WAY back in time to pick someone.  The only other Lion I considered was LB Joe Schmidt.

Not only do you have to try to maximize the talent at each position, you have to maximize the talent you're taking from each franchise.  It's a fun little puzzle to figure out.

I might try a redux later....

1 hour ago, Jetsfan1015 said:

These are all things I agree with you. Starting out, I initially had both Mean Joe and Earl Campbell in my lineups but eventually moved them out because of every team needing representation. I struggled with getting a few teams representation knowing there were much better players at those positions. In no way does my lineup represent the very best at every position and would probably change somethings if I wanted to take more time on it. 

Also, I have Jerry Rice in my lineup. Rice, Moss, and LT were 3 players that I felt were non negotiable along with Lombardi for coaches.

Sorry guys.  I missed the part about having each team represented.  That makes it so much harder.  I'll have to rethink my notes.

• Upvote 1

Attempt # 2.  This time I'm going with the 3-4 defensive look, but still keeping the 3 CB's.  

HC - Dick Vermeil, Eagles

OC - Sean Payton, Saints

DC - Dick LeBeau, Bengals

QB - Peyton Manning, Colts

RB - Adrian Peterson, Vikings

FB - Larry Csonka, Dolphins

WR - Jerry Rice, 49ers

WR - Calvin Johnson, Lions

Slot - Steve Largent, Seahawks

TE - Kellen Winslow, Chargers

TE - Ozzie Newsome, Browns

T - Art Shell, Raiders

T - Willie Roaf, Chiefs

G - John Hannah, Patriots

G - Larry Allen, Cowboys

C - Kevin Mawae, Jets

3 4 D

NT - Ted Washington, Bills

DE - JJ Watt, Texans

DE - Calais Campbell, Cardinals

OLB - Lawrence Taylor, Giants

OLB - Von Miller, Broncos

ILB - Ray Lewis, Ravens

ILB - Luke Kuechly, Panthers

CB - Mel Blount, Steelers

CB - Charles Woodson, Packers

CB - Ronde Barber, Buccaneers

S - Sean Taylor, Redskins

S - Ken Houston, Titans/Oilers

K - Josh Scobee, Jaguars

P - Johnny Hekker, Rams

PR - Deion Sanders, Falcons

KR - Gale Sayers, Bears

• Upvote 1

I gave it a shot and tried my best (and this was more of a difficult challenge for me than I had initially though (heading in) as I literally couldn't make up my mind on which players to keep and/or which ones to remove from my lineup. 

Coaching Staff:

H.C - John Madden (Raiders). 

D.C - Bud Carson (Pittsburgh Steel Curtain). 

O.C - Sean Payton (Saints).  

Offense:

QB -Tom Brady (Patriots).

RB - Barry Sanders (Lions). 

FB - Vonta Leach (Texans).

WR1 - Randy Moss (Vikings). 

WR2 - Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals). 

Slot - Jerry Rice (49ers). 

TE 1- Antonio Gates (Chargers). 

TE2 - John Mackey (Colts). 

LT - Orlando Pace (Rams). 

LG - Larry Allen (Cowboys). 

C - Dwight Stephenson (Dolphins). 

RG - Joe DeLamielleure (Browns). 

RT - Anthony Munoz (Benglas).

3 4 D

DE - Reggie White (Eagles). 

NT - Warren Sapp (Buccaneers.).

DE -Bruce Smith (Bills).

OLB - Lawrence Taylor (Giants). 

ILB - Ray Lewis. (Ravens).

ILB - Dick Butkus (Bears).

OLB - Derrick Thomas (Chiefs). 

CB1 - Darrelle Revis (JETS).

CB2 -Deion Sanders (Falcons).

FS - Sean Taylor (Redskins). 

SS - John Lynch (Broncos). 

Special Team:

KR - Deion Sanders (Falcons). 

PR -Steve Smith (Panthers). 

K - Mason Crosby (Packers). 

P - Reggie Roby (Oilers). 

ST gunner - Kassim Osgood (Jaguars). 

Which unit would JN faitful vote for as a more dominant unit; offense or defense? 

I started off with my coaching staff.

I've always lloved John Madden and has a career head coaching record record of 103-32 (.759%) and a Super Bowl Championship (13-1 season). 

I told Sean Payton that if he wanted to become apart of something special that he'll put his pride aside in order to become our teams Offensive Coordinator (great offensive mind for prime Tom Brady) and coach Payton, accepted.

I thought hard and long about Buddy Ryan (85 Bears) as my Defensive Coordinator however when running a 3-4 (rather than 46) I felt Bud Carson was the right man for the job as the DC of the Pittsburgh Steelers legendary Steel Curtains (while then being able to include Dick Butkus @ MLB at the same time). 

The way that I built my team was around Tom Brady and then my Defense. 

I started off by selecting the Michael Jordan of the QB position in Tom Brady (6 Rings). 

From there i immediately shifted my focus to my front seven (games are won within the trenches) with an athletic Warren Sapp on the inside and being surrounded by two of the greatest 3-4 DE's of All-Time in Reggie White and Bruce Smith. 

Afterwards I shifted my focus to my Linebacker Unit before featuring two of the greatest outside pass rushers of All-Time in Lawrence Taylor and Derrick Thomas opposite one another with the two greatest IMLB's of All-Time in Ray Lewis and Dick Butkus. 

No time to pass and no chance to run against this Defense. 

Closing out my Defense (knew I had a godly front 7) I told myself that

A.) I need two of the greatest man to man coverage corners on the outside that's ever lived to play the game in #24 Darrelle Revis (Revis Island) and Deion #21 Primetime Sanders as a CB tandem/duo.

B.) I needed absolute fierce and hard hitting/attacking Safety's (since we're not playing any zone defense with two lock down CB's in man to man coverage on the outside) and walked away with Sean Taylor and John Lynch as animals to roam my defense @ FS/SS. 

On Offense it was pretty easy to build around Tom Brady.

The greatest RB of All-Time in Barry Sanders who now finally has a QB and soon to be offensive line with Vonta Leach his lead blocker. 

A trio with Randy Moss and Larry Fitzgerald on the outside with one of the the greatest and most pure route runners of All-Time in Jerry Rice working out of the slot and attacking the underneath and seams.

Tom Brady with a trio of (prime) Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice?

The icing on the cake were two top 5 TE's of All-Time in Antonio Gates (more talented than Gronk) and a legendary legend John Mackey (Gronk/Hernandez all over again 2.0. 

With my O-Line I shifted Anthony Munoz to RT as a Mauler with Orlando Pace @ LT in order to protect Brady's blind side and maul for #20 Barry Sanders. Larry Allen and Joe DeLamielleure are insane Guard(s) and being led by Hall of Fame Center, Dwight Stephenson. 

I won't lie.

I'll admit.

I focused on my coaching staff and both sides of the football (offense and defense) at the expense of my Special Teams but who needs special teams with an offense and defense such as the one above to begin with?!?

On 4/10/2020 at 5:35 PM, New York Mick said:

32 teams - 32 player/coaches. You can only use one person per team.

HC - Lombardi, Packers

OC - Walsh, Cardinals

DC - Belichick, Patriots

QB - Montana, 49ers

RB - Sanders, Lions

FB - Brown, Browns

WR - Moss, Vikings

WR - Johnson, Texans

Slot - Harrison, Colts

TE - Gonzalez, Chiefs 

TE - Winslow, Chargers

LT - Pace, Rams

RT - Jones, Seahawks 

LG - Allen, Cowboys

RG - Upshaw, Raiders

C - Matthews, Oilers/Titans

3 4 D

NT - Jenkins, Panthers 

DE - White, Eagles

DE - Smith, Bills

OLB - Taylor, Giants

OLB - Brooks, Buccaneers

ILB - Butkus, Bears

ILB - Lewis, Ravens

CB - Sanders, Falcons

CB - Revis, Jets

FS - Wilson, Cardinals

SS - Polamalu, Steelers 

K - Anderson, Saints

P - Baker, Jaguars 

PR - Upchurch, Broncos

KR - Mitchell, Redskins

ST - Izzo, Dolphins 

That was a lot harder then I expected but it was fun to do and killed a few hours and pints. 

pretty good list.  maybe put in ray guy for punter and put tony boselli in at guard in place of upshaw.  yeah, i know boselli plaed tackle, i just haven't finished the string yet.

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I gave it a shot and tried my best (and this was more of a difficult challenge for me than I had initially though (heading in) as I literally couldn't make up my mind on which players to keep and/or which ones to remove from my lineup. 

Coaching Staff:

H.C - John Madden (Raiders). 

D.C - Bud Carson (Pittsburgh Steel Curtain). 

O.C - Sean Payton (Saints).  

Offense:

QB -Tom Brady (Patriots).

RB - Barry Sanders (Lions). 

FB - Vonta Leach (Texans).

WR1 - Randy Moss (Vikings). 

WR2 - Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals). 

Slot - Jerry Rice (49ers). 

TE 1- Antonio Gates (Chargers). 

TE2 - John Mackey (Colts). 

LT - Orlando Pace (Rams). 

LG - Larry Allen (Cowboys). 

C - Dwight Stephenson (Dolphins). 

RG - Joe DeLamielleure (Browns). 

RT - Anthony Munoz (Benglas).

3 4 D

DE - Reggie White (Eagles). 

NT - Warren Sapp (Buccaneers.).

DE -Bruce Smith (Bills).

OLB - Lawrence Taylor (Giants). 

ILB - Ray Lewis. (Ravens).

ILB - Dick Butkus (Bears).

OLB - Derrick Thomas (Chiefs). 

CB1 - Darrelle Revis (JETS).

CB2 -Deion Sanders (Falcons).

FS - Sean Taylor (Redskins). 

SS - John Lynch (Broncos). 

Special Team:

KR - Deion Sanders (Falcons). 

PR -Steve Smith (Panthers). 

K - Mason Crosby (Packers). 

P - Reggie Roby (Oilers). 

ST gunner - Kassim Osgood (Jaguars). 

Which unit would JN faitful vote for as a more dominant unit; offense or defense? 

Solid team. Doing one myself I know it is tough to get everyone in the correct position. That defense is nasty. No offense would be able to move the ball. However, you have Dion listed twice and are missing a Seahawk representative. Warren Sapp, yes played inside but as a 3-tech, not a nose.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Thoughts on my overall team (posted above) Rangerous?

that's a good list too.  roby was a really good punter too. i wasn't so high on lombardi for head coach.  he won championships but that was a totally different era when coaches basically could hand pick the players they want.  there also weren't as many teams and shorter seasons.

another interesting list would be to combine them and then pencil in whatever jet players were close in performance with the top players.

• Upvote 1