A Moment of Reflection

I think, more than anything else, it's a big relief that we are no longer under the direction of Mike Maccagnan.  We went from Idzik to Maccagnan.  That's like going from bad to really really bad.  It's been years since we had someone competent, reliable, confident running the show.  Joe Douglas is finally here.  Joe Douglas is calling the shots.  And ya know what, I trust the guy.  I feel like he's the right guy making the right decisions.  

This is different now.

And we should all be thankful we are out of that proverbial fog that was our GM situation over the course of the past 7 years.

It's a relief.

• Upvote 4

I'm still "reflecting" on the number of folks on this, and other, Jet boards who defended Idzik and Mccagnan.  So glad both of those dopes are far from this franchise.  Only time will tell if JD will join them on the Jet meat wagon or actually become a respected and competent GM.

Just now, munchmemory said:

I'm still "reflecting" on the number of folks on this, and other, Jet boards who defended Idzik and Mccagnan.  So glad both of those dopes are far from this franchise.  Only time will tell if JD will join them on the Jet meat wagon or actually become a respected and competent GM.

everyone has something to reflect upon...

• Upvote 2

I kind of like all of the talking heads trashing the Jets constantly & saying we have SO MANY HOLES. Outside of a few COMPLETE teams in the NFL many teams have some holes.

Joe Douglas still has 3 top picks tonight. He solidified the Oline & he's probably not done with two 3rd round picks. This team won 7 freaking games last year DEVASTATED by injuries at QB (Mono), almost the entire Oline, one of the best LBs in the league (Mosely), pretty much our entire ILB core, our starting TE, we had a Rookie that didn't even have camp starting at CB, we lost our backup TE in Griffin. 

The Jets have had some really bad teams in the past but this team has Sam Darnold, Le'veon Bell, Jamison Crowder, CJ Mosely, Herndon back/Griffin, a VERY GOOD YOUNG DLINE, very good LBs, 2 very good Safeties, a good bunch of hustler/grinders in Jenkins, Burgess, Hewitt, Hairston, Basham, added Desir at CB, resigned Poole, Bless will have a full camp, and Quinnen Williams could show huge improvement. 

So if JD gets a couple of WRs, backup RB, maybe an Edge or CB, and adds 1 more need after the draft in Free Agency like Logan Ryan, or Griffin, with Brady out of the AFC East & going against Pats (Stidham?), Bills (Allen), Fins (?), this division is WIDE OPEN. This Jets defense, COMPLETELY HEALTHY in its 2nd year under GW, could make it very difficult for AFC East teams to score many points against them. I don't think people realize what a PITA its going to be have both Adams & Mosely moving around to attack opposing weaknesses. That is 2 badazz defensive guys to deal with. 

Jets definitely have TALENT despite the holes here & there. Much more than they've had since 2010.

• Post of the Week 1

nice sentiment and everything but the "jets hit paydirt with bowles and maccagnon" thread is still floating around here somewhere...and that was 12 months into that regime. lets see what happens....

i do agree generally i think JD has the right approach to building a north east type powerhouse.