Jets ask Martin to take a paycut; Law to be cut

Exit 117

Jets | Team asks Martin to take a pay-cut

Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:09:49 -0800

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets have asked RB Curtis Martin to take a significant pay-cut and talks have begun on the subject. Martin will count $8.1 million on the salary cap, which includes $6.2 million in base salary. The Jets would clear $2.4 million in cap room by cutting the NFL's fourth all-time leading rusher. Martin isn't untouchable, although it's believed the Jets would like to have him back in a reduced role.

Jets | Poston says Law is done with the Jets

Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:17:13 -0800

The Star-Ledger reports agent Carl Poston said New York Jets CB Ty Law is done with the Jets after one season. The club had hoped the presence of new head coach Eric Mangini, who coached Law in New England, would persuade Law to rework his contract and stay with the team. "We've mutually agreed to part ways," Poston, told The Star-Ledger last night from Hawaii, site of the Pro Bowl. "There are no ill feelings. Ty had a great year. He enjoyed it there. He held up his end of the bargain. Unfortunately, the Jets had some injury problems that derailed them." Law becomes an unrestricted free agent once the Jets officially release him.

Both from KFFL.

Well, I guess it was nice having Law for a season, but good riddance. Too much money, too much lazy, too many penalties.

I hope Martin will take a paycut; he is a class act, and would only be respected more if he took a paycut, although I wouldn't think any less of him if he didn't.

Edit: Didn't see Law news was posted, but I can't edit the title.

Both from KFFL.

Well, I guess it was nice having Law for a season, but good riddance. Too much money, too much lazy, too many penalties.

Too many times toast - which led to penalties if he was even close enough to make them.

I like what the FO is currently doing, especially asking Pennington to take a pay cut. Law leaving is a given, don't be suprised if Hermy goes after him.

I love what the FO is doing.

They are very honestly judging our talent and telling the guys hwo much money they are worth.

if they asked Barrett to restructure i would be even happier

How much is Barrett currently making?, Also I think we should seriously look into doing something with J Mac

I love what the FO is doing.

They are very honestly judging our talent and telling the guys hwo much money they are worth.

if they asked Barrett to restructure i would be even happier

i think martin will take the cut...he said a couple months back that he was willing to redo and play a lesser role just to stay..

And it is the right thing to do. He can play a Faulk/Bettis role for the next few years.

My favorite Jet player by far, hope he stays.

BZ

Law leaving is a given, don't be suprised if Hermy goes after him.

That fat $%#! Jason Whitlock bought Ty a few drinks and gave him a back rub with those catcher's mit hands of his, wooing him to Kansas City.

It might be Ty Law. As Thursday night rolled into Friday morning, I knocked back a 32nd birthday shot of chilled Grey Goose with Law and his former New England teammate Otis Smith, the former Missouri Tiger. As my favorite corner celebrated his birthday, I campaigned for a Law-Herm Edwards Kansas City reunion.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/13851127.htm

Agreed BZ

Martin has a role, just not as the starter anymore

I really like what Mangini and the FO are doing right now.

I also like what the FO seems to be doing. Restructure as much as possible, and remove those who will not be here anyway when things turn around. See ya Law. Se ya Fabini. See ya Kendell. See ya Fiedler. See ya........:cheers:

That fat $%#! Jason Whitlock bought Ty a few drinks and gave him a back rub with those catcher's mit hands of his, wooing him to Kansas City.http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/13851127.htm

You're aware that Whitlock is from Detroit, right?

Anyway, I think he just wants an eating partner. Mold Ty into his form, so to speak.

Good.

Curtis is 8.1 mill against the cap and he will be in a reduced role that will probably feature him carrying the ball 10-15 times a game along with Houston or another draft back with 10 or so carries.

Law, we\'ve all known since December that this was it for him because of the cap number and the rebuilding of the franchise to come.

Archived