PFF Most Valuable Jets of the Decade

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

So games actually played in 2010 weren’t played in 2010?

SAR I

For the purposes of what is considered part of a season or decade?  Correct.  The 2009 postseason, despite being played in the year 2010, is part of the 2009 season and the 2000-09 decade.  

It's a pretty simple concept.  Do a 2000-09 all-decade team if you want to get nostalgic about a much better decade of Jets football and include your '09 season guys.  

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

You did a good job with both lists 80. This one was really good, and the approximate value thing was interesting.

Thanks. I really wanted Demario Davis, Snacks, and Steve McLendon to get spots on the team as well, but alas, there are only so many starting slots.  Had Davis played any OLB here at all he'd have started over Jenkins.  

Consider them key bench guys, I suppose!

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

2009:  Jets go 9-7 win 2 playoff games. 

2010:  Jets go 11-5 win 2 playoff games. 

2011:  Jets sitting at 8-5 with 3 to go before Victor Cruz shreds Ryan’s D. 

There is a stretch in that span where the Jets go 18-4 the best such run in team history. 

Far from pitiful.  

SAR I

The D was torched the week before in Philadelphia then they turned the Jets and Giants seasons completely around with the Victor Cruz play. The Giants were dying, Eli was turning into his usual and the Jets dominated the first half but the Giants D kept it close and the 99 yard TD that was all Cruz killed us and we've really never recovered.

21 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Sanchez being high on a "wins above replacement" list is utterly laughable. He's a replacement level QB.

Which explains why we have had no problems replacing him.

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Arsis said:

I wonder what the Mangenius is up to. He really built a great team.

Yeah he was awesome, what a genius when it comes to building a team.  Did you see what he did in Cleveland? Spectacular, teams are always trying to pry him away from doing nothing so he can build their team and yet he always turns then down ?

I don't know what's more odd from Jets fans- the love for mangini or the love for favre?  Amazingly with both we couldn't make the playoffs with Brady out for the season.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

Sanchez being high on a "wins above replacement" list is utterly laughable. He's a replacement level QB.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Which explains why we have had no problems replacing him.

Post of the year right there.

SAR I