NFLPA Agrees to Deal

Lith

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

They won't be ready by the time the season starts. That's the point @Lupz27 is trying to make. With the lack of a preseason, it makes practices that much more important. The players are not going to be in top shape by the time the season begins. There's going to be a lot of injuries and very sloppy play the first few weeks because of this. 

The players are a bunch of pampered b*tches. They're being paid tons of money and don't want to have to work for it.

They need to get up to speed, learn and condition before they go hitting each other. You want them to come back, week 1, after no camps at all and just throw pads on? Then you’ll get your injuries. 

Preseason does nothing. Maybe showcase a few bottom roster guys but it doesn’t gel the team. Doesn’t make them sharper. It’s always taken a few weeks for teams to work things out. 

12 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Lol, nice. Golden age according to whom.... Eye of the beholder good sir.

voltron GIFmr t ba baracus GIF200.gif

If you're going to go 80s, pretty weak to fail to include

image.png

In fairness, in this Golden Age you can watch every episode of those on demand as well. Unfortunately, like many others I've tried watching some of my favorite 80s shows to great dismay, as they're best left to my memories. The A-Team was unwatchable (or at least the unnecessary filler in between BA's screen time). Ditto Knight Rider, Miami Vice, The Incredible Hulk, and the rest of the endless list of once Must See TV. Even caught 10 minutes of Scarecrow & Mrs. King on YouTube; it was better when I was counting down the time until I got my driver's license, and didn't realize - let alone mind - that it was just a weekly Chevy commercial to try to convince the public they didn't ruin the Corvette's lines in 1984. I'm sure I used many a Kleenex over that woman-next-door version of Kate Jackson, and probably at least a few over the 'vette, too. But that was then.

There was just so little quality programming on we tend to remember the few that almost hold up a little, forgetting how much they put on the air in between them. For every Transformers cartoon you remember fondly there were a dozen like Rubik The Amazing Cube and Laverne & Shirley in the Army. In hindsight, the commercials we then wanted to fast-forward over? Now they seem superior to the TV content, if only because they're under a minute. 

TV has never been better than now. If there was one time to have been cooped up for weeks/months at a time this was it. I miss sports but the truth is like TV decades ago it seemed better when there was nothing else on. It's just missing the sense of "event" that it had. Also our team is the ****ing Jets, where arguing over the value or suckitude of their players is infinitely more entertaining than actually watching them play. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Funny your response did not seem like you thought what I typed was interesting. On a side note I used to use the word converse all the time till my wife beat me down, and told me to many times it’s not a word, if you can provide me info that it is so I can shove it in wife’s face it would be greatly appreciated ?.

image.png

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Lith said:

First player to opt out. Laurent Duvernay Tardif, KC OL.  He has also graduated from Med School and is an MD.

I like him.  Heartfelt and sincere and will do more good for the world wearing  gloves, mask, face shield, and gown than he can wearing a helmet and pads.

God bless.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Funny your response did not seem like you thought what I typed was interesting. On a side note I used to use the word converse all the time till my wife beat me down, and told me to many times it’s not a word, if you can provide me info that it is so I can shove it in wife’s face it would be greatly appreciated ?.

If she goes to Converse.com she can get up to 70% off on women's boots..

14 hours ago, Lith said:

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So? Is Jamal getting paid or not? 

Well, I suspect Jamal falls into the Voluntary category, not the high risk category, so I’m guessing he’s pissed. 

With no accrued/credited season and his contract tolling, if he opted out this year he’d be in this exact some position next year as he is this year....so nothing about this is going to get him paid. 

Its good that this stuff is being settled now.  The faster they can get these guys in camp and start with football activities the better.  Get them in and used to the protocols.  As we have seen with the college programs, there may be some cases and transmissions early, but once those run their course the number of cases dramatically drops.  

If they are going to play football this year, then play football.   At some point 11 guys are going to have to line up against another 11 guys and they are going to have to hit each other.   There is no way around this, there is no way to eliminate  the risk of transmission.  The quicker they get to this the better.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If you're going to go 80s, pretty weak to fail to include

image.png

In fairness, in this Golden Age you can watch every episode of those on demand as well. Unfortunately, like many others I've tried watching some of my favorite 80s shows to great dismay, as they're best left to my memories. The A-Team was unwatchable (or at least the unnecessary filler in between BA's screen time). Ditto Knight Rider, Miami Vice, The Incredible Hulk, and the rest of the endless list of once Must See TV. Even caught 10 minutes of Scarecrow & Mrs. King on YouTube; it was better when I was counting down the time until I got my driver's license, and didn't realize - let alone mind - that it was just a weekly Chevy commercial to try to convince the public they didn't ruin the Corvette's lines in 1984. I'm sure I used many a Kleenex over that woman-next-door version of Kate Jackson, and probably at least a few over the 'vette, too. But that was then.

There was just so little quality programming on we tend to remember the few that almost hold up a little, forgetting how much they put on the air in between them. For every Transformers cartoon you remember fondly there were a dozen like Rubik The Amazing Cube and Laverne & Shirley in the Army. In hindsight, the commercials we then wanted to fast-forward over? Now they seem superior to the TV content, if only because they're under a minute. 

TV has never been better than now. If there was one time to have been cooped up for weeks/months at a time this was it. I miss sports but the truth is like TV decades ago it seemed better when there was nothing else on. It's just missing the sense of "event" that it had. Also our team is the ****ing Jets, where arguing over the value or suckitude of their players is infinitely more entertaining than actually watching them play. 

I agree they are certainly best left to memory. While I acknowledge the off world entity known as Alf, I shall not included it in my vision of TV greatness... We had a lot for only having something like 5 channels... While being able to stream and having 40 channels rerun content from the last three decades has helped pass covid time I've watched very little new episodes of anything. Reality tv sucks unless they're adults using a skill to make something. Comedy has been reduced to cookie cutter cheap laughs for the slow people who still get a kick out of yo moma jokes. The social engineering in tv has also gotten obvious and lame. These days TV is generally just background noise for me to help keep my mind occupied while doing a few other things.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I agree they are certainly best left to memory. While I acknowledge the off world entity known as Alf, I shall not included it in my vision of TV greatness... We had a lot for only having something like 5 channels... While being able to stream and having 40 channels rerun content from the last three decades has helped pass covid time I've watched very little new episodes of anything. Reality tv sucks unless they're adults using a skill to make something. Comedy has been reduced to cookie cutter cheap laughs for the slow people who still get a kick out of yo moma jokes. The social engineering in tv has also gotten obvious and lame. These days TV is generally just background noise for me to help keep my mind occupied while doing a few other things.  

I just stick with binging full seasons of this or that. No argument at all on prime time trash.