NFLPA Agrees to Deal

Lith

Just now, Butterfield said:

What?

No pads for 21 days, virtual only for first week, such nonsense.  Throw in no preseason games there is no product to watch for at least the first 8 games it will be complete trash.  These guys make MILLIONS FFS.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No pads for 21 days, virtual only for first week, such nonsense.  Throw in no preseason games there is no product to watch for at least the first 8 games it will be complete trash.  These guys make MILLIONS FFS.

They’re still playing the season. What the hell do you care how they get ready for it?

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They’re still playing the season. What the hell do you care how they get ready for it?

I’m not interested in the product when it’s conducted like this.  Football is the ultimate team game, you can’t build a team this way on the field.  And I’ve spent a sh*t ton of money on the NFL so yeah I care, or cared.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If its such a big deal to you, stop watching?  Why are you paying attention to something that causes you such frustration?  

Just now, Butterfield said:

If its such a big deal to you, stop watching?  Why are you paying attention to something that causes you such frustration?  

You are right.  It’s a shame the players are killing the golden goose, and the owners are worse.  Like I said in my first post I just may be done.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m not interested in the product when it’s conducted like this.  Football is the ultimate team game, you can’t build a team this way on the field.  And I’ve spent a sh*t ton of money on the NFL so yeah I care, or cared.

So just take the season off?  Its just a game.  

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were anti social.  I thought we were here to converse.  You said something interesting, I responded.  

Funny your response did not seem like you thought what I typed was interesting. On a side note I used to use the word converse all the time till my wife beat me down, and told me to many times it’s not a word, if you can provide me info that it is so I can shove it in wife’s face it would be greatly appreciated ?.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting thing is that a lot of the coaches will be highest risk and it looks like they have to suck it up.

Like $23 million less in cap space not great for veterans at the end of their contracts or free agents. Or Jamal.

Will be interesting to see if any big names opt out.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

You are right.  It’s a shame the players are killing the golden goose, and the owners are worse.  Like I said in my first post I just may be done.

TFW you’re so mad about no football for a while that you sweat off football forever.

19 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I'm just happy football is going to be played. I can only watch so many episodes of BBQ Pitmasters, Ancient Aliens, Forged in Fire, Battlebots and such without some sports to break things up. Even as painful as it often is as an observer of the Jets.

My brother — the golden age of TV, and you’re watching Battlebots? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Think this is overrated. NFL coaches are control freaks. The worst left to their own devises would work these guys to death. The preseason games have always been a waste of time that could have been more productive as joint practice/scrimmages. 

Simply not sure under these circumstances players' heads are going to be 100% in the game. And that means a rash of guys who will look for a reason to opt out , or get hurt. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Funny your response did not seem like you thought what I typed was interesting. On a side note I used to use the word converse all the time till my wife beat me down, and told me to many times it’s not a word, if you can provide me info that it is so I can shove it in wife’s face it would be greatly appreciated ?.

It is definitely a word.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/converse?s=t

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

conversate

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

They won't be ready by the time the season starts. That's the point @Lupz27 is trying to make. With the lack of a preseason, it makes practices that much more important. The players are not going to be in top shape by the time the season begins. There's going to be a lot of injuries and very sloppy play the first few weeks because of this. 

The players are a bunch of pampered b*tches. They're being paid tons of money and don't want to have to work for it.

• Post of the Week 1