Quinnen Williams: Zero pressure today against 2nd team OL

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

positional value doesn't change the draft board tho

That was a terrible offensive draft. TJ Hockenson at 8. Jonah Williams at 11. Half the board wanted Jonah Williams who has yet to play a snap in the NFL.  Chris Lindstrom at 14 (played 4 games before IR) C Garrett Bradbury at 18 was an OK pick. 

but to reach for the next best WR in that draft would have been Marquise Brown at 25

some  say they wanted to trade down pennies on the dollar - mac was a moron but even he wasn't that dumb

and in a more general 30,000 foot view, the Jets have the money to pay Jamal, resign Sam, pay Robby, trade for Yannick etc. They can make Williams a highly paid D lineman. They really do have all the room to do all those things. They just choose not to.  

i saw another post someone complaining about Williams rookie contract number. 

the 30 mil they are under at the moment includes dead space for Jamal Adams trade, Quincy cut, Bradley at SS, i.e. they are actually more like 45 mil under when it comes to actual roster spend (not cap space) 

i.e. The financial management of the team should be more concerned about getting above the cap floor not saving even more money by cutting players or letting the stars (at inconvenient positions) walk. All that leads to is CJ Mosely and Trumaine Johnson signings (bell too). Splashes to look like they care but it barely gets them to 93%  

but you are right one day they will tell us all about how QW  at DT is a bad investment and he will walk etc.  

Jonah is lucky there was no preseason or otherwise his glass shoulder would be cracked by now

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now do this with the hundreds of Defensive Linemen who sucked their rookie years and then continued to suck.  

And what’s the point of that? Obviously more people fail in the nfl than succeed? If you’re ready to write off Q after 1 year  where he dealt with a lingering ankle injury then that’s on you brotha 

15 minutes ago, SR24 said:

And what’s the point of that? Obviously more people fail in the nfl than succeed? If you’re ready to write off Q after 1 year  where he dealt with a lingering ankle injury then that’s on you brotha 

I'm not writing him off for an ankle injury last year.  I'm writing him off because he's Downy soft, lacks the athleticism to be a pass rushing DT, and can't get push against the Jets' 2nd team Offensive Line. 

Not to mention he was a Mike Maccagnan pick, and the one that finally got him fired, essentially.  It's a very safe bet that he ends up a bust. 

But I'm sure people here will praise him his whole career for his run-stuffing abilities, and that will be the basis on which he's deemed not to be a bust.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Jonah is lucky there was no preseason or otherwise his glass shoulder would be cracked by now

For what it's worth Jonah Williams is reportedly crushing people in Bengals practice

these Bama prospects go through the meat grinder but they often come out fine after a surgery or two from a real doctor 

On 8/26/2020 at 2:38 PM, bitonti said:

Sam Darnold and QW are both 3 overall picks in the draft

the board seems to give one a free pass and the other is a scape goat for everything wrong with the team

this thread should be titled "Sam Darnold fell down against the 2nd team for no reason" 

people like to bash the defense when it's the only decent part of the team for the last ten years 

and even further, everything in the NFL is based on scoring points. A defense that holds the other team to other 25 or 30 is a decent NFL defense in 2020

Jets fans feel like our defense has to pitch shut out cause Sam Darnold can't buy a first down.  

here's a spicy take Sam Darnold has less trade value than QW.  Even considering positional scarcity.  

Yes yes everything is Drob. 

Its looking more and more like neither are that good.