80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We're going to improve to 4-3 on the season and increase our total points scored lead. Any recommendations on moves to be made? This is a competitive 12 team league.

• QB: Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields
  • RB: D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Walker III, Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Tank Bigsby
  • WR: Keenan Allen, Chris Olave, Rashee Rice, Diontae Johnson, Jerry Jeudy
  • TE: Kelce

I would love to figure out a way to get another high end receiver but don't hate the group I have. Olave and Jeudy have underwhelmed. Tried several times trading for Breece but the guy isn't giving him up even at 1-6 now.

This is a well rounded team. You could try offering Olave and Jeudy to the Davante owner. Adams has had a few rough weeks so you might catch the owner panicking a bit. Adam Thielen could be a sneaky buy target too. He’s been a WR1 and could probably be had in a trade. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Kelce is a huge weapon in fantasy when you look at the points he earns over other TE's. 

It’s my first time ever owning him. Traded Andrews and change for Kelce and change over the summer. So nice to have that advantage. I still don’t know how he gets so wide open, like the Chargers are weren’t within ten yards of him yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is a well rounded team. You could try offering Olave and Jeudy to the Davante owner. Adams has had a few rough weeks so you might catch the owner panicking a bit. Adam Thielen could be a sneaky buy target too. He’s been a WR1 and could probably be had in a trade. 

yea the guy that owns Adams has a stable of WR's and wouldn't be interested in that. The guy that owns Thielen is the same twat that wouldn't trade Breece for Walker III straight up on the bye week when he was 1-5 and facing me. I tried several other trades w/him before that too. He won't trade anything.

55 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I could try to trade olave for j. jefferson and hope he returns. would be risky but I can lean on the other WR's in the mean time.

@Jetsfan80 as a JJ owner what would you think of that offer? 

I have Olave as more valuable than JJ, simply because a non-competing Vikings team will be in no rush to get Jefferson back on the field.  Even if he DOES return “on time”, we’re talking what…Week 12?  

In addition, I’m guessing the Olave quitting on routes stuff ends up old news before long.  

But at the same time, it’s intriguing to think of what your squad would look like come the playoffs with JJ, so it just depends on how you think moving Olave would impact your playoff chances.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have Olave as more valuable than JJ, simply because a non-competing Vikings team will be in no rush to get Jefferson back on the field.  Even if he DOES return “on time”, we’re talking what…Week 12?  

In addition, I’m guessing the Olave quitting on routes stuff ends up old news before long.  

But at the same time, it’s intriguing to think of what your squad would look like come the playoffs with JJ, so it just depends on how you think moving Olave would impact your playoff chances.

Really?  I have Olave.  Every week they tell me he is a must start and every Monday I wonder why.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Really?  I have Olave.  Every week they tell me he is a must start and every Monday I wonder why.

He’s quitting on routes now. With a sh*tty QB who only seems to like dumping off to Kamara. Olave is a fade for me rn in redraft. 

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

It’s my first time ever owning him. Traded Andrews and change for Kelce and change over the summer. So nice to have that advantage. I still don’t know how he gets so wide open, like the Chargers are weren’t within ten yards of him yesterday. 

I used to always stream TDs and pray for a TD.  Then for a couple of years I tried to draft real ones. Seems like whoever I pick gets hurt.  Right now I am sitting with Engram which is predictably horrible.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I used to always stream TDs and pray for a TD.  Then for a couple of years I tried to draft real ones. Seems like whoever I pick gets hurt.  Right now I am sitting with Engram which is predictably horrible.

It’s:

Kelce

—huge tier break—

Andrews

Hockenson

—huge tier break—

Unplayable schlock 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get it.  I have him too.  Its frustrating as hell. 

Its the advanced stats that say you keep having to start him.  Such as these:

• Targets:  68 (8th)
  • Target Share:  24.7 % (elite)
  • Average Targeted Air Yards:  13.4 (t-11th)
  • Share of Team's Air Yards:  38.7 % (14th)

I'm not saying the monster days are definitely coming, because Carr does indeed suck in a shockingly terrible way.  But couple this stuff with his performance last season and you have to keep throwing him out there due to his, at minimum, high floor.

He may well be a "poison pill" for your roster....I.E. someone you have to keep sending out there even though he's not giving you return on investment (like, say, Najee Harris did last season)....but there's no real alternative other than finding a trade partner who, like me, is tracking this stuff and things a turnaround/correction of sorts has to be coming.

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Engram and Freiermuth are classic "dead zone" TEs.  Guys you draft too high and end up regretting.  

You either have to get a truly elite TE early or, yes, as you did, go back to the streaming option and hope for the best.  I choose the former and always go after an elite one.  Be the first, 2nd or 3rd guy to draft a TE or wait until the very end of the draft.

Problem for me was that I had Pitts each of the prior 2 years.....elite talent, bottom of the barrel head coach.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm just happy to have Andrews!  Kelce was kept in my league otherwise I'd have been doing everything in my power to get him.

Working on a trade to get Andrews now in my other league (the non Gay team). I’ve cobbled together a TE room of Dalton Schultz, Taysom Hill, and Logan Thomas. Good luck trying to pick which of those three to play every week. If I can land Andrews I think that’ll be the final piece to my title run. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Engram and Freiermuth are classic "dead zone" TEs.  Guys you draft too high and end up regretting.  

You either have to get a truly elite TE early or, yes, as you did, go back to the streaming option and hope for the best.  I choose the former and always go after an elite one.  Be the first, 2nd or 3rd guy to draft a TE or wait until the very end of the draft.

Problem for me was that I had Pitts each of the prior 2 years.....elite talent, bottom of the barrel head coach.

By too high, you mean next to last round?  He sucks.  I know he sucks and I knew it then.  One year I drafted Kittle who I had in a high tier near Kelce.  It was nice and then he got hurt during our playoffs and I ended up having to roll with some Cameron Brate level scud.

The trouble with streaming TEs is that there is generally not rhyme or reason to when the sh*tty ones score.  It is TD or bust.  Usually bust.  A guy like Engram will suck all year, but have as many big games than the Jesse James type guys.  They are tough to project.  Like teams with good rush Ds are usually the place to start your scat back Jahmyr Gibbs types.  Another ******* guy the projections always tell me to start.  This was his first decent week and of course I kept him benched because he was coming off the injury and going against the Ravens.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I made the offer and got countered with JJ for Olave and Swift which I just launched at. When you're 2-5 you don't get to put an IRd wr on the block and demand full value. WTH 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm just happy to have Andrews!  Kelce was kept in my league otherwise I'd have been doing everything in my power to get him.

Well, I did it. Wasn’t thrilled about giving up Schultz but he was a sticking point for the other owner.

IMG_2229.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/23/2023 at 1:56 PM, PS17 said:

I have Adams.  The problem is Jimmy G keeps getting hurt, so they aren't throwing very well.

For this week coming up, I have

Running Back MCaffrey, Kamara

WR    AJ Brown, Keenan Allen,

Utility Breece Hall.

BUT   I also have Davante

Would you keep that, or move someone around?

55 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I have Adams.  The problem is Jimmy G keeps getting hurt, so they aren't throwing very well.

Utility Breece Hall.

is this a 6 team league?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Utility Breece Hall.

I kinda hate Jimmy G for Adams. He seems to lock onto Jakobi Meyers as his first read more times than not.

Your team looks great. How’s QB and TE? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I kinda hate Jimmy G for Adams. He seems to lock onto Jakobi Meyers as his first read more times than not.

Your team looks great. How’s QB and TE? 

Herbert, Kittle.

Defense is eagles and ravens.  Kicker is now the Jets own.

#1 in points.  3-4 record.   If I don't lead the league in points that week, I lose.  It's uncanny.

I'm the Mean Machine.  (Longest Yard)  No one in my league got the reference.  

Screenshot_20231024_154116_Fantasy.jpg

54 minutes ago, chirorob said:

#1 in points.  3-4 record.   If I don't lead the league in points that week, I lose.  It's uncanny.

Hate those types of years its happened to me like 4 separate years.... so annoying.

This year one 2nd place team, 2 middle of the pack but starting to get hot teams  and one team that is struggle f***ing its way to hopefully winning the toilet bowl and getting the #1 pick.🤞

• Upvote 2