80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

benching M. Thomas before Wilson all day and twice on Sunday night.

If Garrett can get one score (like he did in both weeks 1 & 2) then I'm good.  But if he has another 1-2 reception day for 30 yards, I'm toast.  Like last week. The rest of planet earth is telling me to sit Hopkins.  But I think that Hopkins is Tannehill's only real target this week.  Winston will be flinging the ball all day and the short throws to Kamara should help leave openings for Thomas, who has been good enough this season so far.  Olave and Thomas should be okay, especially if Kamara is slow to get going. edit: Carr starting.

Boils down to a matter of benching one of Wilson/Thomas/Hopkins. You guys all confirmed the rest. Will let you know what I decide tomorrow.  Plus if I'm going to the game, I "should" have Wilson in the lineup so I can see Zach ruin him right in front of my eyes.

update:  playing Hopkins and Garrett (after all, the team name is Garrett Cake and I'll be at tonight's game.)  So, I'm benching Thomas, even though Carr is indeed starting. This is obviously a fan-based decision and not a brain-based decision.  As long as Zach Wilson is under center, Garrett's fantasy value is pedestrian. He is rarely targetted and we have a terribly inaccurate QB.  My opponent this week is already in trouble, so I'll take the risk on Garrett, but deep down I think we all know that Thomas is the better play for week 4. 

I’m currently projected to be the # 1 scorer of the week thanks to Jefferson, Kyren, Andrews and Swift.  Olave is doing nothing and Richardson over Lamar looking like a not so great call so far but it won’t matter.

And I’ve still got Chiefs D tonight, lol.

3-1 here I come!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m currently projected to be the # 1 scorer of the week thanks to Jefferson, Kyren, Andrews and Swift.  Olave is doing nothing and Richardson over Lamar looking like a not so great call so far but it won’t matter.

And I’ve still got Chiefs D tonight, lol.

3-1 here I come!

Need more swift. I hate seeing 14 in game 

Olave was inches from pulling in a bomb TD. He's hurting me.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Need more swift. I hate seeing 14 in game 

Olave was inches from pulling in a bomb TD. He's hurting me.

Richardson just turned a meh day for him into a very good one with that rush TD.  Lets goooo.

As you said earlier in the thread, running QBs are the t*ts!  I should trade him away this week to the guy with Cousins as his lone QB (he had Rodgers).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Richardson just turned a meh day for him into a very good one with that rush TD.  Lets goooo.

As you said earlier in the thread, running QBs are the t*ts!  I should trade him away this week to the guy with Cousins as his lone QB (he had Rodgers).

I don't take QBs who aren't a rushing threat. Maybe for 1 week on a bye or something 

• Upvote 1

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80

Half my team is on bye week and I need to pickup a RB.

I put in a trade offer of K. Walker 3 (bye) for Breeeeeece straight up which I expect to be rejected, but you never know.

If so, this is the garbage I'm looking at. Looking for ceiling.

McKinnon @Min
D. Cook @Den
L.Murray vs. Jax
M. Breida @Mia 
D.Singletary @Atl
C. Patterson vs. Hou

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80

I put in a trade offer of K. Walker 3 (bye) for Breeeeeece straight up which I expect to be rejected, but you never know.

McKinnon @Min
D. Cook @Den
L.Murray vs. Jax
M. Breida @Mia 
D.Singletary @Atl
C. Patterson vs. Hou

Here's how I'd rank em:

1. Latavius - ageless wonder, Bills O is cooking, might as well utilize a piece of it; highest ceiling of the group IMO
  2. Dalvin - He's obviously toast but Denver D is THAT BAD + Dalvin is getting volume
  3. McKinnon - It's close between him and Dalvin, but this is Pacheco's backfield and McKinnon hasn't been needed; he does have a higher ceiling than Dalvin though so you may well flop them here
  4. Singletary
  5. Breida
  6. Patterson
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

McKinnon @Min
D. Cook @Den
L.Murray vs. Jax
M. Breida @Mia 
D.Singletary @Atl
C. Patterson vs. Hou

Leaning McKinnon. KC is going to score a LOT on Minnesota 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

McKinnon @Min
D. Cook @Den
L.Murray vs. Jax
M. Breida @Mia 
D.Singletary @Atl
C. Patterson vs. Hou

I'm 1-3 x 3  and  2-2 x1 between my 4 leagues .... i got too cute this year ....my advice is worthless at the moment.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

So this is how my week went (I’m on the left).  lol.  How’d you guys do?  

IMG_7275.png

Ah another man of culture and sophistication, I too streamed Washingtons D.

I pulled it out of the flames this week and and if Devante goes for less than 28 ppr points I go 3 and 1 on the week between 4 leagues to begin climbing out of holes.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

IMG_7275.png

I'm not done yet, but it's bleak.

I have the highest scoring team in the league by 100 points.   And I'm about to be 2-3

Screenshot_20231009-074314_Fantasy.jpg

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

IMG_7275.png

Bruh. My dream, awesome luck fantasy season continues! I’m projected second in PF (out of 14 teams) this week, and of course I’m going against two more players who went nuclear. Last week it was Jefferson and Diggs, this week, Etienne and Moore. Compounding things is I neglected to take out Nick Bolton before he got ruled out at 4pm so now I need a minor miracle from Davante Adams instead of just a normal performance. This team is probably 3-2 now but heading into the soft part of the schedule and I’m getting Ekeler back.

IMG_1933.png

IMG_1934.jpeg

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

I’m assuming this is dynasty? How does one get Tyreek, Diggs, and Chase in redraft? 

We get to keep one.  He kept Chase for a 3rd.  Got Diggs and Tyreek with a late 1 and early 2.  10-team league.

I hate that it worked out that way for him.  Hate it hate it hate it.

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We get to keep one.  He kept Chase for a 3rd.  Got Diggs and Tyreek with a late 1 and early 2.  10-team league.

I hate that it worked out that way for him.  Hate it hate it hate it.

Wow! Hammer city. Good for that guy.

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2023 at 12:46 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

IMG_7275.png

cut achane to pick up Fields after week 2 when someone cut him. Picked up Latavius Murray (scored 1pt) for RB this week because half my team was on bye week and started Lamar Jackson over Fields. Lost by 7.

leading the league in scoring.  2-3 record.

I hate fantasy football.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

cut achane to pick up Fields after week 2 when someone cut him. Picked up Latavius Murray (scored 1pt) for RB this week because half my team was on bye week and started Lamar Jackson over Fields. Lost by 7.

leading the league in scoring.  2-3 record.

I hate fantasy football.

Meanwhile what am I up to?  Trying to unload Jefferson, that’s what.

Only thing holding me up on that is I’d strongly consider keeping him for a 1 next season.  Pre-injury he was on pace for his best season yet.  But I can bake that into the equation a bit in trade talks, so….

Current offers I’ve sent out:

1) Jefferson FOR Aiyuk, Zay Flowers, Jeff Wilson

2) Jefferson, Kyren Williams, Gainwell FOR David Montgomery, Pacheco, Mike Evans, Josh Palmer, Jaleel McLaughlin