80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Depends entirely on the strength of your roster.  Tough to evaluate his importance 5 weeks from now vs your immediate needs.  Big needs? Then cya Kyren.  Comfortable right now?  Then hold on for a bit until you need the roster spot.  Only 1 IR spot?  That's sooo pre-concussion protocol, pre-covid, etc...  dude.  Every league needs at least 3.

I hear ya.  Commish never likes making big changes like that.  He figured since it’s a 10-team league then roster decisions like that need to be made with cut/keep rather than having a bunch of IR spots.  

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I hear ya.  Commish never likes making big changes like that.  He figured since it’s a 10-team league then roster decisions like that need to be made with cut/keep rather than having a bunch of IR spots.  

Convince him. One IR spot is absurd in modern day concussion protocol.  Tell him to get his ass out of 1995.

edit: just be more polite than above

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

Kyren Williams just got put on IR, meaning he’s out until Week 12 at minimum.

I currently have Jefferson in my lone IR spot.  Is Kyren droppable in a 10-team league, or should I continue to hold onto him?  

Knowing Mcvay he will make Henderson the bell cow for three games back from the dead... followed by for no real reason Zach Evans for three with Kyren and Henderson sitting there and then to close out the season it will be a three headed monster where everyone is getting play every other series and no one is producing .... from there everyone will argue about who the actual starter is going into 2024 only for none of them to be on the roster opening day and the comitee to then be Leonard Fornette and Sony Michel ... just because...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Knowing Mcvay he will make Henderson the bell cow for three games back from the dead... followed by for no real reason Zach Evans for three with Kyren and Henderson sitting there and then to close out the season it will be a three headed monster where everyone is getting play every other series and no one is producing .... from there everyone will argue about who the actual starter is going into 2024 only for none of them to be on the roster opening day and the comitee to then be Leonard Fornette and Sony Michel ... just because...

Yep that's my thinking too, lol.  Friggin McVay.

I'll hold Kyren for now but most of my byes fall Weeks 10 and 11.  By then something will have to give....

I opted to drop Jordan Mason for Stroud instead of dropping Kyren.  CMC practiced in limited fashion today and is trending towards playing.  Even if he's only used sparingly that's enough uncertainty where I know Mason is definitely not an option in the lineup for me.  Especially on a Monday night when I wouldn't have anybody else I could throw in there.

Someone else in my league dropped Jeudy yesterday too.  Crazy times at Bye-mageddon!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep that's my thinking too, lol.  Friggin McVay.

I'll hold Kyren for now but most of my byes fall Weeks 10 and 11.  By then something will have to give....

I opted to drop Jordan Mason for Stroud instead of dropping Kyren.  CMC practiced in limited fashion today and is trending towards playing.  Even if he's only used sparingly that's enough uncertainty where I know Mason is definitely not an option in the lineup for me.  Especially on a Monday night when I wouldn't have anybody else I could throw in there.

Someone else in my league dropped Jeudy yesterday too.  Crazy times at Bye-mageddon!

I f***ed uo this morning and dropped roschon because i have Breece and spears on byes and needed someone to start at RB.... i could have made h my second IR... as soon as i did it I was like ****

Add to that dropped AJ Dillon 2 weeks ago.... becuase hes been 0 fun to roster... didnt want to waste a waiver pick up on him this week and missed scooping him up ( he plays Denver) because someone else was up at 3:15 and grabbed him before I did at 7 am... normally I'm the guy making moves at 3 am because Newborn and 2 year old that wakes up 3 times a night.... but not today.... 

So I'm desperation starting Keontay 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I f***ed uo this morning and dropped roschon because i have Breece and spears on byes and needed someone to start at RB.... i could have made h my second IR... as soon as i did it I was like ****

Add to that dropped AJ Dillon 2 weeks ago.... becuase hes been 0 fun to roster... didnt want to waste a waiver pick up on him this week and missed scooping him up ( he plays Denver) because someone else was up at 3:15 and grabbed him before I did at 7 am... normally I'm the guy making moves at 3 am because Newborn and 2 year old that wakes up 3 times a night.... but not today.... 

So I'm desperation starting Keontay 

I’ve never understood why Dillon gets talked up every summer by the fantasy community.  I just don’t get it.  What is the appeal there with him?  

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I bought Henderson on waivers for $1 faab. I'll be happy to take those 3 weeks. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’ve never understood why Dillon gets talked up every summer by the fantasy community.  I just don’t get it.  What is the appeal there with him?  

Great question...   draft capital, age, size expected Aaron Jones decline... 

Well Aaron been out most of the year and AJ has sucked sooo jokes on us.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Great question...   draft capital, age, size expected Aaron Jones decline... 

Well Aaron been out most of the year and AJ has sucked sooo jokes on us.

Yeah, I can appreciate the idea of him being a “high end handcuff”, but I didn’t get why people thought he carried strong standalone value.  He’s not a good pass catcher, he isn’t really a big play guy….just was odd especially given the opportunity cost of what it took to select him in most drafts the last couple seasons.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah, I can appreciate the idea of him being a “high end handcuff”, but I didn’t get why people thought he carried strong standalone value.  He’s not a good pass catcher, he isn’t really a big play guy….just was odd especially given the opportunity cost of what it took to select him in most drafts the last couple seasons.  

Yeah definitely not a home run hitter at his size and speed ... the hope was efficient high volume play if he was the #1... high end handcuff with goal line size at 250 lbs.

He hasnt been efficient so it is what is 

I got him in like the 12th round so no love lost.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Yeah definitely not a home run hitter at his size and speed ... the hope was efficient high volume play if he was the #1... high end handcuff with goal line size at 250 lbs.

He hasnt been efficient so it is what is 

I got him in like the 12th round so no love lost.

Ah that’s a good price.  And certainly makes it easy to let him go.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:38 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob 

Kyren Williams just got put on IR, meaning he’s out until Week 12 at minimum.

I currently have Jefferson in my lone IR spot.  Is Kyren droppable in a 10-team league, or should I continue to hold onto him?  

i don't think he's anything special, just found himself in a good spot. Not sure he'll regain it. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this is for all y'all Jerome Ford haters @Jetsfan80 @Dcat

Suck It Mixed Martial Arts GIF by UFC

image.jpeg.07b8c98dac12864b1d208bc2b6d6e4eb.jpeg

The 24-year-old ran the ball well on Sunday, accruing a season-high 6.7 yards per carry. However, Ford ultimately sustained a right ankle injury, with The Athletic's Zac Jackson reporting the 2022 fifth-round pick left the stadium in a walking boot. 

• Haha 1

So AJ Brown is sputtering and my opponent’s Dolphins IDPs are surging, particularly Bradley Chubb. I’m projected to lose by 7. My ass is on the couch for the first half; palpable bad vibes.

I decide to move upstairs to my room for the third quarter. Jevon Holland and David Long, two of my opponent’s IDPs, murder each other on the field and Arthur Juan Brown then goes off. Life’s good.

IMG_2174.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, PS17 said:

So AJ Brown is sputtering and my opponent’s Dolphins IDPs are surging, particularly Bradley Chubb. I’m projected to lose by 7. My ass is on the couch for the first half; palpable bad vibes.

I decide to move upstairs to my room for the third quarter. Jevon Holland and David Long, two of my opponent’s IDPs, murder each other on the field and Arthur Juan Brown then goes off. Life’s good.

IMG_2174.jpeg

"Matt's Gays"?

• Haha 3

We're going to improve to 4-3 on the season and increase our total points scored lead. Any recommendations on moves to be made? This is a competitive 12 team league.

• QB: Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields
  • RB: D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Walker III, Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Tank Bigsby
  • WR: Keenan Allen, Chris Olave, Rashee Rice, Diontae Johnson, Jerry Jeudy
  • TE: Kelce

I would love to figure out a way to get another high end receiver but don't hate the group I have. Olave and Jeudy have underwhelmed. Tried several times trading for Breece but the guy isn't giving him up even at 1-6 now.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

We're going to improve to 4-3 on the season and increase our total points scored lead. Any recommendations on moves to be made?

• QB: Lamar Jackson, Justin Fields
  • RB: D'Andre Swift, Kenneth Walker III, Jerome Ford, Zach Charbonnet, Tank Bigsby
  • WR: Keenan Allen, Chris Olave, Rashee Rice, Diontae Johnson, Jerry Jeudy
  • TE: Kelce

I would love to figure out a way to get another high end receiver but don't hate the group I have. Olave and Jeudy have underwhelmed. Tried several times trading for Breece but the guy isn't giving him up even at 1-6 now.

Eh, I think by the end of the season Rashee could easily be that “high end receiver” for you.  

RBs are precious commodities so you could probably get one for Swift, Walker or Ford…but why bother?  They’re more valuable to you than they’d be to someone else in all likelihood.