80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile what am I up to?  Trying to unload Jefferson, that’s what.

Only thing holding me up on that is I’d strongly consider keeping him for a 1 next season.  Pre-injury he was on pace for his best season yet.  But I can bake that into the equation a bit in trade talks, so….

Current offers I’ve sent out:

1) Jefferson FOR Aiyuk, Zay Flowers, Jeff Wilson

2) Jefferson, Kyren Williams, Gainwell FOR David Montgomery, Pacheco, Mike Evans, Josh Palmer, Jaleel McLaughlin

Offer 1 isn't terrible 

On 10/10/2023 at 6:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Only thing holding me up on that is I’d strongly consider keeping him for a 1 next season.  Pre-injury he was on pace for his best season yet.  But I can bake that into the equation a bit in trade talks, so….

2) Jefferson, Kyren Williams, Gainwell FOR David Montgomery, Pacheco, Mike Evans, Josh Palmer, Jaleel McLaughlin

I was about to trade for Jefferson with my son.  He wanted to hold out for 1 more week.

Now it's, "Dad, can we do the trade?" 

"No"

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny, someone just sent me a trade request offering me JJ for Lamb and Henry and I'm about to pull the trigger....

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Why the **** does this have to be the one year I draft ****ing Mahomes.

I had Mahomes and Rashee Rice going against Butker and the score is 29 to 17.😑

I go 0QB so many other years ... 

computer rage GIF

I was going to say

Watching Butker out score either QB last night was kinda funny.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, chirorob said:

This week, would you start 

Herbert vs Dallas

Stafford vs Arizona?

Really good problem to have as both are excellent plays this week.  I slightly lean Herbert:  1) No need to “get cute” with a rock solid top-8 guy, 2) DAL/LAC should be a really good shootout, 3) Kellen Moore “revenge game” factor 

• Upvote 1

WTF to do with Higgins today?  He's active, but could be a decoy or pulled very quickly.

In one league it's Ford or Higgins (0.5 ppr).   leaning Ford on that one but not committed at all.

In another league (full ppr) it is Higgins, Z Moss or Downs.

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

WTF to do with Higgins today?  He's active, but could be a decoy or pulled very quickly.

In one league it's Ford or Higgins (0.5 ppr).   leaning Ford on that one but not committed at all.

@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89

I’d bench Higgins in both cases. Don’t trust him to stay on the field. Leaning Moss over Downs, though Minshew seems to like throwing to the rookie. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Get Downs into your lineup I’d say.  You’re basically going for the desperation play anyways, so might as well go with the highest ceiling option.  

Bench Ford.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I’d probably lean Ford in that one case big worth chasing Higgins ceiling in the other 

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2023 at 10:28 PM, chirorob said:

This week, would you start 

Herbert vs Dallas

Stafford vs Arizona?

On 10/13/2023 at 10:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Really good problem to have as both are excellent plays this week.  I slightly lean Herbert:  1) No need to “get cute” with a rock solid top-8 guy, 2) DAL/LAC should be a really good shootout, 3) Kellen Moore “revenge game” factor 

17 hours ago, chirorob said:

Ugh

McCaffrey hurt.  I already lost Chubb for the season.

And I got too cute with Stafford

Dammit rob!  lol.

• Upvote 1

I improved to 3-3 this week and still lead the league in points scored.

My opponent has many players on a bye including both his starting RB's. He owns Breece, who I want. Jets defensive opponents ease up big time and Breece is no longer limited. 

Thinking of offering him Walker III for Breece again (he never responded to the first offer when Walker was on bye). Walkers defensive opponents coming up are more difficult.

Is it worth it to give my opponent help in this spot? I would fill in with Ford vs. Indy this week which I think still makes me the favorite. A loss would hurt my playoff chances but my team would be better off IMO. I do have the Charbonnet (Walkers backup).

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My opponent has many players on a bye including both his starting RB's. He owns Breece, who I want. Jets defensive opponents ease up big time and Breece is no longer limited. 

Thinking of offering him Walker III for Breece again (he never responded to the first offer when Walker was on bye). Walkers defensive opponents coming up are more difficult.

Is it worth it to give my opponent help in this spot? I would fill in with Ford vs. Indy this week which I think still makes me the favorite. A loss would hurt my playoff chances but my team would be better off IMO. I do have the Charbonnet (Walkers backup).

@Dcat@Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89  @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @Jetsfan80 @Lurker89

I feel like if you lead the league in scoring, things will work itself out.  As an example, there was a team that was 4-0 in my league but was the 8th highest scoring team and had the lowest points against.  Well, he's lost 2 in a row and in 6th place and the 2 highest scoring teams are now in first at 5-1 and I'm 4-2 w/ the 2nd highest after starting 1-2 because I got everyone's best game.  I didnt panic, still held w/ my draft picks, I actually picked up Ford too but only started him once.   I've got a brutal bye week but feel like I can still win and even if I dont, I'll be fine the rest of the way.  I rather not sacrifice my roster to chase 1 win.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I would, but i don't mind rolling the dice/hedging my bet if my team is scoring points and selling out - I'll take the chance and assume at worst i'll sneak in as a wildcard. 

Breece's back half of the fantasy season is legendary 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes, go for it.  Your opponent for the week shouldn't have any impact on a trade you make, as you're making this move for the long haul.  Might even be easier to make the deal happen since he MIGHT be thinking about "just this week".  

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, go for it.  Your opponent for the week shouldn't have any impact on a trade you make, as you're making this move for the long haul.  Might even be easier to make the deal happen since he MIGHT be thinking about "just this week".  

Opponent matters because I'm 3-3. If I was 6-0 or 5-1 then yes, I agree. Improving my opponents chance of beating me and dropping my record to 3-4 puts me at risk of not making playoffs.

fwiw, my opponent is 1-5 and absolutely needs a win. If I were them I'd make the trade all day but this league has a bunch of stubborn bitches.

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Opponent matters because I'm 3-3. If I was 6-0 or 5-1 then yes, I agree. Improving my opponents chance of beating me and dropping my record to 3-4 puts me at risk of not making playoffs.

fwiw, my opponent is 1-5 and absolutely needs a win. If I were them I'd make the trade all day but this league has a bunch of stubborn bitches.

In that case just send the trade offer on Saturday or whatever so it won't process till next week, lol.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess I'll be the contrarian here.  No way does this guy get Walker this week. Period.  BTW, Seattle is 100% committed to Walker this season and only an injury will give Charbonnett any meaningful time.  It is NOT a committee.   Just like Chubb in Cleveland before the injury, Walker is is more of a one-man show at RB and Carroll loves him.  Same for Breece Hall on the Jets.  No more committee here either.  The "Cook book" is closed, thankfully.  Hall for Walker in a trade is just fine.  But you simply do not help him win this week.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:26 PM, Lurker89 said:

Why the **** does this have to be the one year I draft ****ing Mahomes.

I had Mahomes and Rashee Rice going against Butker and the score is 29 to 17.😑

I go 0QB so many other years ... 

computer rage GIF

Justin Herbert was the play in the middle rounds. People forget that last time he was healthy he finished QB2 overall. So he gets a recovered ribcage, healthy Keenan Allen, and an OC upgrade but still was going in the middle rounds after Lamar, Burrow, and sometimes Lawrence.

Pretty sure Herbert is QB1 overall in PPG thus far. I have him on both of my teams. Though I would have loved it if he didn’t throw that stupid pick last night. 

• Upvote 1