80's "I need fantasy assistance" thread

Jetsfan80

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

I liked Lively too.  Thought about him as TE2 but the combination of Andrews ahead of him, Lamar not being a prolific passer, and Derrick Henry eating up goal line snaps, I assumed he would just mail in his 500 yards and 4 TDs again.  Well he opened a lot of eyes tonight.

He will be claimed in 100% of leagues by Tuesday morning.  And there is a 50% chance he will not repeat this performance again this season but who knows....

so glad I drafted Marc Andrews, for 2 catches and 12 yards or whatever.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Ravens o-line looks suspect, though, and it's going to be a problem for Henry and the rest of that team. But Lamar, wow, you just put your team on your back. So close. 

I'm dropping DOLLARS on Likely on waivers, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

so glad I drafted Marc Andrews, for 2 catches and 12 yards or whatever.

Guys, GUYS.  Andrews was in a car accident in August.  They're bringing him back slowly.  Andrews will be elite the rest of the way and Likely will fade unless Andrews gets hurt.  Ease up on the Andrews hate and don't blow your budget on Likely.  He's very talented but will not produce like this again this season unless Andrews gets hurt.

Remember:  Week 1 is the worst week to be reactionary now that preseason has gotten shortened.  Certainly you can find some gems off of Week 1 usage but largely Week 1 reaction takes end up being just a bunch of noise.  No one really knows entirely what they have on their rosters until ~ Week 4, let alone Week 1.

So glad I faded him.  Finally.  I've been frustrated by Higgins too many times in past years.

Chase appears on track to play Sunday. However, Tee Higgins showed up on the injury report on Thursday with a hamstring injury.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Guys, GUYS.  Andrews was in a car accident in August.  They're bringing him back slowly.  Andrews will be elite the rest of the way and Likely will fade unless Andrews gets hurt.  Ease up on the Andrews hate and don't blow your budget on Likely.  He's very talented but will not produce like this again this season unless Andrews gets hurt.

Remember:  Week 1 is the worst week to be reactionary now that preseason has gotten shortened.  Certainly you can find some gems off of Week 1 usage but largely Week 1 reaction takes end up being just a bunch of noise.  No one really knows entirely what they have on their rosters until ~ Week 4, let alone Week 1.

Andrews wasn't worth the price in the drafts and now Likely won't be worth the FAAB price in waivers.  This is the first season where I have zero shares of Andrews.  Used to love him as a FF pick.  No more.  

some idiot out there will undoubtedly drop Andrews for Likely and some luck bastrd will scoop him up.

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m gonna go full Ron Burgandy here and say “Agree to disagree”.

Andrews looked cooked. Stick a fork in the big fella.

“Likely to the moon!”

Caveat - I’m a dude that punts on TE every year and tries to find a waiver wire hero 

Guy I am playing had Andrews as his flex (?!?!?!)  He had Kelce, Lamar, and Butker going.  Had Worthy on his bench.  

I don't play the game where you have to bid for waiver claims, but I believe in Likely.  I have thought he was the real deal since he came out.  I certainly would have taken him over Ruckert, but I guess Ruckert is more in-line TE.  The only thing keeping me away from him is Andrews and all the receivers they add.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Guy I am playing had Andrews as his flex (?!?!?!)  He had Kelce, Lamar, and Butker going.  Had Worthy on his bench.  

I don't play the game where you have to bid for waiver claims, but I believe in Likely.  I have thought he was the real deal since he came out.  I certainly would have taken him over Ruckert, but I guess Ruckert is more in-line TE.  The only thing keeping me away from him is Andrews and all the receivers they add.  

Pity you already have Andrews. I’m trying to buy him everywhere from panicked owners.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Picking up Andrews in my point per car accident league 

• Haha 3

Been an interesting week...

Mark Andrews in the lineup Likely on the bench in one dynasty league...

Playing against AJB in 2 leagues have him in one...

Playing against AJB and Jayden Reed in one ... we'll call that one a wrap...

Tee not playing in that league right after I trade for him and put Worthy on the bench is peak Me vs. The Fantasy Gods.... that what i get for fleecing someone 😂.

Looks like Andrews is mitigating some of the Oline woes blocking and Likely is eating ... i gonna put my balls on the table play Likely over Andrews for a week to see if that trend continues... probably gonna regret it.

Mark andrews did have 72% Route Participation compared to Likelys 69% but 11 targets 9 catches for 111 and td  almost more wtf am i supposed to do repeat what i did this week or read the short term writing on the wall... both are going to eat this year but with Likleys big slot usage this week and hot hand i need to roll him out wrek 2.... 

Own JLove in a dynasty league as my young  QB2...so **** me amirite

Crazy start to the season thus far

On 9/5/2024 at 8:33 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Chase back at practice.  As expected - players don’t want to give up game checks, lol.  Vegas expected it too, as there hasn’t been any spread or O/U movement since that news.  

Even moreso than before….Gotta go Burrow!

I benched Burrow.

Well see what Goff gives me.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@PS17 @Jetsfan80

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

I apologize for ever believing in Zamir White....

.....Good thing I don't own him anywhere....

@PS17 @Jetsfan80

Correction...  I own him in 0 managed leagues and 1 of 8 best ball leagues... for a total 8.3% exposure ... 😂

Congrats on calling the deadzone running back what he was ... I was making that call with my heart and limited analytics... never again ... from now on only making calls with my head and my peen.... and ample analytics.🧠🍆

Me dealing with Zamir  you too watching:

IMG_20240908_190309.gif.9223cb458aef5875be3088d650469e68.gif

Just kidding you guys are looking on like:

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

@PS17 @Jetsfan80

Correction...  I own him in 0 managed leagues and 1 of 8 best ball leagues... for a total 8.3% exposure ... 😂

Congrats on calling the deadzone running back what he was ... I was making that call with my heart and limited analytics... never again ... from now on only making calls with my head and my peen.... and ample analytics.🧠🍆

Me dealing with Zamir  you too watching:

IMG_20240908_190309.gif.9223cb458aef5875be3088d650469e68.gif

Just kidding you guys are looking on like:

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

• Haha 1

@Lurker89 @PS17

Trying to strike while the iron is hot in my re-draft league.  It's only a 10-teamer so there are quite a few decent QB's on the waiver wire (Goff, Lawrence, Stafford, Geno, Fields) but I offered this to the guy whose only QB currently is Jordan Love:

I receive:  RB James Cook, TE Kyle Pitts

I give up:  QB Jayden Daniels, TE Trey McBride

My QB1 is Josh Allen and I desperately need RB help (current backs:  Achane, Jaylen Warren, Gus Edwards, Antonio Gibson) with only a few RBs on the wire I like currently (Ray Davis, Marshawn Lloyd, Bucky Irving).  Probably too early to try to cash in on Daniels but it also may well end up now or never.

Wish me luck!  🤞

• Upvote 2

@Jetsfan80 Life has taught me well... one would think based on my genuine affinity for Zamir I would have much more than one share of him at cost between 12 total drafts... 

But deep down my churned and charred soul said:

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

I think i should be happy about that.... I think...

• Haha 1

I was down by about 15 late in the DET/LAR game but Montgomery completely turned things around in OT.  I think he racked up about 10 pts just in OT tonight.  Man is my MVP of the week if I win (just need 6.1 from CMC tomorrow so if he's not a scratch, I think I'm good).  My Stroud/Collins stack definitely also showed up as well.  Was a little concerned during that game about Diggs getting the TD looks but I'll take 100+ yards thank you.

So far, so good.  London and Trey McBride were my only duds so far.  Not worried about McBride.  Gotta hope London was just a victim of Joey Porter this week.

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

I was down by about 15 late in the DET/LAR game but Montgomery completely turned things around in OT.  I think he racked up about 10 pts just in OT tonight.  Man is my MVP of the week if I win (just need 6.1 from CMC tomorrow so if he's not a scratch, I think I'm good).  My Stroud/Collins stack definitely also showed up as well.  Was a little concerned during that game about Diggs getting the TD looks but I'll take 100+ yards thank you.

So far, so good.  London and Trey McBride were my only duds so far.  Not worried about McBride.  Gotta hope London was just a victim of Joey Porter this week.

Nico is still the alpha in that offense. He’s so freaking good. Give me the 100+ yards and deep targets all day over two short touchdowns. Yardage and depth of target are a lot more sticky/bankable than TDs. 

Gotta be slightly concerned about London though. Cousins was immobile and terrible. They didn’t run one play action because they’re afraid of him moving more than 2-3 seconds. 

McBride will be fine.

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Nico is still the alpha in that offense. He’s so freaking good. Give me the 100+ yards and deep targets all day over two short touchdowns. Yardage and depth of target are a lot more sticky/bankable than TDs. 

Gotta be slightly concerned about London though. Cousins was immobile and terrible. They didn’t run one play action because they’re afraid of him moving more than 2-3 seconds. 

McBride will be fine.

Yeah.  We'll see next week.  Fortunately, my flex is Godwin who looked very good yesterday.  If I have to grab another starter to replace London, I can go in any direction (WR/TE/RB).  Clearly a few players will emerge over the next week or two.