What is the plan here JD

kevinc855

3 hours ago, slats said:

Adding what you think you know to what you believe, I'm starting to get the full picture. 

Adams burned the house down under the pretense of getting paid, and is now perfectly content playing somewhere else for the exact same contract that was too abhorrent to him to continue playing under with the Jets. Or did you miss that part of the story? 

He's not going to be haunted by that trade, it will be hailed as his best move and one of the best trades in league history. Just an unbelievable haul for such a low value position. 

Only butt hurt Jets fans think that way. Literally nobody else thinks adams is low value 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

Only butt hurt Jets fans think that way. Literally nobody else thinks adams is low value 

If/when Joe Douglas builds a contender here, that trade will be pointed to as a key reason why. Two firsts and a third for a strong safety? That's craziness. 

Adams will go on to sign for big money, and then be released before he gets to the end of it. And never sign another big money deal after that. Very replaceable position. The world is littered with 220lb dudes who run a 4.56, and safeties have longer careers than RBs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, slats said:

If/when Joe Douglas builds a contender here, that trade will be pointed to as a key reason why. Two firsts and a third for a strong safety? That's craziness. 

Adams will go on to sign for big money, and then be released before he gets to the end of it. And never sign another big money deal after that. Very replaceable position. The world is littered with 220lb dudes who run a 4.56, and safeties have longer careers than RBs. 

This is pure fantasy land now. No one thinks Jamal adams is “easily replaceable” besides jet fans trying to convince themselves this was a good move.

your scenario be nice but he could also draft some mediocre wr and d lineman if not complete busts. I wish I could think like you do but reality is a funny thing 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

This is pure fantasy land now. No one thinks Jamal adams is “easily replaceable” besides jet fans trying to convince themselves this was a good move.

your scenario be nice but he could also draft some mediocre wr and d lineman if not complete busts. I wish I could think like you do but reality is a funny thing 

You should check it out sometime. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Says the guy who thinks pro bowlers are just like everyone else 

The guy didn't want to be on the Jets. He scorched the earth to get himself off this team. People were concerned the Jets would get nothing for him in a trade because of his stupid antics, instead Joe Douglas got two firsts and a third for him. Be happy, Jamal was never gonna be happy here. Or become a Seahawk fan. He's got a couple years left with them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

What position does he play?  Are you trolling?

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I hear this argument about how Macc destroyed the team and how JD is going to need years to undo the damage.  Then I see the 49ers last year, the Rams in 2018, the Eagles in 2017 and how quickly they were able to go from mediocre/garbage to the Superbowl.  So excuse me if I think it's reasonable to expect more than the sh!t product we are currently watching...

You are right and the answer is 

ADAM GASE... He is who we thought he was!

The same inept offense we saw in Miami!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

You are right and the answer is 

ADAM GASE... He is who we thought he was!

The same inept offense we saw in Miami!!!

I've been slow to the Fire Gase bandwagon.  I saw the strong finish last year (albeit against crap teams and the Bills bench) and drank the "be patient" Kool-aid.  But this team is unwatchable.  Unless Sam magically morphs into Peyton Manning in the next few weeks, Gase is toast...

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I've been slow to the Fire Gase bandwagon.  I saw the strong finish last year (albeit against crap teams and the Bills bench) and drank the "be patient" Kool-aid.  But this team is unwatchable.  Unless Sam magically morphs into Peyton Manning in the next few weeks, Gase is toast...

I hated the hiring of GASE hated it but like you cooled down and was willing to give him a chance but the plain truth is this that Gase had some of the WORST games under his leadership for the Jets in the last 40 years!

What we saw when Sam went down last year the Jets were IMO last year was WORSE than the Kotitie years and now these two games are absurd.  We are the worst coached team in the NFL.. the WORST and it is not close.  I don't think Bowles has the team looking like this and his staff was ABYSMAL!  

No, it is simple, the idea that Gase is going to outcoach upper echelon HCs on a regular basis is a fantasy and one that we Jets fans shouldn't have to accept.....

• Upvote 1