Predicting the future - save your predictions and see if you were right!

I want to predict the future. 

I'm not very good at this, as i don't have a crystal ball...but i'd like a point of reference that i can use a decade or 2 from now (hopefully the forum still exists then!!). Most of us already do this in the main forum, but this is for non-football, real life-related predictions only. 

Feel free to document your prediction for posterity. 

Here's my first prediction:

A decade from now - in 2030:

1. A country's digital space will become an extension of it's physical borders. You'll need a passport to access another country's digital space (or internet), much in the same way that you do when you're traveling overseas. Physical travel across borders, will become a privilege of only those in high-ranking positions of authority, either government or business. Common citizens will no longer be able to travel extensively. 

2. This one's obvious: we will become a cashless society. Every single transaction and activity will be linked and performed through an app on your phone. 

• Sympathy 1

• 1 month later...

3. In a post-pandemic world, live music concerts and theatre will take on the form of something similar to what was shown in the Backstreet Boys' song 'Get Down' from 1996:

Millions of screens featuring the audience on display, many of whom are jumping around and mimicking the movements and behavior of the performers on an elaborate set. 

34 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

3. In a post-pandemic world, live music concerts and theatre will take on the form of something similar to what was shown in the Backstreet Boys' song 'Get Down' from 1996:

Millions of screens featuring the audience on display, many of whom are jumping around and mimicking the movements and behavior of the performers on an elaborate set. 

I've been to a few. The only difference is less people, more masks and less inter group mingling that is partially enforced by security.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:57 PM, Panzer Division Marduk said:

Max will still not have run 10k.

Hey, I saw it floating on the side that you had a birthday the other day! Happy B! It was to next to some other posters I never heard of who probably only posted three times collectively, so you win! Win what, who is to say. : /  Anyway, I know who Marduk is, but there used to be some guy on here called Wandering Marmaloof or something like that with a weird cat avatar. Both usernames used to make me feel like I was on acid. And I've never dropped acid.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jetophile said:

Hey, I saw it floating on the side that you had a birthday the other day! Happy B! It was to next to some other posters I never heard of who probably only posted three times collectively, so you win! Win what, who is to say. : /  Anyway, I know who Marduk is, but there used to be some guy on here called Wandering Marmaloof or something like that with a weird cat avatar. Both usernames used to make me feel like I was on acid. And I've never dropped acid.

Thanks!

I remember that name Marmaloof, that was years ago, Wasn't he Norwegian or something?

I predict that by 2030 we will have reached the singularity and computers will be smarter than humans and be able to teach themselves. This will not create some evil doomsday scenario but rather a very helpful one for human kind. Computers will then become smarter at an exponential rate and solve problems humans could not begin to even understand. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/11/2020 at 11:32 PM, CTM said:

I've been to a few. The only difference is less people, more masks and less inter group mingling that is partially enforced by security.

Did you need to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine? No? 

You will in the future. To attend not just concerts, but any mass gathering. Or public transport. Or just about any area where you'll be interacting with another human-being on a strictly non-digital, person-to-person basis. The risk of infection...is real. 

But more than that...

Just THINK...of ALL THE EXTRA TIME YOU COULD be spending.... on your phone/tablet/laptop/desktop...browsing amazon prime, and all the other cool stuff in amazon-land...if you simply reduced the number of your human, person to person interactions. If you simply...couldn't go out as often...or....didn't need to.

Why would you even WANT to go out???!!...when I can give you everything you need to be happy...at your doorstep, with the tap of a screen?

jeff-bezos.jpg

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I predict that by 2030 we will have reached the singularity and computers will be smarter than humans and be able to teach themselves. This will not create some evil doomsday scenario but rather a very helpful one for human kind. Computers will then become smarter at an exponential rate and solve problems humans could not begin to even understand

Interesting. Which problems?

20 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Did you need to show proof of a COVID-19 vaccine? No? 

You will in the future. To attend not just concerts, but any mass gathering. Or public transport. Or just about any area where you'll be interacting with another human-being on a strictly non-digital, person-to-person basis. The risk of infection...is real. 

But more than that...

Just THINK...of ALL THE EXTRA TIME YOU COULD be spending.... on your phone/tablet/laptop/desktop...browsing amazon prime, and all the other cool stuff in amazon-land...if you simply reduced the number of your human, person to person interactions. If you simply...couldn't go out as often...or....didn't need to.

Why would you even WANT to go out???!!...when I can give you everything you need to be happy...at your doorstep, with the tap of a screen?

jeff-bezos.jpg

Preaching to the choir dude..Im aware of Ticketmaster's plans for people having papers essentially and that they are not unique.

Amazon is the devil and the government is evil

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

Preaching to the choir dude..Im aware of Ticketmaster's plans for people having papers essentially and that they are not unique.

Amazon is the devil and the government is evil

Awwwwwwww, come on...you're so cynical.

what about this:

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Computers will then solve problems humans could not begin to even understand

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Global warming, cancer, space elevator, etc

Space elevator!!! It'll be like space mountain, at disney... but more realistic. 

You don't want that?