Is Gase taking too much heat from Jets fans?

GreekJet

49 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Right back at you SAR.... 0-2 is a real thing. You can try to rationalize it away if you like, but you can't. 6-2 teams don't just go 0-2 without exceptionally BAD coaching.

First off, I'm glad we're only 0-2.  Here I thought we were 0-3.  That's a relief.

And sure they can.  Injuries are a reality with this team both in the Bowles era and since Gase arrived.  With a healthy team, last year we go 10-6.  We were the most injured team in the league and went 7-9, the same 7-9 that all the experts had us when totally healthy.

We'll see how this plays out.  Some players are coming back Thursday, even more 10 days from then when we host Arizona.  The season isn't over.  It's just started.

SAR I

Much as gase is the head coach and does deserve much of the heat, it all starts with the oline play.  They are starting 4 new players and they haven’t had enough practice or playing. Add the injuries into the mix and it’s a huge problem. After oline it goes to the wrs. I’m sure there was hope that Perriman, being on a show me contract, would try harder to be on the field. And it is also sad that mims is out with injury. Funny that Berrios has a bad ham string but is playing and playing well. But it’s also unrealistic to think they can have a decent passing game with guys like hogan or Cager being the go to guys. It’s also a little disheartening to see guys like griffin and Herndon not doing well.  Going into the season, darnold had lots of places to throw the ball between the wrs, tes, and rbs.  Not so much at the moment.
At some point the players need to step up. Do they even want to be football players?  Sometimes it seems like they want to mail it in. If this is the case then there is a lot more house cleaning to do.

What we’re seeing is a batch of players that don’t want to play for him. Right or wrong that’s the deal. He does not motivate or inspire. He does not communicate or teach. During games he sits alone In silence while his QB is also sitting alone on the other side of the bench.
Who wants to try to break through that crap to try and understand his unnecessarily complex offense?
The players don’t understand what he’s trying to do and most likely don’t agree with his plan, as they understand it either.

He is the problem. Not the only problem but the biggest and most insurmountable problem.
It all started when he chose not to hire a QB coach and then added dowell loggains to be his OC. He was stating openly that HE and HE alone would mold Sam Darnold into a monster. Well, while Sam is crumbling before our eyes Gase is solemnly scribbling in a notebook alone on the bench... while the game is happening.
It’s atrocious and he is absolutely and unquestionably at the source of this epic failure of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

What we’re seeing is a batch of players that don’t want to play for him. Right or wrong that’s the deal. He does not motivate or inspire.

Motivate or inspire? What kind of deranged fantasy world are people living in where these boomer sports cliches ring any kind of true? It isn't ever anybody's job to make sure guys who get paid 3-5x as much feel like doing theirs.