Is Brooks Bollinger a scrub?

PeterNorth09

This thread is in response to the massive overating love-fest of Brooks Bollinger I see on this site. The guy just blows. His record is 2-7 as a starter, he has no arm, no size, and is turnover prone. At best he's a 3rd stringer. If he is #1 on the Jets depth chart next year I'm becoming a Giants fan.

This thread is in response to the massive overating love-fest of Brooks Bollinger I see on this site. The guy just blows. His record is 2-7 as a starter, he has no arm, no size, and is turnover prone. At best he's a 3rd stringer. If he is #1 on the Jets depth chart next year I'm becoming a Giants fan.

apparently a lot of people disagree with me but i think he's horrendous. one of the worst in the NFL. and anyone who thinks differently is either retarded or playing devil's advocate for ****s and giggles.

1128439001.jpg

There is only one poster who can claim Brooks is a good qb...that is Fred jetstone. Calling everyone out for his Bollinger diatribe is like blaming all americans for George W Bush....we all did NOT vote for that scrub..

LL

"bolly would do just as well, if the o-line is fixed. why spend money on another fa qb if you can use that money towards a center like bentley?"

"At the very least give Bolly a shot. Worse comes to worse, it doesn't work out and we get another high draft pick and, perhaps, snag Quinn."

"so manmy fans were critical of HASSELBECK too! He stared a SB this year! many fans were critical of KURT WARNER too! He won a SB. Not to mention DELHOMME! This is a team game. IMO BOLLY can run a team as a starter for several games and win! Even JOHNNY U was kicked out of PITTSBURGH before making it at Baltimore! Ya never know! "

"dude how does bollywood not get the shot? you take away the carolina game and he had 7 tds and 2 picks. God forbid he have a ****ty game in his 2nd start ever and only the 4th game with significant playing time. 72.9 isnt exactly lighting it up with the qb rating but remember Peyton had a 71.2 in his first season."

"there was a guy on the jets just like him, 3rd string, under coslet. name was jeff blake. he got cut, but managed to start for 3 other nfl teams."

See what I'm talking about?

"bolly would do just as well, if the o-line is fixed. why spend money on another fa qb if you can use that money towards a center like bentley?"

"At the very least give Bolly a shot. Worse comes to worse, it doesn't work out and we get another high draft pick and, perhaps, snag Quinn."

"so manmy fans were critical of HASSELBECK too! He stared a SB this year! many fans were critical of KURT WARNER too! He won a SB. Not to mention DELHOMME! This is a team game. IMO BOLLY can run a team as a starter for several games and win! Even JOHNNY U was kicked out of PITTSBURGH before making it at Baltimore! Ya never know! "

"dude how does bollywood not get the shot? you take away the carolina game and he had 7 tds and 2 picks. God forbid he have a ****ty game in his 2nd start ever and only the 4th game with significant playing time. 72.9 isnt exactly lighting it up with the qb rating but remember Peyton had a 71.2 in his first season."

"there was a guy on the jets just like him, 3rd string, under coslet. name was jeff blake. he got cut, but managed to start for 3 other nfl teams."

See what I'm talking about?

So from over 1,000 posters and multiple thousands of posts, you found five.

I don't think those two are really saying that he's anything great. Those two might have meant that it could be better if we we take the money that we would otherwise be using on a FA veteran QB, that wouldn't help us in the long run, and use it on another position that could.

Bollinger is no more of a scrub then DFat was worth two 1st's and a 4th.

He is the perfect back-up QB with several NFL starts and a cheap price tag.

Jets would be foolish not to keep him on the roster.

bollinger is far from the perfect back up qb...perfect scout team qb, sure, but in no way shape or form is he a "perfect back up qb"...and all the in game experience in the world doesnt change that fact...

I have seen a good number of posts trying to convince me and other fans that Brooks Bollinger is a good qb. That Bollinger just played behind a rotten offensive line with no running game and receivers. That he was just in a bad situation and that the Carolina game never happened.

My take on him is that we just don't know how good he 'can' be yet. The guy was under alot of pressure when he was in there and he's still a very young QB, no? He needs time to develop IMO, then we should have an accurate read on him. I would agree that from what he's shown so far, his future doesn't look too promising. I'm sure the CS and FO aren't banking on him to be the franchise QB. They're probably hoping he can develop into a servicable starter or backup at some point.

My take on him is that we just don't know how good he 'can' be yet. The guy was under alot of pressure when he was in there and he's still a very young QB, no? He needs time to develop IMO, then we should have an accurate read on him. I would agree that from what he's shown so far, his future doesn't look too promising. I'm sure the CS and FO aren't banking on him to be the franchise QB. They're probably hoping he can develop into a servicable starter or backup at some point.

Hey Stiller,

You think you'd have a different outlook on Bollinger if they asked him to throw 8 passes a game like the Steelers do with Big Ben?;)

Dude i have no idea what a good QB is. I can tell ya that Big Ben must be a good QB or we wouldn't have made it as far as we did. But.......... i consider myself an expert on crappy QB's as thats all i've seen for 26 years leading up to th Ben era. :lol::cheers:

Here's why you have a very good (not great yet) QB:

1). Does not make stupid mistakes.

2). Always makes big plays at big times (he has been uncanny at doing that for 2 years).

3). Never tries to do more then he is capable of doing.

Give me a QB with those traits, and you will always win more games then you lose.

I'm a huge Roethlisberger fan.

Bollinger is no more of a scrub then DFat was worth two 1st's and a 4th.

He is the perfect back-up QB with several NFL starts and a cheap price tag.

Jets would be foolish not to keep him on the roster.

i'm amused to see that a pats fan recognizes what a bunch of jet fans fail to see. maybe that's why your team won 3 trophys while dumbway and hermy gravy-trained tuna's guys until they were exposed as frauds.

i'm amused to see that a pats fan recognizes what a bunch of jet fans fail to see. maybe that's why your team won 3 trophys while dumbway and hermy gravy-trained tuna's guys until they were exposed as frauds.
What does the opinion of one Pats fan have to do with how the Patriots' and Jets' front offices conduct their business? :confused:

This is the same twisted logic I was confused about in that Yankees thread in the Baseball forum.

Archived