Who Is Trevor Lawrence?

Tedryno

On 12/20/2020 at 7:12 PM, Tedryno said:

Really really blind to think that Trevor Lawrence would choose the “bright lights of NYC” over Jacksonville, Florida.  What a joke.

My only questionaboutJaxonville/NY was REALLY, why would he prefer it from mostly a professional standpoint and secondarily for any otherreason.

@jgb pointed out that he had a preference for South  played HS ball in Georgia and that he mentioned it in a vid. And I also stated that I would never be one to use the above reasons why someone whould choose NY.

( Is it a left over idea from a certain QB who really loved NYC who they called Broadway Joe?)

Also, Sam is from friggin San Clemente and said he loved living there. Could be pr BS, but maybe it aint so bad either.

image.jpeg.d9a13562a503d4225db71338dc4746fc.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

My only questionaboutJaxonville/NY was REALLY, why would he prefer it from mostly a professional standpoint and secondarily for any  ? other reason.  ?

..  $   ?

...florida does NOT have a STATE income tax  ?

On 12/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, southtown24th said:

These are GREAT points.

You need to look at all claims from 360 degrees.

This kid IS a  Jacksonville Jaguar--plain and simple.

This kid is NOT a NY Jet.

Wrap your mind around it because it's now a reality.

Good points.

Reality is that he is a college football player for the Clemson Tigers.

The consesus #1 pick if he comes out as he has indicated he will do.

It will be Jax or us, depending on the results of the next 2 weeks. shrug.

Maybe he will do a hair thing with Minshew during the preseason if he becomes a Jag. see 2nd gif

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

sorry if I am dense...  what am I supposed to understand? That there were alotta haters in Georgia where he played HS ball?

dear Lter, Hi !  ?.. Happy Holidays ! !  ?

if i may, he took ALOT of heat for not going to the univ. of ga.  imho, he made the right decision & went to clemson. better coach / program / roster.  i attended 3 of his HS games. yes, i could clearly see he was a tremendous talent. i wish him ALL the very best. i still hope he'll be with us ( the jets ).

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

On 12/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, predator_05 said:

People living in the suburbs work and move in NYC. Its the same type of people everywhere. He's not gonna have that 'southern family feel' or whatever he's used to (i hope i don't sound stereotypical). 

Eli was groomed for the big stage by his dad, he had pro football in his bloodline. And all this, before the hyper-visible scrutiny of social media. 

I've lived in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut all my life - in the suburbs (Long Island, Fairfield County, Morris County) and never worked a single day in NYC in my almost 40 years of work. So your statement is not true.  Many of the suburbs out in NW NJ where the Jets practice are semi-rural.  It is not densely populated at all.  

On 12/21/2020 at 8:41 AM, nyjunc said:

Lawrence grew up less than an hour from Atlanta.  He wasn't in the backwoods of North Dakota.  It's basically like someone around here growing up on long Island, Westchester or Northern NJ

Not even close. I grew up less than an hour from NYC and it wasn't anything like Westchester, LI , or Northern NJ. (NW NJ, Greenwood Lake, Vernon Valley area maybe)

33 minutes ago, kelly said:

dear Lter, Hi !  ?.. Happy Holidays ! !  ?

if i may, he took ALOT of heat for not going to the univ. of ga.  imho, he made the right decision & went to clemson. better coach / program / roster.  i attended 3 of his HS games. yes, i could clearly see he was a tremendous talent. i wish him ALL the very best. i still hope he'll be with us ( the jets ).

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

hey Kelly!! Hope ur stayn safe/sane these crazy days.

thanks for the clarification. So some Georgians were bein nasty cos he chose Clemson? ha! didnt know that.

Cool that you saw him in HS!

take it easy and enjoy your Holidays.

Season aint over, who knows what'll happen?? NO ONE thought we'd possibly beat LA, so....