Jets have no identity!

Jetster

I can’t think of another time or team that has ever been in a position to have bookend tackles that could be as dominant as Sewell & Becton? 
75% of this new NFL is based on converting 3rd & under 5. 
Gase actually talked about it as striving to make those conversions almost automatic with plays you can do in your sleep. 
3rd & short with Zeke when Dallas Oline was at its peak seemed almost automatic. 
That helps your defense which was really true for Dallas defense because they were always top 5 on offensive TOP. 
It would certainly be unusual & make an interesting conversation & IDENTITY that the Jets haven’t had since the Sack Exchange. Having 18 more picks in the next 2 years including 3 more number #1s, and 100 million in cap dollars is plenty to build from there..

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's an interesting idea.  We would be the one team that would absolutely beat the living daylights out of our opponents' D-line. 

Unless Joe D is smitten with one of these other QBs, is it worth it to trade down when we can get a 2nd franchise tackle and try something that (I think) no other NFL team has?  Maybe we can draft the top center (if he's worthy of it) with the Seattle pick and then sign a guard. 

We could just wear teams down and play keep-away from the great offenses in the league. To be honest, I love smash-mouth football and would love to see it return. 

On top of this, I think if we can bring in someone competent to work with Sam, he can probably develop a lot better without as much pressure on him,  both literally (pass rush) and figuratively (living up to being taken #3 overall).

No one beats KC because they punt the ball back to them. Mahomes is going to be in the AFC for a long time, you beat him by having take a seat for long periods of time to keep from getting into a rhythm. Just like Brady in his prime. Watching from the sideline let's their sweat dry.