Jets defense exposed Baker

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Again, I'm not asking him to excel. I'm asking him to tread water and show improvement. He has done the opposite. You can't massively regress in the 3rd year of your rookie deal and expect to be back for year 4. 

And if you are going to regress in year 3, you better make sure your team wins enough games to prevent them from drafting your replacement. Sam couldn't do that. Sorry. 

Agree to disagree I guess 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Pardon me, I just looked it up. They played in 4 games. I was hoping Mims would be a #1 WR but I doubt he is. The guy leaves a lot to be desired. Might turn into a good possession #2 but that 50/50 ball he let Ward beat him on changed my mind on him and he doesn't get open nearly enough

Mims will look a lot better when the league-worst QB isn’t throwing him the ball. I slammed the Perriman pickup (he has hands of stone, was my quote) and was butt fumbled into oblivion. See, these supporting cast arguments lead to a rabbit hole to nowhere.

FQBs make their own wepoinz, not the other way around.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Mims will look a lot better when the league-worst QB isn’t throwing him the ball. I slammed the Perriman pickup (he has hands of stone, was my quote) and was butt fumbled into oblivion. See, these supporting cast arguments lead to a rabbit hole to nowhere.

FQBs make their own wepoinz, not the other way around.

My point is I don't see Mims getti g open consistently and he has not made enough of an effort in some cases to get into the EZ

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

My point is I don't see Mims getti g open consistently and he has not made enough of an effort in some cases to get into the EZ

So unfair to judge him without an all pro QB and OL! I need at least two more years to evaluate lol.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

So unfair to judge him without an all pro QB and OL! I need at least two more years to evaluate lol.

Seriously, what was the point of that? Are you eluding to Sam having trash to play with for 3 years. Mims looks soft. Sam is not a good QB but that shouldn't make your WR play like a wuss. 

17 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, what was the point of that? Are you eluding to Sam having trash to play with for 3 years. Mims looks soft. Sam is not a good QB but that shouldn't make your WR play like a wuss. 

Darnold bros can’t even countenance the tiniest joke about his situation. Extremely telling.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Im fine. I don't think I have taken this team seriously all year. 

Happy Holidays and all that. 

Yeah, gotta embrace the absurdity at this point. If you ain’t laughing as a Jets fan, you just don’t get the punchline. SOJ. 4EVA.

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I am curious, do you think if we keep Darnold, Draft on OL at Pick 2 that is as good as Becton, draft a WR with our 2nd pick in the first round, followed by a RB/TE with our first pick in round 2, does Darnold have the ability/intelligence to learn how to be a top 10 QB with all these additional weapons?

When I listen to Romo discuss plays before they happen, as an ex QB, it is clear he has the intelligence that I would desire in our QB to read the entire field prior to the snap.

I am not sure Darnold has displayed this ability in the past 3 years,  3 long years. I wish he did, we would be in a phenomenal position. We finally would have the ability to turn this ship around. 

Is there a way that he can learn this between now and preseason game #1 of 2021??

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Seibelt said:

I am curious, do you think if we keep Darnold, Draft on OL at Pick 2 that is as good as Becton, draft a WR with our 2nd pick in the first round, followed by a RB/TE with our first pick in round 2, does Darnold have the ability/intelligence to learn how to be a top 10 QB with all these additional weapons?

When I listen to Romo discuss plays before they happen, as an ex QB, it is clear he has the intelligence that I would desire in our QB to read the entire field prior to the snap.

I am not sure Darnold has displayed this ability in the past 3 years,  3 long years. I wish he did, we would be in a phenomenal position. We finally would have the ability to turn this ship around. 

Is there a way that he can learn this between now and preseason game #1 of 2021??

As far as the 2nd pick, my preference is actually to trade down and take an OL later in the draft and a DB after that if there is still a good one left. If we go O with both picks, I would actually go OL again. Fix this freaking OL and be done with it. We can grab a RB or WR in the second round. 

As far as Sam, I have no idea if he  becomes a better QB with weapons or not. A lot will depend on the HC. I don't think Fields or Wilson are ready to be NFL QB's. If we draft one and keep Sam and Sam poops the bed, the chants for the new guy to come in will be deafening and we probably damage another prospect. Over all I would like to see the Jets trade Sam and take a QB in 22, and just sign Cam after the Pats cut him. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

As far as the 2nd pick, my preference is actually to trade down and take an OL later in the draft and a DB after that if there is still a good one left. If we go O with both picks, I would actually go OL again. Fix this freaking OL and be done with it. We can grab a RB or WR in the second round. 

As far as Sam, I have no idea if he  becomes a better QB with weapons or not. A lot will depend on the HC. I don't think Fields or Wilson are ready to be NFL QB's. If we draft one and keep Sam and Sam poops the bed, the chants for the new guy to come in will be deafening and we probably damage another prospect. Over all I would like to see the Jets trade Sam and take a QB in 22, and just sign Cam after the Pats cut him. 

If you are willing to sign Cam, why not sign Stafford?