TL is not a big game QB

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Mark Sanchez take the snap and turned the wrong way to handoff the ball and the back runs right past him. If he turns the right way, the handoff is successfully executed and Sanchez is nowhere near Moore. Instead Sanchez panics and plants his face in Moores butt. 

It was a busted play, it happens.  Mark realizes this, in an instant runs straight down the hashmarks following Nick Mangold who has blown back his assignment perfectly, Vince Wilfork sees this, hurls The Coward Brandon Moore right into Sanchez causing the comedy that ensues.

This doesn't matter anyway.  We weren't going to win that game.  That was an awful roster, the 2012 Jets were an offensive joke and it had nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.

What matters is what Mark Sanchez looked like when the team around him was strong.  He looked great in 2009 and especially 2010.  We didn't build around him because idiot Jets fans cried and the Johnson's listened.  10 years of sh*tty quarterback play not even close to Sanchez' level hopefully taught them a lesson.  You guys, you never learn.

SAR I

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure but some of you guys are acting like he showed up and was just awful.  He threw for multiple TD's and 400 yards.

True, but he also looked lost in the pocket and put the ball on the ground a few times, at least one was lost. Threw off his back foot a few times and gave it away once I believe while at least one other int was dropped. One has to wonder if he's really that good, as people have made him out to be, or simply fortunate enough to be on the superior team most of the time. He wasn't impressive last night and looked like ass, being college football I'm not surprised he put up 400 yards when Fields was scoring at will and giving the ball back to Clemson regularly without using up much time.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It was a busted play, it happens.  Mark realizes this, in an instant runs straight down the hashmarks following Nick Mangold who has blown back his assignment perfectly, Vince Wilfork sees this, hurls The Coward Brandon Moore right into Sanchez causing the comedy that ensues.

This doesn't matter anyway.  We weren't going to win that game.  That was an awful roster, the 2012 Jets were an offensive joke and it had nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.

What matters is what Mark Sanchez looked like when the team around him was strong.  He looked great in 2009 and especially 2010.  We didn't build around him because idiot Jets fans cried and the Johnson's listened.  10 years of sh*tty quarterback play not even close to Sanchez' level hopefully taught them a lesson.  You guys, you never learn.

SAR I

Regardless, the play busted because of Sanchez therefore  it's  his fault.

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Vince Wilfork sees this, hurls The Coward Brandon Moore right into Sanchez causing the comedy that ensues.

I still see Sanchez running like a chicken with his head cut off running into Moore as opposed to wilfork manhandling Moore as some say. He literally runs into Moore because he is lost. Moore maybe took half a step back on that play. Far from the reported Wilfork manhandled Moore and purposely threw him into Mark's path. Moore falls onto Mark because Mark took out his legs.

season york GIFGIF by SB Nationmark sanchez fumble GIF GIF by SB Nation

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I still see Sanchez running like a chicken with his head cut off running into Moore as opposed to wilfork manhandling Moore as some say. He literally runs into Moore because he is lost. Moore maybe took half a step back on that play. Far from the reported Wilfork manhandled Moore and purposely threw him into Mark's path. Moore falls onto Mark because Mark took out his legs.

mark sanchez fumble GIF 

Look at the gif I left above.

Moore's left leg is a foot off the ground and Moore's right leg is coming up (watch the knee) before Mark touches him.

Watch Moore's left leg 3x in that gif.  Then watch Moore's right leg 3x in that gif.  He was tossed like a rag doll.  Look at his hips.  He is being thrust up in the air.

Then look at Mangold do his job, he and the Patriot are practically out of the frame.  If not for Moore's poor technique, Mark would have run straight up the middle behind Mangold for a first down, he would have been into the LB's or S's at that point.

SAR I

1 hour ago, lattyshakespear said:

And we'll all regret it when Sam goes to the probowl and playoffs for another team.

It's always the same here, everyone was drooling over Lawrence until the Jags won the first pick, now those same people are saying Fields is the best of the two. 

A smart GM would ignore the fans and build around Darnold. I guarantee he ends his career with more success than Tua, Allen, Fields or Lawrence.

lol

Welcome Back, That didn't last long.  :) 

37 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We had a great run game and a top 3 O-line we gave him and he still put up 12 TDs to 20 INTs in a season that he was supposedly great. He was a bottom 5 QB statistically every year even with our stout front.

He was decent in the playoffs but was our weak link during the season. Just look at the tail end of 2011, losing our spot in the playoffs to a Dolphins team that was sucking for Luck a few weeks prior.

7 minutes ago, Grandy said:

We had a great run game and a top 3 O-line we gave him and he still put up 12 TDs to 20 INTs in a season that he was supposedly great. He was a bottom 5 QB statistically every year even with our stout front.

He was decent in the playoffs but was our weak link during the season. Just look at the tail end of 2011, losing our spot in the playoffs to a Dolphins team that was sucking for Luck a few weeks prior.

He was our quarterback when we went on a record run winning 16 of 20 games, getting 2 playoff berths, winning 4 playoff games, and being the best Jet on the field in consecutive AFC Championship Games.

Mark Sanchez was never thought to be the next Peyton Manning, not some generational prospect.  He was a cheap game manager, rookie deal so we could spend money elsewhere, a guy needed to do just enough so that our rushing attack could do its job.  And he took some big steps in 2010, he led 5 great comebacks in the regular season to turn 6-10 into 11-5. 

When Rex's defense started to suck and his rushing game couldn't move the ball, Sporano asked Sanchez to throw the ball 40 times a game to Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates and we started to lose.  Shocker.  Mark was the right quarterback for the team Rex Ryan said we were going to have-  Ground & Pound offense, 85 Bears defense.  And he didn't deliver either in 2012 and that was the end of that.  It wasn't the quarterback who failed.  It was the head coach and all his expensive defenders that didn't want to work very hard after Victor Cruz went 99 yards in December 2011.

SAR I