JN Musicians Thread

On 1/2/2021 at 11:40 AM, SoFlaJets said:

you got something you wanna share with the group we can use this thread. Here's one I just re-discovered this morning it's a Gregg Allman song called "Come And Go Blues" 

Nice job. Great tune and very very difficult.

you played the greg allman version

11 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Nice job. Great tune and very very difficult.

you played the greg allman version

Yes, it's in open 'G' tuning, which is something that unless you have a whole road crew as well as a guitar tech to work for you and a lot of  extra room for guitars and big clunky cases most of us aren't able to stay up on the nuanced guitar techniques that are afforded by playing in open tunings. Do you have any videos to share HighPitch?

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, southparkcpa said:

This was me a few months ago fukking around on a Croce tune.  Wearing a Jets shirt as we were undefeated at the time ?

Really great guy, that's one good thing about the Jets having sucked the big ones over the past decade or so, we've all been able to work on other things that we love. I started doing a lot of studio work instead of wasting my time watching the Jets on Sundays or Monday nights and then reading about them all week and listening to radio station feeds. Now that I'm caught up I'm ready for a good super bowl winning season in 2021/22

58 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Really great guy, that's one good thing about the Jets having sucked the big ones over the past decade or so, we've all been able to work on other things that we love. I started doing a lot of studio work instead of wasting my time watching the Jets on Sundays or Monday nights and then reading about them all week and listening to radio station feeds. Now that I'm caught up I'm ready for a good super bowl winning season in 2021/22

im not really a guitar player, I majored in music on string bass in the 80's  but bought a Taylor 25 years ago.  What do you play?

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

My latest

Now you have me as a fan.  A favorite song from one of my beloved bands, Uriah Heep.  Also shows the genius of the recently-departed Ken Hensley, who was one of my rock idols from the 70s.

Well done, Sofla.  You have captured the magic of that tune.  Wish I could have added my acoustic to your version.  Kudos.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Now you have me as a fan.  A favorite song from one of my beloved bands, Uriah Heep.  Also shows the genius of the recently-departed Ken Hensley, who was one of my rock idols from the 70s.

Well done, Sofla.  You have captured the magic of that tune.  Wish I could have added my acoustic to your version.  Kudos.

throw on a pair of headphones and record a separate track and I'll add it on to the mix, you can do it if you have Garage Band and then simply send an MP3 through email to zeek10455@gmail

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

throw on a pair of headphones and record a separate track and I'll add it on to the mix, you can do it if you have Garage Band and then simply send an MP3 through email to zeek10455@gmail

Thanks for the offer.  Would not dream of changing, or adding, a thing to your fine musicianship.  Keep rockin', SoFla.

• 3 months later...