Morgan Moses

In the grand scheme of things, I think the Jets are better off letting Crowder roam greener pastures and play with a veteran QB who can help him get his next contract, saving the cap space and using that for Moses, and than keeping Crowder.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

In the grand scheme of things, I think the Jets are better off letting Crowder roam greener pastures and play with a veteran QB who can help him get his next contract, saving the cap space and using that for Moses, and than keeping Crowder.  

If we gove up Crowder, lose the only reliable receiver we have. Davis is good but i doubt anyone would call him reliable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, varjet said:

Is Crowder's salary the reason the Jets can't sign Moses?  If so I would prefer to just restructure/extend Crowder than outright cut or look to trade him.  

Since the Jets currently have the 3rd most cap space in the league (and yes, I'm aware we still need to sign a lot of rookies), I can't imagine it's an "either/or" situation between Crowder and Moses.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, choon328 said:

This move would be 100% insurance for Becton. Moses would pay RT and Fant would move over to LT. Moses has never played another position besides RT and Fant has experience at LT. I'm not sure where all of those Moses to RG nonsense is coming from. He has zero experience there and this isn't Madden, you can't just slide guys over and assume it'll work

Perhaps so, but OT has always been the harder position than G to play.  Many guys who have played T before have been able to kick inside without much of a problem.  Especially RT's, where run blocking is of course a huge part of their job.  

I'm sure he'd be capable of doing the job, and probably doing so better than the current group of RG's on the roster.

20 hours ago, varjet said:

The greenest pasture for Crowder is the one he's in right now, where he's currently due to get paid up to $11.4M this season, easily more than any slot receiver in the NFL and more than all but 13 WRs in the league (DeAndre Hopkins, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Julio Jones, Keenan Allen, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Allen Robinson, Odell Beckham, Amari Cooper, Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker, Robby Anderson).  Thank Mike Maccagnan for that.

His pasture will remain greener here by taking a pay cut/restructuring/extending, because he still won't make more on the open market.  He may well get to play with a veteran QB if he asks to be cut, but it'll be at a much lower salary.  

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, varjet said:

I simply can't grasp why anyone would want to get rid of a solid WR when we are trying to develop a highly regarded QB prospect. We have a known commodity in Crowder. Getting rid of quality receivers is how you regress a QBs development.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I simply can't grasp why anyone would want to get rid of a solid WR when we are trying to develop a highly regarded QB prospect. We have a known commodity in Crowder. Getting rid of quality receivers is how you regress a QBs development.

You don’t even need to get into this level if it though, the folly is suggesting we can only have one if Crowder or Moses.

Just Patriots the salary cap. It’ll be fine.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, choon328 said:

This move would be 100% insurance for Becton. Moses would pay RT and Fant would move over to LT. Moses has never played another position besides RT and Fant has experience at LT. I'm not sure where all of those Moses to RG nonsense is coming from. He has zero experience there and this isn't Madden, you can't just slide guys over and assume it'll work

I assume AVT might get a look at LT if Becton misses real time. We traded up for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Is Crowder's salary the reason the Jets can't sign Moses?  If so I would prefer to just restructure/extend Crowder than outright cut or look to trade him.  

Since the Jets currently have the 3rd most cap space in the league (and yes, I'm aware we still need to sign a lot of rookies), I can't imagine it's an "either/or" situation between Crowder and Moses.

BINGO

• Upvote 1