Where do you folks get tickets?

Mods, feel free to move this one around.

My father and I have never been to a game together, so I’m taking him to opening day in Charlotte. I’m just not sure where the best place to get tickets is. I’ve checked on Stub Hub and ticket master, but I thought I’d check to see if you all had any other ideas. 

On 8/24/2021 at 3:32 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

If only you had some sort of device that allowed you to search for sites that sold sports tickets. 

Oh, I’m sorry, did I waste your pwecious widdle time on a thread you didn't have to reply to?  wtf is it with little bitches on forum?

i was looking for recos from real people who do this on the regular. Feel free to scroll on past. 

• Upvote 2

TicketMaster is the only place I buy tickets for anything. 
I always look there but it seems to me there are a lot more 'I'll sell if I get my price' users on there - seems to be much less fluctuation as the event gets closer than StubHub. Is that your experience?

34 minutes ago, isired said:
22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
TicketMaster is the only place I buy tickets for anything. 

I always look there but it seems to me there are a lot more 'I'll sell if I get my price' users on there - seems to be much less fluctuation as the event gets closer than StubHub. Is that your experience?

I've never sold any tickets only buy on TicketMaster. 

Why not try selling them to another NY Jets fan in the ticket section here. 

I'm talking about buying. On TM most of the time don't seem to drop in price like they do on SH as it gets closer to game day - at least for 'normal' regular season games.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I ended up using Ticketmaster and holy cow those fees are outrageous. 
I think for opening day you just have to bite the bullet.

When I gave up my season tix with the move to the new stadium (didn't want to sit in the corners or upper bowl, didn't want to pay $40k+ in PSLs and can't go to 8 games anymore anyway) I figured it would be break even at worst to buy on the secondary market, mostly way under face and every now and then I'd take a hit for big games or playoffs etc. Unfortunately, the way the Jets have been playing, I'm way ahead of the game. Still hoping to have to drop a few hundred for playoffs.
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, the Claw said:

Oh, I’m sorry, did I waste your pwecious widdle time on a thread you didn't have to reply to?  wtf is it with little bitches on forum?

i was looking for recos from real people who do this on the regular. Feel free to scroll on past. 

No need to scratch my eyes out, Mr Claw. 

On 8/23/2021 at 9:18 PM, the Claw said:

Mods, feel free to move this one around.

My father and I have never been to a game together, so I’m taking him to opening day in Charlotte. I’m just not sure where the best place to get tickets is. I’ve checked on Stub Hub and ticket master, but I thought I’d check to see if you all had any other ideas. 

Jetsfanscharlotte.com Check out our local club.   Saturday night rally party and tailgate Sunday morning.  

• Upvote 1

Where do you folks get tickets?

I got my fair share of moving violations in my younger days out in Nassau and Suffolk County.  NYPD at least in Queens, couldn't be bothered with such nonsense.  Cops on LI were not particularly kind to youthful repeat offenders.  Nor should they have been.  Then I grew up, and moved away from that place.  But I digress.  I once actually got a ticket when I was picking up a pair of Jets tickets from a guy.  Moral of the story: Don't buy Jets tickets from that guy and don't get a ticket when you are buying a ticket if you know what I mean. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:56 AM, isired said:
On 8/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, joewilly12 said:

I'm talking about buying. On TM most of the time don't seem to drop in price like they do on SH as it gets closer to game day - at least for 'normal' regular season games.

Ticketmaster is the worst.  Had to eat $400+ tickets for Moron 5 because they moved the date up and TM wouldn't sell my tickets below $178 a piece.  Then Moron 5 was also selling Covid tests for $39.99 a pop.  Never will buy tickets for live event until the pandemic is over.