Mawae to the Patriots ???

kukirojas

Dan Koppen is a pretty good center, although he is coming off of an injury. I don't see Mawae as very versatile (playing other positions on the line) so I would be surprised but not shocked if he went to NE...

Dan Koppen is a pretty good center, although he is coming off of an injury. I don't see Mawae as very versatile (playing other positions on the line) so I would be surprised but not shocked if he went to NE...

I think Koppen has the versatility to slide to Guard if need be.

You know what is kind of crazy...... If Kevin Mawae had stayed here. He would have been content with himself. Not to say that he wouldn't have played well. Just that he'd be comfortable.

I think that The Jets releasing him, has lit a fire underneath Mawae and he's going to come out guns blazing with something to prove in 2006.

The Pats signing Mawae?..... Anything is possible. Kevin is more accomplished and talented than any of The Pats lineman and New England does give Mawae the best chance of winning a superbowl... Don't listen to the people who think that The Pats are going to go away now.... Depends what kind of money, Kevin wants and what New England wants to give up. The Pats usually don't make large investments in older players.

Kevin's still a good player and potential hall of famer. Still a top tier center. The Jets just didn't want him around moving forward. The Jets are trying to build a championship team,. The Pats already are one. There's nothing to disrupt there.

I think Koppen has the versatility to slide to Guard if need be.

Husker,

Mawae's shotgun snaps are the equivalent of a PennyBoy deep out pass (they flutter like a wounded duck, take forever to get there and are highly inaccurate).

No way Mawae can play center when the Pats operate from the shotgun 70%of the time.

Husker,

Mawae's shotgun snaps are the equivalent of a PennyBoy deep out pass (they flutter like a wounded duck, take forever to get there and are highly inaccurate).

I agree with Tex here-maybe the reasons we released him was

A;that the Jets know something we don't about his injury or

B;that maybe we plan on using the shotgun and Mawae ain't too good at it

Husker,

No way Mawae can play center when the Pats operate from the shotgun 70%of the time.

How can a multiple pro bowl center not know how to shotgun snap? :confused:

Anybody know how long We gotta kiss his ass? I mean does it stop when he signs with a new team? Does it stop when he opens his mouth and blasts the Jets organization?

Just curious when I can stop kissing up to this guy.

The KC game last year was friggn' hilarious.

Of PennyBoy's 7 charged fumbles, at least 4 were Mawae's fault because of poor snaps.

Holy crap, did I just defend PennyBoyWonder?:eek:

Dear Tx....

You have offically run that phrase into the ground. For the love of everything holy....get a new one. Choose someone else to pick on.

Bills | Mawae's agent has held talks with team

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:38:35 -0800

WGR550.com reports sources have confirmed that the Buffalo Bills and free agent C Kevin Mawae's (Jets) agent, Mark Bartelstein, have held discussions. No date has been set for Mawae to visit, but he is expected to visit soon.

Bills | Mawae's agent has held talks with team

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:38:35 -0800

WGR550.com reports sources have confirmed that the Buffalo Bills and free agent C Kevin Mawae's (Jets) agent, Mark Bartelstein, have held discussions. No date has been set for Mawae to visit, but he is expected to visit soon.

Rather see him end up there than with the DOLFAGS,anywhere but Maihami,death to all DOLFAGS!!!!!homos

Let's see... He's visited the Dolphins, Patriots and now the Bills?

Looks like Kevin has revenge on his mind.

I foresee Debust with two blown up knees....oh wait, he already has two blown up knees, carry on.

Saints | Team interested in Mawae

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:36:32 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the New Orleans Saints are interested in free agent OC Kevin Mawae (Jets), according to agent Mark Bartelstein. However, no visit has been setup with the Saints.

He will play for anybody who will pay his ass. That SB condender talk is just to sooth his ego.

Exactly, he doesn't give a rats about whether the team he goes to is a contender. Qualities he is clearly looking for in his new team as follows:

(1) team must ignore the fact that he is 35 and coming off a serious injury (for an OL) yet must still be willing to pay for "a pro bowl center" which means serious coin;

(2) team must face the Jets at least twice a year.

That pretty much sums up what he's really looking for.

Archived