NOW WE HAVE RAMSEY,SO WHO AT 4th?

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Don't forget the Jets a week ago were showing interest in Shaffer...

Jets | Team interested in Shaffer

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:56:22 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports a source said the New York Jets are interested in Atlanta Falcons OT Kevin Shaffer, when he becomes and unrestricted free agent. "That strongly leads me to believe that the Jets are going to go after a quarterback with their first-round draft pick," the source said. "If they want (Shaffer) that badly, then why would they draft (Virginia) OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who's the best tackle in the draft?"

Don't forget the Jets a week ago were showing interest in Shaffer...

Jets | Team interested in Shaffer

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 05:56:22 -0800

Mark Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports a source said the New York Jets are interested in Atlanta Falcons OT Kevin Shaffer, when he becomes and unrestricted free agent. "That strongly leads me to believe that the Jets are going to go after a quarterback with their first-round draft pick," the source said. "If they want (Shaffer) that badly, then why would they draft (Virginia) OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson, who's the best tackle in the draft?"

We can easily fix the offensive line in free agency and rounds 2-6 of the draft. There are plenty of good OT free agents and prospects in this draft.

Trade down if we still can. Now that we have Ramsey it will be hard to convince other teams we're drafting Young or Cutler as trade bait.

If we don't trade down, either Lendale White or Mario Williams.

I LIKE WHITE HIS A BIG BRUISER WE NEED SOMEONE LIKE THAT IN THE BACK FIELD,I LIKE MARIO TOO BUT HIS SIZE IS SUSPECT

if they are OK with Ramsey starting they need to either trade up for Reggie Bush...or trade down a few spots and draft a RB ...

the Jets have ZERO playmakers on offense...they need to get some.

Agree 100%. You still have to score more points than the other team and I don't know how you guys expect Chad and Patrick to succeed next year when they have no one good to hand off to and Coles is our only receiver.

You take the Ferguson at #4 or you trade down and try to get some more picks.

Ferguson would be a great start to rebuilding the offensive line in my opinion.

You don't have to be flashy just efficient on offense to win. Right now the Jets have a long way to go to get to that point and Ferguson would be a step in the right direction.

You take the Ferguson at #4 or you trade down and try to get some more picks.

Ferguson would be a great start to rebuilding the offensive line in my opinion.

You don't have to be flashy just efficient on offense to win. Right now the Jets have a long way to go to get to that point and Ferguson would be a step in the right direction.

I agree. Build the line first. The best back in the world is useless if there are no holes for him to run through.

I personally think you can sign an OT and maybe trade for a Center or draft one in a trade down..

the jets need playmakers..

coles is the only player that a defense MAYBE has to think about...

JMAC..average at best

CUMAR..old..

thats it!

I personally think you can sign an OT and maybe trade for a Center or draft one in a trade down..

the jets need playmakers..

coles is the only player that a defense MAYBE has to think about...

JMAC..average at best

CUMAR..old..

thats it!

Yeah... but besides QB, are there any "playmakers" that are that high ranking in this draft? Not really. I mean, there's Vernon Davis, but why on earth would you waste a top four pick on a tight end? And Reggie Bush isn't going to drop.

Odds are better to pick up a WR in free agency. There's a few out there, and they might not be that expensive.

I still think we are drafting a QB. I look at it this way-Chad is a necessary evil. He is only still on the roster because restructuring him was the only affordable way we could deal with his contract. Had it been cheaper to cut him outright I think that is what we would have done. I just don't think he is going to ba able to play football at an NFL caliber level again given 2 rotator cuff tears, and I think that management probably feels the same way. Ramsey is an enigma. He brings at least a chance of possibly reaching his potential at a low cost. If he busts then he busts, not much skin off our backs. A guy like Kitna or Collins gives you no chance of improvement over what we already know they can do. They are older stopgap solutions, and I think Tannenbaum and Mangini wanted to at least bring in a vet that had a potential of becoming a good QB, hence Ramsey. If we follow this up by drafting a QB, say Cutler or Young, we then have 2 guys that have the POTENTIAL to become our future leader at QB. By not drafting a QB, we are basically putting all of our eggs in Ramsey which I think is a bit too risky. Ramsey and a drafted QB at 4 would hopefully put us in a situation similar to what SD is going through now with Rivers and Brees.

I think in the end we will look to pick up an OT in FA, draft a QB at 4, and probably draft D with whatever pick we receive for Abraham.

Archived