Anyone else terrified of 3rd and long?

JohnnyLV

For the last 3 years maybe 4 we have to be the worst team in NFL history on 3rd and long.

Whenever we are in 3rd and 10+ it seems like the opposing team converts like 60% of the time.

It's just ridiculous,

3rd and 4 I think we have a good chance.

3rd and 10+ you just know they are going to convert.

And if they don't the refs will call roughing the passer or holding or PI to just make sure the drive continues.

It completely drives me nuts.

I hate that feeling in my gut that everytime we should be 90%+ to get off the field our defense fails spectacularly.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

For the last 3 years maybe 4 we have to be the worst team in NFL history on 3rd and long.

Whenever we are in 3rd and 10+ it seems like the opposing team converts like 60% of the time.

It's just ridiculous,

And if they don't the refs will call roughing the passer or holding or PI to just make sure the drive continues.

I hate that feeling in my gut that everytime we should be 90%+ to get off the field our defense fails spectacularly.

I agree, feels like 3rd and 4 is easier to stop than 3 and 10+....

That front 4 is a lot of hype.  This defense is reliant of pressure from the front 4.  This week we didn't get it.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

It's just ridiculous,

Yup. It began under Rex and has been a consistent problem since. It’s bizarre at this point.

Downs im scared by with the Jets

Offense 

1st and 10

2nd and anything

3rd and anything

Defense

1st and 10

2nd and whatever

3rd and whatever

PS 3rd and Long on D is almost a lock that opposing offense will convert. So I support OP I rather have 3rd and 4. Thats Jets fandom in a nutshell

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

3 or 4 years? we have to be the worst team in NFL history on 3rd and long.

It's just ridiculous,

Last 3 or 4 years?  This has been happening to us since parcells left.  Over 20 years we have been awful on 3rd and long.