Zach Wilson is awful

Snell41

What would Belichick do if Mac Jones did that? Heres a hint. Cam wouldnt have been cut if he was doing that in pre season. Cam would be starting. This is my point. These coaches cant coach.

The coaches were emasculated from doing anything about it because Douglas took away any chance of a viable alternative. Now that Flacco is here Zach should not start another game unless Flacco is hurt or we’re mathematically eliminated from the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I thought we should’ve kept Darnold for one more year and then evaluated drafting a QB next year or not after losing out in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  We could’ve done so much more with that No. 2 pick.  But the specter of Gase will continue to haunt us.  

Zach was never going to be successful given the situation he came into.  He didn’t come from an NFL ready program.  At best he should’ve sat a year behind a vet like Foles (ex: Alex Smith/Mahomes). He didn’t get that either.  Throw in a rookie Head coach and a rookie OC and yeah, he’s gonna suck.  How could he not?  The problem now is, will he ever recover or will they just ruin any potential  he may have ever had and thus set us back another 4 years - how very “JETSY” 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Sellis92 said:

Name me the ranked defenses Zach Wilson played well against in college

you guys act like it’s a surprise when he sucks facing the Falcons crap D

When you can draw a definitive conclusion 

And when you tell us which teams fan base you crawled out from.  I'm guessing Bills.  

8 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Have you watched Zach interviews? He is exceedingly football bright. Look GVR is an utter turnstile and LaFleur is an idiot. 

Mac Jones is much smarter and clearly has been able to process at a much faster  speed at the NFL level than Zach.  Doesn't mean Zach is stupid.  He's not as smart as Mac Jones and doesn't process at the same speed.  

Zach hasn't been able to translate "Football" smart at the NFL level yet.   Don't really care that he's polished in interviews.  He sucks at NFL football at the moment.   It also doesn't mean he won't be great and isn't a great prospect.  

6 hours ago, Ex-STH said:

I thought we should’ve kept Darnold for one more year and then evaluated drafting a QB next year or not after losing out in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  We could’ve done so much more with that No. 2 pick.  But the specter of Gase will continue to haunt us.  

Zach was never going to be successful given the situation he came into.  He didn’t come from an NFL ready program.  At best he should’ve sat a year behind a vet like Foles (ex: Alex Smith/Mahomes). He didn’t get that either.  Throw in a rookie Head coach and a rookie OC and yeah, he’s gonna suck.  How could he not?  The problem now is, will he ever recover or will they just ruin any potential  he may have ever had and thus set us back another 4 years - how very “JETSY” 

Trading Darnold was the right move.  He was a sunk cost with diminishing value.  You can't ignore trade value. It's not an either or situation.  Darnold should have been traded if we weren't taking a QB at 2.  There were other QB's available that weren't Wilson or Darnold.    

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

Mac Jones is much smarter and clearly has been able to process at a much faster  speed at the NFL level than Zach.  Doesn't mean Zach is stupid.  He's not as smart as Mac Jones and doesn't process at the same speed.  

Zach hasn't been able to translate "Football" smart at the NFL level yet.   Don't really care that he's polished in interviews.  He sucks at NFL football at the moment.   It also doesn't mean he won't be great and isn't a great prospect.  

Don't agree with any of that. 

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Don't agree with any of that. 

Mac Jones graduated with a 4.0 and he is working was working on a Masters degreee which I believe he completed.

• President’s List, 2017-2019
    • Dean’s List, 2017-2019
    • Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society Top Paper Award, 2019
    • Student-Athlete of the Week, 2018-2019
    • SEC First Year Academic Honor Roll
    • Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society
    • The Anderson Society
    • Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
    • The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
    • Golden Key International Honor Society

Mac Jones is on another level when it comes to the brain thing.  

• Upvote 1