Zach Wilson is awful

Snell41

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business being a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 8
  • Thumb Down 29

11 minutes ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

He’s probably not the answer, but got to give him more than five games. 

Nothing about him jumps off the page as a franchise QB to me. Mac Jones and Lawrence look to be the franchise guys from this draft. 

Disagree about Jones.  Decent QB. Nothing more.  But yeah Zach is what anyone who didn’t buy into the Chris Simms/ESPN hype said he would be

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Pichula said:

Nothing jumps off the page? He’s made more wow plays in 6 games than any QB we’ve had basically ever. His escapability and arm is ridiculous. You’re impressed with Mac Jones? Did you watch the same game I did yesterday? I could have hung 50 on the Jets. 

He sucked facing the falcons on a neutral site.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Agreed.  There is nothing really impressive or intriguing but way too early to know anything.  That said, Mac Jones isnt impressive or intriguing either and Lawrence has been good but far from generational.   I just think those 2 were just better prospects since High School hence Bama/Clemson, so they were developed better and are just more pro-ready as they gained more transferable skills based on their experienced and level of competition.  They both seem much more mature as well.  

It was just a bad qb class that the media hype was out of control over

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It's funny, I said that repeatedly.  I hated all these QB, I wanted the trade back.  My plan was Justin Fields and a redshirt season if they felt they had to draft a QB but I was steady on the, this QB class sucks train.  I said it 100x, I had nowhere near the same passion for this class like I did Watson/Mahomes.

Lawrence was the only talented qb coming out last year.  

It’s incredible how the media has re-shaped the NFL.  Now it’s a “qb league” and if you don’t have a franchise top 5 qb you suck.  So then every April becomes a national obsession over discovering the next Brady or Manning and every idiot like Chris Simms or whatever starts acting like they know something 

Zach Wilson 15 years ago is a middle round pick.  If that.  Ditto for Fields who looks just as bad as any of the previous dozen Ohio State Qbs in the NFL

Meanwhile the 2 best stretches of football we seen from this franchise past 30 years.  One was with a journeyman veteran castoff (Vinny) the other was with a not good turnover machine qb (Sanchez)

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

How about ZWs propensity to throw one hoppers on 7 yard passes?

I have a theory on that. 

When I watched him at BYU he almost always threw a tight spiral now all of a sudden in the pro's the kid is having a bunch of wobbly throws which is uncharacteristic of him . So in college with a 70% comp percentage he had to be completing a lot of the underneath stuff even though it was one of the raps on him . 

My theory ? Could the kid be totally over working himself ? Maybe this Injury is a blessing to let him calm down get a little rest for the arm and come in fresh in 2-4 weeks. Inability to not throw a spiral when that was something he was known for is a clear reason he may have a tired arm. Also I'm not seeing the Zip on a lot of the out throws and he's relying way too much on arm strength then actually good mechanics to get the ball out there.

Darnold did the same sh*t but in different ways by throwing off his back foot. Sure these guys can make every NFL throw but no QB has the arm strength to throw a 15 to 20 yard out with out setting before they throw. Dump passes ? Sure but no way on the out's its just not happening.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Lawrence was the only talented qb coming out last year.  

It’s incredible how the media has re-shaped the NFL.  Now it’s a “qb league” and if you don’t have a franchise top 5 qb you suck.  So then every April becomes a national obsession over discovering the next Brady or Manning and every idiot like Chris Simms or whatever starts acting like they know something 

Zach Wilson 15 years ago is a middle round pick.  If that.  Ditto for Fields who looks just as bad as any of the previous dozen Ohio State Qbs in the NFL

Meanwhile the 2 best stretches of football we seen from this franchise past 30 years.  One was with a journeyman veteran castoff (Vinny) the other was with a not good turnover machine qb (Sanchez)

That so called Idiot in Chris Simms has been dead on rating QB's coming out. Wilson hopefully wont break that string

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about @Snell41

The poster is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting and not posting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business posting about a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

Well Snell41 started a thread without attacking other posters, so there's that . If you disagree then come in here and give us a well detailed post on why Zach Wilson might or might not be the guy moving forward. Right now you don't have a lot of ammo to drive that point home. Optimism ? Sure .....but very little to back your argument.

• Upvote 3

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about [mention=28812]Snell41[/mention]
The poster is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting and not posting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business posting about a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

Aww Mrs Wilson, don’t be so mad. Just think, in very little time you can reboot your Instagram account without worrying about mucking up your boy’s “career” ?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Between you and actionZachtion I’m not sure which one of you is actually his mom. “Wow and flash plays bruh, raw talent bruh”. Zach sucks. What’s blatantly obvious is Zach has no clue what he’s doing out there. He has no idea how to read and react to an NFL defense. None.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well Snell41 started a thread without attacking other posters, so there's that . If you disagree then come in here and give us a well detailed post on why Zach Wilson might or might not be the guy moving forward. Right now you don't have a lot of ammo to drive that point home. Optimism ? Sure .....but very little to back your argument.

He doesn't know how to tag so I don't hold it against you for missing it.  Also I don't think the guy knows much about football.  He never makes concrete claims and ive explained some reasons for optimism in the past.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

He’s probably not the answer, but got to give him more than five games. 

Nothing about him jumps off the page as a franchise QB to me. Mac Jones and Lawrence look to be the franchise guys from this draft. 

Mac is nothing special. The biggest thing that helps Mac is his running game and he understands and is perfectly ok with throwing 2 yard passes. Zach is trying to show why he was the #2 pick on every play. Once he calms down and hopefully realizes to take the easy stuff more often he will be better. Also, we need better interior play+ running game. Nothing I’m saying is new but people tend to forget that sometimes and kill Zach/Lafleur when Zach misses a throw on 3rd and 7 because the interior line didn’t hold up the best and has Zach running trying to be Miracle Boy

19 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

Build a team, attract an above average FA QB.

Tennessee is much more likely path to success than drafting yet another "generational" talent with a Top 5 pick destined to fail on a crap roster

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Aww Mrs Wilson, don’t be so mad. Just think, in very little time you can reboot your Instagram account without worrying about mucking up your boy’s “career” ?

You make claims go get YouTube video from this game and post it.  I already know of a few plays that will make you look like a clown. 

The Jets aren't good and you can't put that all on a rookie a few games in.  I'll help you on the first three and out.   The OC is in over his head on those. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

You make claims go get YouTube video from this game and post it.  I already know of a few plays that will make you look like a clown. 

The Jets aren't good and you can't put that all on a rookie a few games in.  I'll help you on the first three and out.   The OC is in over his head on those. 

Well one glaring mistake by the OC was giving the ball to Michael Carter on 3rd and 2

58 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

He sucked facing the falcons on a neutral site.  

The Falcons game was the Titans game with his one-trick-pony 50/50 balls falling flat.

Zach Wilson has played 23 quarters of football and looked good exactly for 1.5 of those quarters.

SAR I

• Upvote 2