If any Jets beat writers read this board.....

BCJet

On 12/21/2021 at 11:17 AM, Beerfish said:

Well he is not great shakes but that draft had dozier who played in the league for a number of years an is still in the league and Enunwa who had a season or so of being okay.  We'll have to see how Hall does down the line.  But the drafts are similar as far as being stink bad so far.

IMO, Hall has much more potential upside than either of those 2 did. Dozier was OK,  but nothing special and Enunwa was hurt more often than not. He was also one of the most overrated players on this board.

Idiots draft is in the books, but the JD draft has one more year to really evaluate. We still don't know for sure on Becton and who knows on the others.

Just wanted to bump this thread given that AVT is out, fant is questionable and who knows who else on the OL will test positive for Covid and yet where is out first round OT??????  

If this team has to face jacksonville's pass rush with Connor McDermott and Dan Feeney again, they should start Flacco out of safety.

11 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Just wanted to bump this thread given that AVT is out, fant is questionable and who knows who else on the OL will test positive for Covid and yet where is out first round OT??????  

If this team has to face jacksonville's pass rush with Connor McDermott and Dan Feeney again, they should start Flacco out of safety.

Jags Josh Allen has covid so he won't be playing either.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

Becton needs an attitude adjustment but I still believe he can be an above average starter on our line. 

I think that ship has sailed. At this point I'd be surprised if he's on the roster next season. The coach punting on even giving on update on a player tells you all you need to know. Silver lining is Fant's a good player at LT.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think that ship has sailed. At this point I'd be surprised if he's on the roster next season. The coach punting on even giving on update on a player tells you all you need to know. Silver lining is Fant's a good player at LT.

I can totally see them just deciding to wait to next season since it’s a lost year.   

No way Becton is the presumed LT when he gets back. He’s going to need to earn a spot.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I can totally see them just deciding to wait to next season since it’s a lost year.   

No way Becton is the presumed LT when he gets back. He’s going to need to earn a spot.  

He's not playing this season- that's a given. He's not even practicing. Whether that's a Jets decision or a Becton one we dont know. I think the team went from frustration to total apathy and has privately moved on.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I've always supported Fant too since we signed him but he is definitely playing better than I expected this year. We cannot afford to get rid of anyone worth starting because we are the Jets and cannot seem to have consistent starters. I am not giving up on Becton either after a pretty good rookie year and some camp tweets adjusting to a new scheme. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Most definitely needs to earn the spot when he eventually comes back (whenever that may be). Fant is the presumed starter IMO but I still like Becton.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

I've always supported Fant too since we signed him but he is definitely playing better than I expected this year. We cannot afford to get rid of anyone worth starting because we are the Jets and cannot seem to have consistent starters. I am not giving up on Becton either after a pretty good rookie year and some camp tweets adjusting to a new scheme. 

I mean its going to be up to Becton if he wants to play or tweet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I mean its going to be up to Becton if he wants to play or tweet.

Yeah that is embarrassing, not sure how he doesn't realize it. Like I said, dude needs an attitude adjustment if he wants to succeed. Otherwise, he can pawn that necklace in a few years.

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Its a lost season for him for sure and I cannot see giving him his LT spot back given how well Fant has played.  That being said him being silent, except for his absurd tweets, and the organization not commenting is ridiculous.  I cant understand how he is welcome in the locker room