Quadruple Down on OL

Dunnie

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Jets need two starting caliber TEs instead of zero. I definitely expect them to hit the position in free agency and then again in the draft.

People here are acting as if McBride is the only TE in the draft, too. Not sure how he got so hyped up. This year looks pretty deep at TE, including a couple guys the Jets just coached in the Senior Bowl. 

I agree. But if you sign Schultz you can wait until the 3rd or even 4th.  

On 1/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, More Cowbell said:

If we went by training camp, OTA's and preseason to determine what we ha e in Zach, how would that have gone? Of wait, we did. It culminated in not bringing in a competent vet back up and when the Jets were forced to because he was injured, we resigned a guy that was here last season for a draft pick. Obviously the Jets did not have a good feel for the QB position without seeing live action, what makes you think LT will be different in terms of Becton?

A rookie QB isnt even remotely the same thing as OL.

9 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How about Jermaine Johnson @ 4, Devin Lloyd @ 10, Zion Johnson @ 35, Pickens @ 38, and Ruckert @ 69?

Same positions.

Imo, the drop-off from Ike to Johnson and McBride to Ruckert isn't as great as Lloyd to the second tier linebackers. 

We can still build around Zach without reaching for positions of need if they supplement the draft with free agency. 

Good post!  I'm coming around to the idea the Jets will use both first rounders' on defense.  Would love the ER and Devin Lloyd.  We can only hope Zion Johnson makes it into the second round.  He may have moved into the first round with the senior bowl (early to practice/stay late + learn a new position) play.  Pickens and Ruckert are both on my short list as well.  Ferguson (TE Wisconsin) flashed as well.  Both RBs for the Nats looked productive as well.  May be worth a flier in the late rounds.