Who's Your Sleeper Pick?

nycdan

Calvin Austin III is not at all what I expected and I’d love it if the Jets draft him. Especially in a double dip at WR scenario, he’s just hard to read because he’s short but is the most explosive player in the draft, played outside at Memphis and looked comfortable doing it, and seems like a character fit. I think his floor is valuable and his ceiling is exciting. He’d absolutely be on my short list at pick 69 and I’m not entirely sure he gets there. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, derp said:

Calvin Austin III is not at all what I expected and I’d love it if the Jets draft him. Especially in a double dip at WR scenario, he’s just hard to read because he’s short but is the most explosive player in the draft, played outside at Memphis and looked comfortable doing it, and seems like a character fit. I think his floor is valuable and his ceiling is exciting. He’d absolutely be on my short list at pick 69 and I’m not entirely sure he gets there. 

haha - I was going to add him to the list after our conversation in the Wan'Dale thread.   So yeah, +1 on Austin.

• Upvote 1

A homer sleeper picks, well, I'm not sure if he's a sleeper or not but I think both Dameon Pierce can be a stud at the next level.  Criminally underused at Florida.  The guy is a legit freak.  I think he's a perfect compliment for Carter, honestly.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

A homer sleeper picks, well, I'm not sure if he's a sleeper or not but I think both Dameon Pierce can be a stud at the next level.  Criminally underused at Florida.  The guy is a legit freak.  I think he's a perfect compliment for Carter, honestly.   

I really like Brian Robinson but he had a RAS below 7 which seems to be an area that JD stays away from.  Apparently we had Pierre Strong in for a visit and was both a team captain and had an excellent RAS which are two of JDs staples

On 4/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, derp said:

I want to love him and then I see his size and it always gives me pause. Everything else he checks the box.

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I want to love him and then I see his size and it always gives me pause. Everything else he checks the box.

I think that's why you can potentially get him in the third round - though I'm not honestly sure he lands there. Really think he fits. The walk on work ethic but an absolute freak athlete, he's just small. Reminds me of the corners they drafted last year in that size was the negative but I think they are willing to disregard that.

Ability to play outside despite his size, home run ability, route running. He looks like a pro to me in a way a lot of these other guys don't. I think his floor is high as a gadget guy who's a plus in the locker room and can add special teams value too, and then if he can overcome his size the ceiling is outrageous and exactly what the Jets need.

As a standalone pick the size would scare me but paired with basically anyone besides Skyy Moore but especially with a taller guy - Alec Pierce, Christian Watson, he'd balance out London - he adds a lot of what other guys in this class are missing IMO.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

I think that's why you can potentially get him in the third round - though I'm not honestly sure he lands there. Really think he fits. The walk on work ethic but an absolute freak athlete, he's just small. Reminds me of the corners they drafted last year in that size was the negative but I think they are willing to disregard that.

Ability to play outside despite his size, home run ability, route running. He looks like a pro to me in a way a lot of these other guys don't. I think his floor is high as a gadget guy who's a plus in the locker room and can add special teams value too, and then if he can overcome his size the ceiling is outrageous and exactly what the Jets need.

As a standalone pick the size would scare me but paired with basically anyone besides Skyy Moore but especially with a taller guy - Alec Pierce, Christian Watson, he'd balance out London - he adds a lot of what other guys in this class are missing IMO.

That's been my feel on London the whole time no matter what he could run in a 40. Pair him with a speed guy and it helps solves some of your main concern with spacing in the offense. I personally think it's more likely Davis is the odd man out in about a year unless he shows out this year.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:56 PM, jNYC1 said:

Isaih Pacheco - RB Rutgers.  Good scheme fit… blazing fast, decent size 5’ 10”/ 215,  and ran behind a crappy o-line.  Fastest RB at combine.  Late round flyer.

Seems like a perfect Shanahan late round type of prospect.  built like Elijah Mitchell but plays like Raheem Mostert.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:17 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I've seen a few people making this suggestion over the weekend

Seems like a late round or undrafted type guy though.

Has the traits of a Kyle Shanahan type of receiver from a short area quickness measurables stand point.  6.81 3-cone and 4.10 shuttle are within the range of the typical WR in the system.  Elijah Moore: 6.67 3-cone, 4 shuttle and Berrios: 6.72 3-cone, 4.18 shuttle.  Devin Fuller, Deebo, Richie James, all have similar 3-cone (around 7) and shuttle times (around 4.1). Plays similar to Hunter Renfrow and can be a contributor on special teams.

• Upvote 1