Is Ruckert the Best Blocking TE on the team Already?

If so, that ability alone will get him some quality reps this season.  I know he was one of the best blocking TEs in this draft; again it shows JDs commitment to the run game and pass protection for Zach going forward.    Now we finally have runners who know how to set up their blockers and maximize the space they create.   I am really excited about this kid; he has the ability to be the best two way TE we have had since Mickey Shuler.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

If so, that ability alone will get him some quality reps this season.  I know he was one of the best blocking TEs in this draft; again it shows JDs commitment to the run game and pass protection for Zach going forward.    Now we finally have runners who know how to set up their blockers and maximize the space they create.   I am really excited about this kid; he has the ability to be the best two way TE we have had since Mickey Shuler.  

Just me speculating, but i think we'll see Ruckert rotate with Uzomah inline throughout the season. Conklin will more often rotate in the F-move position and flexed out. (and sharing time with Uzomah there as well) 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Just me speculating, but i think we'll see Ruckert rotate with Uzomah inline throughout the season. Conklin will more often rotate in the F-move position and flexed out. (and sharing time with Uzomah there as well) 

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a formation with Ruckert and Uzomah in-line on either side of the line with Conklin as move H-back/ full back.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Unless he just lites it up in camp and preseason, we proba ly don't see him play all that much this season. He is the long term guy at the position and we have people there now. 

We need to insert him in the games and evaluate him regardless. He could play greater time if opportunities present themselves especially if he outplays either Conklin or Uzomah.

23 minutes ago, Bronx said:

We need to insert him in the games and evaluate him regardless. He could play greater time if opportunities present themselves especially if he outplays either Conklin or Uzomah.

Like I said, if he lites it up, he should get playing time but we have 2 capable TE's now with NFL experience.  He will get playing time but I think he will be the #3 guy or be the second TE on 2 TE sets. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Like I said, if he lites it up, he should get playing time but we have 2 capable TE's now with NFL experience.  He will get playing time but I think he will be the #3 guy or be the second TE on 2 TE sets. 

The Jets gave Conklin a nice contract based on just one year’s production. He probably grew a little concerned about seeing his third year with the Ruckert pick. TE is a position that often takes longer to develop, so they have that luxury, but I feel like this kid is gonna see the field quite a bit. This wasn’t a late round flyer, this was maybe the best TE in this class taken in the third round. 

Uzo was drafted for his blocking after being Auburns' blocking TE.

As a Big Ten fan, I observed every team in the conference had a

better TE than the Jets, Penn State had three. Contrary to popular

belief Ohio State is the best recruiting school in the country, signing more big

name recruits than even Alabama over the last decade. The reason

I bring this up is Ruckert was considered the 2nd best TE out of HS.

he works  hard at blocking and has the frame to put on more good

weight. He had the most natural hands of any TE in the draft showing

them off in big time catches in crucial situations through his Buckeye career