PFF: Saleh is worst head coach in NFL

Facts

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Jesus you don't exactly need to be an analytical expert to see why Saleh would be ranked there given how our defence somehow got considerably worse in 2021 despite having more talent. 

I think you’d have a difficult time arguing more talent last year vs. 2020. Lost McClendon, Anderson, Jenkins, Langi, and Austin. Mosley’s return would be the only talent upgrade. They had 5th, 6th round, and UDFA rookies starting by October. Not to mention a shift from primarily 3-4 for the first time in about 25 years. 

This year they have more talent. Let’s see where it goes. 

Also, one of the things I like about Saleh is that he’s not a glorified coordinator here with a head coach label like the last handful of guys. He came in as a CEO type right off the bat letting Ulbrich run that side of the ball. 

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This is basically JD's 3rd year.  Year 1 was a teardown.  Year 2 was a rookie QB.  Year 3 (this year), he put some talent on the team.  The real evaluation starts this year.

3 years and they still can't employ a decent place kicker 

It's not like scoring points is essential for winning or anything 

Decent kicker, That's a ten year timeline, right? 

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

3 years and they still can't employ a decent place kicker 

It's not like scoring points is essential for winning or anything 

Decent kicker, That's a ten year timeline, right? 

That was the least of this team's worries.  We needed to get a QB and OL in place plus a defense that wasn't going to get overrun every week.   This year we need a K and I think we're going to get one.

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That was the least of this team's worries.  We needed to get a QB and OL in place plus a defense that wasn't going to get overrun every week.   This year we need a K and I think we're going to get one.

Place kickers are the players who score the most points 

It's almost like the jets are trying to lose 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Place kickers are the players who score the most points 

It's almost like the jets are trying to lose 

It is really strange that a team that has basically been a run-first/ball control/field position team since I was in grade school doesn’t pay whatever it takes to get/keep at least a decent kicker.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jgb said:

It is really strange that a team that has basically been a run-first/ball control/field position team since I was in grade school doesn’t pay whatever it takes to get/keep at least a decent kicker. 

How about the time the Jets were playing the eagles and the pk was fired by halftime? What was that poor bastards name? Kessman? 

Will that guy ever play pro football again? 

I've been watching football for four decades I've never in my life seen a place kicker get fired before halftime. It was truly a low point, like Salehs defensive ranking. 

PK is like free throws in the NBA or defense in the mlb or goalkeepers in soccer, hockey, lacrosse. It's not a glamorous job often overlooked but it also translates directly into wins and losses 

JD has gone through what? Like 10 pk since he arrived? 

I know this is a Saleh thread but if it's hard to evaluate the hc because the roster is historically putrid, thats a general manager problem 

End of the day Woody hired two people who have never done these jobs before. Saleh turns around and hires first time position coaches.

The word retread has become a dirty word but just once I'd like to look at the Jets coaches and get a Mike westoff type of vibe 

Like someone knows wtf they're doing 

• Upvote 1