NYJ podcasts and news media~

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about who or what you watch or listen to and why?

I've been checking out a lot of YouTube podcasts lately. Just curious where everybody gets their info from? I'm not trying to create a forum to trash or bash anybody obviously we all have our personal tastes.

So like I said who do you like and why?

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I thought it would be cool to start a thread about who or what you watch or listen to and why?

I've been checking out a lot of YouTube podcasts lately. Just curious where everybody gets their info from? I'm not trying to create a forum to trash or bash anybody obviously we all have our personal tastes.

Joe Blewitt is a solid watch if you ignore most of what he says. He spins his wheels with internet learned jargon that means nothing but within his regurgitation are actual bits of critical analysis. 

Play Like a Jet is a must listen during training camp. Scott Mason mostly sucks but it’s consistent reports and info. 

Jake Asman is alright if you like traditional sports radio stuff.

Jets Talk 24/7 is solid fan conversation.

Everything else is redundant and boring homerism. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Are you referring to sports podcasts only or all types?

Beyond what’s already been said I like Greenbean and O’Leary, and I’ll throw on Jets Central when I see him pop up. I also like the Oklahoma Drill from Jets Xfactor a lot. Locked on Jets because it is a bit more pessimistic but not too much and his predictions have seemed to play out over the time I’ve been listening to him. 

Joe Blewitt is a solid watch if you ignore most of what he says. He spins his wheels with internet learned jargon that means nothing but within his regurgitation are actual bits of critical analysis. 

Play Like a Jet is a must listen during training camp. Scott Mason mostly sucks but it’s consistent reports and info. 
Jake Asman is alright if you like traditional sports radio stuff.
Jets Talk 24/7 is solid fan conversation.
Everything else is redundant and boring homerism. 
Yep ... it's become painfully obvious that quality of content is a distant second to quantity of content in terms of priorities for online channels. The longer you watch, the more they get paid ...

Longer videos have more room for ads, and more ads mean an increase in revenue for creators. Breaking that 10-minute mark is particularly important: that's the point at which YouTube begins letting creators insert ads into the middle of their videos, rather than just running an ad at the beginning.

So ... I now am hating basically any content provider and might try to find a newspaper again.

Though I still am enjoying The Aussi , occasionally but not often Asman and the Jets themselves put out some quality product.

As soon as it becomes clear the provider is searching for the longest winded way to say something simple ... I'm out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:56 PM, Drums said:

Beyond what’s already been said I like Greenbean and O’Leary, and I’ll throw on Jets Central when I see him pop up. I also like the Oklahoma Drill from Jets Xfactor a lot. Locked on Jets because it is a bit more pessimistic but not too much and his predictions have seemed to play out over the time I’ve been listening to him. 

I can't watch/listen to Matt O'leary. Can't stand his voice,  and he actually thinks he knows what he's talking about.  Spoiler.... he doesn't ? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I can't watch/listen to Matt O'leary. Can't stand his voice,  and he actually thinks he knows what he's talking about.  Spoiler.... he doesn't ? 

You aint lying and There’s some others out there i feel same way about.. 

On 7/14/2022 at 6:54 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

These  are the best jets Podcast in no particular order. 

flight deck -Cimini

play like jet - Scott Mason

Badlands -Connor Rogers

Gang is all here -Coz

the official jets podcast - Eric Allen

Turn on the jets - Will Parkinson

honorable mention for the now discontinued Cant Wait podcast by Connor Hughes which was a great one too.

Fan made podcast (even though most are terrible and boring)

jetsXfactor - good for jets analytics 

letstalkjets -Great for venting on the bad weeks. 

on youtube
Luka,Robby, Joe are good for film breakdowns. Whether you belive in what there saying and seeing thats a whole another thing. But interesting breakdowns none the less.

Also on youtube both these guys are doing a good job right now.. getting good guest on there shows. 

Boy Green

Jake Asman 

• Upvote 2