Jets should draft AJ Hawk..a no brainer

The Fat Man

Last time I checked a 3-4 requires 4 solid LB's.

Vilma

Barton

AJ Hawk

Hobson

It's more difficult to account for a linebacker in the middle of the field and easier to block a DE with a double team. That is why if the Jets go defense with the first pick Hawk is a no brainer. Plus super Mario was the 4th best defensive player last year in his conference. According to a vote by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association, was the fourth-best defender in the ACC. Williams received four votes for defensive player of the year, compared with 31 for Maryland linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, 17 for Boston College end Mathias Kiwanuka and 14 for Virginia Tech end Darryl Tapp.

AJ Hawk and Jonathan Vilma would immediately halt all the over the middle and 5 yard flats passes crap that made Tom Brady famous.

Hawk led Ohio State three seasons in tackles, was named an All-American and the team MVP twice and, as a senior, won the Big Ten defensive player of the year award and the Lombardi Trophy. Ohio State was the #1 defense in the NCAA last year.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11866520/

Vilma

Barton

AJ Hawk

Hobson

It's more difficult to account for a linebacker in the middle of the field and easier to block a DE with a double team. That is why if the Jets go defense with the first pick Hawk is a no brainer. Plus super Mario was the 4th best defensive player last year in his conference. According to a vote by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association, was the fourth-best defender in the ACC. Williams received four votes for defensive player of the year, compared with 31 for Maryland linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, 17 for Boston College end Mathias Kiwanuka and 14 for Virginia Tech end Darryl Tapp.

AJ Hawk and Jonathan Vilma would immediately halt all the over the middle and 5 yard flats passes crap that made Tom Brady famous.

Hawk led Ohio State three seasons in tackles, was named an All-American and the team MVP twice and, as a senior, won the Big Ten defensive player of the year award and the Lombardi Trophy. Ohio State was the #1 defense in the NCAA last year.

Not so fast, Fat Boy.

In order for a linebacker to be successfull in this league, you need a solid defensive line. The Jets are currently without one. Vilma's production was down with the departure of Ferguson last season. A good D-line will eat up blockers, freeing up the LB's.

What good will it be to have 2 pro-bowl caliber players making tackles 10 yards downfield?

Cool name.

Nice Clairol girlie hair.

Obnoxious attention-straved girlfriend.

Antecdotal and admittedly questionable indications that he dabbles in performance-enhancing substances and is a real jerk off the field.

While he's fast, he's too small and not strong or big enough.

KATZENMO.....

COSINEA....

Pick you Ohio State LB busts.

A REALLY bad idea. Taking him over D'Brick is IDIOCY.

Vilma

Barton

AJ Hawk

Hobson

Mario Williams or Haloti Ngata - That's who I want if we decide to go defense in Round 1. We need some BIG BODIES on the Defensive Line. I'm tired of undersized players like James Reed and John Abraham. Let's beat some people up.

Vilma

Barton

AJ Hawk

Hobson

You're right, it's a no brainer.

You'd have to have NO BRAIN to do it.

Mario Williams or Haloti Ngata - That's who I want if we decide to go defense in Round 1. We need some BIG BODIES on the Defensive Line. I'm tired of undersized players like James Reed and John Abraham. Let's beat some people up.

Well, If your looking at Mario Williams to be a huge force at DE in the 3-4, you're obviously looking at the wrong person. Mario Williams is a pass Rushing DE as opposed to a Run Stuffer, which is what we really need. I could go for either Hawk or Ngata with that pick, though.

Well, If your looking at Mario Williams to be a huge force at DE in the 3-4, you're obviously looking at the wrong person. Mario Williams is a pass Rushing DE as opposed to a Run Stuffer, which is what we really need. I could go for either Hawk or Ngata with that pick, though.

I was going to nominate you for post of the week until I read the last sentence.

If the Jets don't use their first pick on Leinart or D'Brick I will force myself to listen to country music :eek:

Had the offense not spent so much time off the field in 2005, the defense would have been a lot more effective. It's hard to maintain a high level of play when you're on the field 45 minutes every game! The defense can be addressed in round 2 on and in FA (see Chatham & Kimo).

I was going to nominate you for post of the week until I read the last sentence.

:bag:

Well, I never said I wanted them, just that I would deal. I really want D'Brick. And if hes not available, I wouldn't object to Vernon Davis... Before you think anything this is why. I know that TE is not a large need at all. But think of it, we need more playmakers on the offensive side of the ball. Vernon Davis is just that. A playmaker.

Vilma

Barton

AJ Hawk

Hobson

I like Hawk but we have more important needs than LB. We can still pick up a solid LB in FA (like Brad Kassell).

Hawk, Greenway, Ryans, Carpenter....

All are potential draft picks because we could take either an ILB or OLB depending on what we wish to do with Victor Hobson and if we sign Brad Kassell or not.

Not so fast, Fat Boy.

In order for a linebacker to be successfull in this league, you need a solid defensive line. The Jets are currently without one. Vilma's production was down with the departure of Ferguson last season. A good D-line will eat up blockers, freeing up the LB's.

What good will it be to have 2 pro-bowl caliber players making tackles 10 yards downfield?

How can you say his production was down when he lead the league in tackles? The defensive line's production was down, his production was up cause somebody had to pick up their slack.

Archived