Red Sox trade Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena

Mavrik

Let me ask you this, if the Sox dealt a SP/RP for a big bat (which they did just yesterday) doesn't that speak volumes as to where their pitching is currently at? Oh, if you only knew anything you were talking about. Craig Hansen will not be on the 25-man roster to start the season, just to show you how deep the Sox pen is this season. The Sox Pen is vastly superior to the Yankees. Foulke may be a question mark, but he is one of the best closers when healthy, and if he isn't we have many other viable options. Timlin may be old but he was one of the most dominant set-up men in the league last season. Then in other roles you have a great young pitcher in Papelbon, a very good veteran in Tavarez, another in Rudy Seanez who was 7-1 with a below 2.70 era last season, David Riske who's ERA was 3.10 last season, DiNardo a capable lefty who was very effective last season as well.

The Yankees on the other hand have Sturtze and Villone (bother 4 plus ERAs), Myers who is very effective against lefties and not much else, Farnsworth is a great pitcher so I'll give you him, and Dotel who may not even going to be able to pitch at the beginning of the season and is a huge question mark. Rivera is probably the best closer in the game, but we all know that he no longer strikes fear into anyone, especially the Red Sox.

If you want to talk about rotations, it is very clear the Sox is both better and deeper. You have Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield, Wells, and Clement. Schilling is in great shape and looks to vbe very healthy, Beckett when healthy is one of the best young pitchers in the game, Wakefield consistently gives 200+ innings and 15+ wins, Wells only lost one game last season in Fenway, and Matt Clement was an All-Star last season. The Yankees have the Unit who has begun to show his age, Mussina, who is in the same boat as Unit, and then who? You have Pavano, who is a huge bust, Wang who has shown glimspes of solidness, Wright who hasn't done much except be injured and pitch horribly, Chacon and Small, who are decent but cannot be expected to perform as well as last season. The Yankees throughout the pitching definately has more question marks than the Red Sox, and the Sox minor leagues are both deeper and better than that of the Yankees.

But of course, you'll come up with some mindless drivel to retort which will be about as effective as the Yankees pitching= not very.

Holy retard****sville, batman!

Look, I dont where to start so I'll just sum it up for you...

You're friggen crazy. Clement an allstart? yes then he sucked the rest of the season. Beckett has never stayed healthy. Wells has back problems.

Are you a team doctor? Schilling is old coming back off an injury. Only Wakefield you know what you will get. The rest are all ? marks.

The trade of Arroyo for a .250 hitter tells me the sox management are dumbasses, not that they have great pitching. Becaue they dont.

You're a homer. Plain and simple. "Oh dont expect Chacon to continue pitching good but expect all red sox pitchers who played like horse **** all of the 2nd half last season and coming back from injuries to return to their A games and be allstar quality"

You're a homer.

Arroyo was going to start the year in the bullpen smart guy.We've got a better chance with that rotation than you do making it through the year with Brown, Pavano, Wright, Wang, Mussina, and Unit. Oh and if Wells was so bad how come he only lost one game at Fenway last season. At least come with something better than that, unless you want to be thoroughly pwned all the time.

Are you seriously this stupid?

Kevin Brown isnt on the team anymore smart guy.

These are the Yankees starters

Unit, Moose, Wang, Chacon. Then it will be a 5 man rotation until Pavano comes back. Stop blabbering about Wright

Bottom line is all your pitchers last year: Foulke, Schilling, Wells,Beckett and Clement either played like sh#t the entire 2nd half of the 05 season, have injury problems, are old, or they are old and coming off injuriies.

Not to mention coco crisp, loretta and the rest of the guys who are new, havent proved they can play in fenway. The sox have a million ? marks all over their team.

my god, shut up already.

Let me ask you this, if the Sox dealt a SP/RP for a big bat (which they did just yesterday) doesn't that speak volumes as to where their pitching is currently at? Oh, if you only knew anything you were talking about. Craig Hansen will not be on the 25-man roster to start the season, just to show you how deep the Sox pen is this season. The Sox Pen is vastly superior to the Yankees. Foulke may be a question mark, but he is one of the best closers when healthy, and if he isn't we have many other viable options. Timlin may be old but he was one of the most dominant set-up men in the league last season. Then in other roles you have a great young pitcher in Papelbon, a very good veteran in Tavarez, another in Rudy Seanez who was 7-1 with a below 2.70 era last season, David Riske who's ERA was 3.10 last season, DiNardo a capable lefty who was very effective last season as well.

The Yankees on the other hand have Sturtze and Villone (bother 4 plus ERAs), Myers who is very effective against lefties and not much else, Farnsworth is a great pitcher so I'll give you him, and Dotel who may not even going to be able to pitch at the beginning of the season and is a huge question mark. Rivera is probably the best closer in the game, but we all know that he no longer strikes fear into anyone, especially the Red Sox.

If you want to talk about rotations, it is very clear the Sox is both better and deeper. You have Schilling, Beckett, Wakefield, Wells, and Clement. Schilling is in great shape and looks to vbe very healthy, Beckett when healthy is one of the best young pitchers in the game, Wakefield consistently gives 200+ innings and 15+ wins, Wells only lost one game last season in Fenway, and Matt Clement was an All-Star last season. The Yankees have the Unit who has begun to show his age, Mussina, who is in the same boat as Unit, and then who? You have Pavano, who is a huge bust, Wang who has shown glimspes of solidness, Wright who hasn't done much except be injured and pitch horribly, Chacon and Small, who are decent but cannot be expected to perform as well as last season. The Yankees throughout the pitching definately has more question marks than the Red Sox, and the Sox minor leagues are both deeper and better than that of the Yankees.

But of course, you'll come up with some mindless drivel to retort which will be about as effective as the Yankees pitching= not very.

Those question you throw at the Yankees staff can just as well be done with the sox staff.

Schilling: Still a question mark. Does he regain 2003 form ?

Wells: Up and down and age creeping in.

Wakefield: Does age catch the knuckleballer ?

Clement: Good first half. Not so good second half. Pretty much the story of his career.

Beckett: Does he actually stay off the DL to give the Sox 200+ innings ?

Say what you want about guys like Hansen and Paplebon. Until they actually prove something they are question marks as well.

The same way you guys expect Schilling to bounce back and Beckett to stay off the DL the Yankee fans expects Johnson and Mussina to bounce back.

But of course that just doesn't wash with Scapegoat Nation.

Are you seriously this stupid?

Kevin Brown isnt on the team anymore smart guy.

These are the Yankees starters

Unit, Moose, Wang, Chacon. Then it will be a 5 man rotation until Pavano comes back. Stop blabbering about Wright

Bottom line is all your pitchers last year: Foulke, Schilling, Wells,Beckett and Clement either played like sh#t the entire 2nd half of the 05 season, have injury problems, are old, or they are old and coming off injuriies.

Not to mention coco crisp, loretta and the rest of the guys who are new, havent proved they can play in fenway. The sox have a million ? marks all over their team.

my god, shut up already.

Yep all those awfule second half performances and still the same amount of wins as the Yankees. You almost have to tell me to shut up because you have nothing to say that isn't rehash. You sir are the homer.

Yep all those awfule second half performances and still the same amount of wins as the Yankees. You almost have to tell me to shut up because you have nothing to say that isn't rehash. You sir are the homer.

Way to back up your arguement.

"Clement an allstar"

Yes, then he sank like a rock in water.

Listen, crazycarl, I'll let the Yankees play on the field do the talking.

You'll shut up by the end of the season this year, I'm sure.

Way to back up your arguement.

"Clement an allstar"

Yes, then he sank like a rock in water.

Listen, crazycarl, I'll let the Yankees play on the field do the talking.

You'll shut up by the end of the season this year, I'm sure.

Clement was also hit in the back of the head by a line drive. We'll see what happens this season, but the Red Sox look like the better, younger team right now. And by the end of the season you'll have lots of crow to eat.

if Mo Pena gets the best out of his ability, he can be a David Ortiz-in-minnesota type of hitter. not alot of plate dicipline but the power is there.

but it depends if he succeeds in Boston when given the chance to start (ie when Trot gets hurt)

I love how you guys are so happy to have Kyle Farnsworth.

Watching him implode this year is going to be a lot more fun than it used to be.

coming from a guy who's team has Kerry Wood and Mark Prior.

I wouldn't be talking about pitchers impoding if I were you

Archived