Falcons-Jets-Denver in a 3-way deal

Smizzy

I just don't see why we couldn't have just shipped them abe and our 3rd and the KC 4th for the 15th instead. That would be a better deal for both teams wouldn't it?

That is an interesting point and maybe that is a sign that this regimn's goal is to accumulate as many picks as possible and perhaps a sign that they are more likely to trad down than up in this draft.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN.com is reporting that to trade down from #15 to #29 that Atlanta picked up a mid-rounder in 2006 and a mid-rounder in 2007.

We wouldn't give up a pair of 4th rounders spread over 2 years (equal value to a 3rd & a 4th from Denver b/c they pick so much later than us) to get the #15 pick instead of #29???

Broncos | Update on draft picks traded

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:55:00 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons acquired a third-round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft and a fourth-round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft from the Denver Broncos as part of the three-way trade that sent DE John Abraham to the Falcons and other draft picks to the Jets and Broncos.

THIS DEAL SUCKS THE BONE.

we used a mid round pick to get him,16,17,or 18th in 00.

after 51 sacks and 3 pro-bowls all we get is the 29 pick,

THIS DEAL SUCKS THE BOBO :Cuss: BULL :Cuss:

is this deal for sure or more :Cuss: .

THIS DEAL SUCKS THE BONE.

we used a mid round pick to get him,16,17,or 18th in 00.

after 51 sacks and 3 pro-bowls all we get is the 29 pick,

THIS DEAL SUCKS THE BOBO :Cuss: BULL :Cuss:

is this deal for sure or more :Cuss: .

Didn't you want to trade Abraham, Ramsey and our first for Schaub and their first?

I don't think you are in position to criticize any trade.

Didn't you want to trade Abraham, Ramsey and our first for Schaub and their first?

I don't think you are in position to criticize any trade.

hahahahahahaha please tell me he didn't want to send our first to atlanta hahahahahahahahahahaha

more important then the deal is that we didnt cave in and we did better than the seattle deal, we can acquire to key pieces in the first round to start the rehab process to this team, this deal says you cant rape and us and expect us to forget about it he next day, this deal says you cant even unzipper our fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then why post a reply here? looking for an argument?

right now not a good time son im quite pissed off about this deal.

when Bradway was fired i thought the days of us getting shafted were over?

Son? I am old enough to be your father and I'm only 21.

I don't see how any Jets fan can ridicule this trade. I think it is very good. a #4 and a #29 as it stands right now - more leverage on draft day - Jets did good.

29th pick for Abe? you are kidding i hope? what happened to franchise tag 2 #1s required? we got a 29th pick projected player? for Abe?

how soon we forget that abe took himself out of a playoff game so he wouldnt hurt his knee i believe to get a new contract, as far as i am concerned he can go spread herpes with ron mexico, to all the Toothless southern women in the ATL with Nelly YA HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I also don't understand why we didn't just ship our 3rd and even 4th if they wanted it along with Abe for their first. I mean ultimately it doesn't really matter, we need O-line and we can get O-line at 29. McNeill or Mangold, hopefully both, are pretty much ours.

Abe did not want to play here - all the teams knew this so we got a first round pick for him -you always want more but now we have two picks in the first round to stock up some young players

DUDE shaun alexander wasnt even worth a 2nd round pick to some teams, be happy we got the 29th pick the dude didnt want to be here let me see how the south is a 3rd world country. we need to rebuild and we need the money to hell with abe, vilma is young and cheap just like hot foreign women aint nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!!!

What about trading JTSFAN5180 for QUICKVICK?

Two completely worthless posters...I think we lose out slightly but I can't tell. A straight up swap like that is pointless. I say we throw Fat Man into the deal and they give us an actual good poster in return.

Two completely worthless posters...I think we lose out slightly but I can't tell. A straight up swap like that is pointless. I say we throw Fat Man into the deal and they give us an actual good poster in return.

Hmm. Well I do believe Fat Man has some potential so I could see them going for this deal.

Archived