Falcons-Jets-Denver in a 3-way deal

Smizzy

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do you mean its done..?????

they did it or just talkin about it??

im confused...are we getting anything else besides the 29th???

done.

Falcons send pick to Denver to get Abraham from Jets

ATLANTA -- Sometimes it takes a third party to resolve a stalemate, and that was the case on Tuesday evening as the Atlanta Falcons consummated a much-rumored trade for New York Jets defensive end and designated franchise player John Abraham.

To complete the trade, the Falcons enlisted the aid of the Denver Broncos, who, ironically, had once been interested in Abraham themselves.

Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver for the Broncos' first-round choice, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round selections, one each in the 2006 and 2007 drafts. The Falcons then shipped the 29th pick acquired from Denver to the Jets in exchange for Abraham, a three-time Pro Bowl pass rusher who was also being sought by the Seattle Seahawks.

If the Jets try to move up with two picks in the first round would be the worst move this org could make. Mangini's background coming from NE and how they have built their team would suggest that there is no way they would do that

I hope they don't and the only thing i have going for me on this

is that all the speculation has come from the espn and nfl total access

gurus and other media types but not one word from the Jets FO.

The Jets announced TODAY that they had signed Von Oelhoffen, something that was well known for awhile. The front office apparently works slow.

The way I see it is that of the first 36 picks we have 3 picks.

Plus besides our 3rd pick there may be a 3rd comp pick for Jordan.

Plus we have 2 picks in the 4th.

If we don't trade up for a QB there is a chance to get a lot of value

with all those picks and start rebuilding the Jets.

I agree with those who feel that we got the best we could for ABe given

the demand for him kind of dried up in recent days.

Good point Senior...they need to stockpile as many picks as they can and hopefully they have an eye for talent and coaches that can train the **** out of these guys. We could be building something really good here folks...

If the Jets try to move up with two picks in the first round would be the worst move this org could make. Mangini's background coming from NE and how they have built their team would suggest that there is no way they would do that

i totally agree...on both things..

Somebody wake me up when Tannenbaum/Mangini pull their pants back up.

Wake the **** up.

This is the best trade that was available to us. Period. It's not fair value? Whatever. We were never going to get anything better than this. It may not be fair value, but it's the best value.

I call bull****. This isn't the NBA or MLB. The last time a three team trade went down was ummmm.....let me check. NEVER!! Actually it may have happened like 20 years ago but not that I know of.

IF it's never been done before the Jets will find a way to be a part of it. I'm pretty sure we have the only 24 hour tenured Head Coach in league history.

hey we got 6 years out of a 2000 1st round pick,traded him away for another 1st rounder-I say we did pretty damn good,and as Senior says we at least will be able to stomach (me anyway) watching the 1st day of the draft next month-like in 2000,with us being active participants-3 of the top players in the nation will be ours before nightfall

IF it's never been done before the Jets will find a way to be a part of it. I'm pretty sure we have the only 24 hour tenured Head Coach in league history.

the market was set with Seattle at #31...we did better and grabbed a #29 pick for a malcontent DE who drinks, doesnt play hurt and has played poorly or not at all in the playoff games. Now, he is their problem..

LL

Good Luck ol' 40 oz!

Why do the Broncos want to trade up, that is the question.

I now wouldnt mind that vikings proposed trade if we could somehow still draft LenDale White at 17.

I like that that alot. Then hopefully one of the big OT's or Demeco Ryans/Hodge is there at #29.

I call bull****. This isn't the NBA or MLB. The last time a three team trade went down was ummmm.....let me check. NEVER!! Actually it may have happened like 20 years ago but not that I know of.

The trade is almost official. Get ready to rescind the bull**** claim.

Thanks for the Pro Bowl DE, I hope your #29 pick grows into a stud.

Good game, Jets FO, good game.

Thanks, just hope Abe doesn't get lazy on you guys and actually trains in the offseason. If so, then you got yourselves a monster at DE.

I like that that alot. Then hopefully one of the big OT's or Demeco Ryans/Hodge is there at #29.

That would be very good.

LenDale White and Demeco Ryans/BAP in the 1st rd.

I wouldnt take Abdul Hodge that high though, not with #35 either.

I like the deal, but I was under the impression that Denver was looking to get rid of their first rounder by trading up, because their salary cap situation is very tight, so they solve this by trading up to #15??

Good trade for the Jets. #4 and #29 overall are going to work out nicely for us

I like the deal, but I was under the impression that Denver was looking to get rid of their first rounder by trading up, because their salary cap situation is very tight, so they solve this by trading up to #15??

Good trade for the Jets. #4 and #29 overall are going to work out nicely for us

They could still trade out of the pick. It wouldn't shock me. I just don't know who would make the trade, though.

Alk,

Remember the TO trade? San Fran, Philly, and Baltimore?

Archived