Home run hitters

derp

Obviously hope Hall will be back the season and at the very least we get to see him at 100% again at some point - definitely a special player. Seeing what the offense looked like with and without Hall, and that he scored the lone offensive TD, I couldn’t help but think the Jets need to continue adding guys who can create big plays on offense. Everything tightens up without him - defenses aren’t so worried about leaving a crease, and the offense knows they need to continue executing perfectly over and over to create points.

When Douglas took over he shared the mantra “speed creates pressure, pressure bursts pipes” - but I think Hall is really the first guy we’ve seen who brings that to the table every down. Need to keep adding guys like that who scare defenses. Makes everyone else’s job easier.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

GWil has speed

MC has speed 

Elijah Moore has speed  

Conklin moves really well for a TE 

It’s there to be utilized if our OC calls the proper plays and our QB can get them the ball 

Regarding Moore and Wilson, I think there’s a distinction between being able to house plays at the NFL level and being a mid-high 4.3 guy. They’ll probably create big plays every once in awhile when things get schemed up nice, but they’re not scare defenses fast and they really haven’t created those kinds of home run plays that Hall did. In part, because both can avoid tackles but neither really has the strength to break tackles. Moore maybe had one last year, Hall has had several.

Carter is quicker than fast, doesn’t have Hall’s long speed, and Conklin is fluid but he’s not going to be creating big plays unless he’s completely left alone.

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

GWil has speed

MC has speed 

Elijah Moore has speed  

Conklin moves really well for a TE 

It’s there to be utilized if our OC calls the proper plays and our QB can get them the ball 

True but Hall is the only one out of this group so far that repeatedly turned a bit of space into explosive plays. Wilson and Moore could/should get there but aren't yet; I love MC but he's more of a chain mover.

Just now, derp said:

Regarding Moore and Wilson, I think there’s a distinction between being able to house plays at the NFL level and being a mid-high 4.3 guy. They’ll probably create big plays every once in awhile when things get schemed up nice, but they’re not scare defenses fast and they really haven’t created those kinds of home run plays that Hall did. Moore maybe had one last year, Hall has had several.

Carter is quicker than fast, doesn’t have Hall’s long speed, and Conklin is fluid but he’s not going to be creating big plays unless he’s completely left alone.

I really want to see Garrett take off and go north south. 

They've faked the jet sweep to him several times the past few games and I'm just waiting for him to take one and go for it. 

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm really crushed by Hall's injury if it is indeed an ACL.

I know they get fixed alot better than in the past, but any risk that this special talent may not come back the same is just devastating.  This kid is special.  I hope beyond hope that he still can be after this injury.

It just seems like the game has changed in the last 10 years where it’s not an if but a when with these special rb’s and their knees.   Just saw the story about Todd Gurley and you hope that’s not Breece.  I can’t name 5 RB’s better than him in the nfl this year. 

• Upvote 2