Rob Rang's Updated 1 RD Mock

Green Jets & Ham

I wish we could get Reggie!

I'm happy if we get D'Brick, but Ham, or Bit or R44 or any of you draft daddies :)

Give some more info on Michael Huff and Brodrick Bunkley.

Those are two names that have not come up much, and I'm a bit curious as their stock seems to be rising to near or draft pick level.

:Cuss:

Jets

(from Denver) Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College NR NR

I would rather have the three players selected after him

If Mangold is there and we keep the pick...IMO its a no brainer

I agree ... that pick is a waste in my view ... Kiwi is not big enough to play a 34 DE and he doesn't have the skills to play 34 OLB

If the board fell the way it fell in this mock, I would have taken Jay Cutler and LenDale White

QB of the future and RB of the future ... done and done ;)

Bunkley 8th and Ngata 12th? Bunkley did himself a world of good at the combine but did he really establish himself ahead of Ngata? Bunkley reminds me of Drob...a workout warrior who's stock sky rocketed after a great combine.

Bunkley is better than D-Rob.

D-Rob as a junior had 5 sacks.

Bunkley had 25 tackles for loss last season and 9 sacks and he's a nose tackle. Bunkley loves football and has strong character. Big weight room and film room guy. He's top 3 strongest player in this entire draft and he's agile to boot. I've seeb mock drafts with him going 30th...LOL...Not in this lifetime.

Bunkley is better than D-Rob.

D-Rob as a junior had 5 sacks.

Bunkley had 25 tackles for loss last season and 9 sacks and he's a nose tackle. Bunkley loves football and has strong character. Big weight room and film room guy. He's top 3 strongest player in this entire draft and he's agile to boot. I've seeb mock drafts with him going 30th...LOL...Not in this lifetime.

Before the combine...I was looking at him with our 2nd rd pick...Now he's shot up into the top 1/3 of the first rd. I remember that being the case with Drob too. Either way...Bunkley is a physical specimen. he was an animal at the combine and very,very agile and strong too. Didn't he set a record on the bench press?

Im was just curious when he jumped ahead of Ngata?

I wish we could get Reggie!

I'm happy if we get D'Brick, but Ham, or Bit or R44 or any of you draft daddies :)

Give some more info on Michael Huff and Brodrick Bunkley.

Those are two names that have not come up much, and I'm a bit curious as their stock seems to be rising to near or draft pick level.

Michael Huff is a very good player Lady Jet. Proably the best defensive back in the draft. He's fast and athletic enough to play cornerback, yet excelled at safety in college....

Knock on Huff was he would disappear in big games, but that didn't happen in 2005.

He's also a great physical speciman -- his workout numbers where off the charts at the Combine for his size and position. I'd say Huff is more of like a 8 to 11th overall type pick....That's purely a guess.

Bitonti talked to some Florida State players at the Senior Bowl. When all the Net sites had Bunkley as a likely 2nd round pick, the FSU players said he was the best player they had and a slam dunk first round type. Bunkley has a hockey players mentality -- he's always surley, agitated and fiesty -- even in practice.

Bunkley is a total weight room freak too.....Should be a good, but not sure if he'll go as high as Rang predicts, though. But he might.

P.S: If Arizona picks Cutler over Vince Young, I'll listen to an entire Robert Goulet (or New Kids on the Block) album....about 50 times :bag:

It just wont happen. Rang must've been hanging out with the "weed smokers" at whatever Seattle high school he spent as a substitute teacher last week :bs:

MOCK DRAFT: Round 1

Pick Team Player Pos. School Previous Rising/Falling High/Low

1. Texans Reggie Bush RB USC 1st SAME 1st / 1st

Scouts lump Bush among some of the all-time great running back talents, including LaDainian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, O.J. Simpson, and Gale Sayers.

2. Saints Mario Williams DE N.C. State 5th (+3) 2nd / 5th

With the addition of Drew Brees, most around the league expect the Saints to go one of three ways with this pick. They can protect their investment with left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson, trade it or draft the player most teams feel is the second-best player available, defensive end Mario Williams. Charles Grant and Will Smith are already a formidable duo, but the Saints will take Williams if they feel he is the best player available.

3. Titans Matt Leinart QB USC 3rd SAME 2nd / 3rd

The stars seem to be aligning for the Norm Chow-Matt Leinart reunion. How often is it that the rookie quarterback might know the offense better than the Pro Bowl veteran?

4. Jets D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia 2nd (-2) 2nd / 6th

The Jets can certainly explore other options with this pick, but with the addition of Patrick Ramsey as a cheap insurance policy at quarterback, the right move appears to be adding Ferguson.

5. Packers A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State 5th (+2) 5th / 7th

Looking for playmakers on both sides of the ball, there aren't many teams in better position than the Packers. They could have AJ Hawk, an immediate impact defender, fall into their lap.

6. 49ers Vernon Davis TE Maryland 6th SAME 6th / 10th

For better or worse the 49ers' success is tied to quarterback Alex Smith. For Smith to improve in his sophomore season, he'll need weapons. Davis has a chance to be special.

7. Raiders Michael Huff DB Texas 9th (+2) 7th / 11th

Though a quarterback might appear tempting here, the Raiders drafted their prototype drop-back passer last year in Andrew Walter. Adding an impact defender would help them more.

8. Bills Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State 8th SAME 8th / 10th

Bunkley continues to move up the charts and his combination of strength and burst off the snap makes him a great fit in the new Buffalo defensive scheme.

9. Lions Winston Justice OT USC 15th (+6) 9th / 16th

With three veteran quarterbacks on the roster and many of the impact defenders off the board, the Lions might finally be in position to address the offensive line. Justice could be conceived as a bit of a reach here, but he would present a better pass blocking option than current starting right tackle Kelly Butler.

10. Cardinals Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt 4th (-6) 4th / 10th

The slew of veteran quarterback transactions that have taken place over the past week could drop Cutler and Vince Young down the board. Arizona has needs to address, but would have to strongly consider either young passer should one fall to them.

11. Rams Jimmy Williams DB Virginia Tech 11th SAME 11th / 15th

To make a move back into contention for the NFC West crown, the Rams have to compete with the passing attacks featured by Seattle and Arizona. Williams is the most gifted cornerback in the draft and some teams feel his upside is even higher at safety.

12. Browns

Haloti Ngata DT Oregon 13th (+5) 12th / 18th

Ted Washington was added in free agency, but he's 37. Ngata is the most dominant interior run defender in the draft whose only real question mark is his motor. He would have an excellent mentor in Washington.

13. Ravens Vince Young QB Texas 10th (-3) 3rd / 13th

GM Ozzie Newsome has made a career of landing prospects who, for one reason or another, have slipped too far come draft day. Young's rare potential could be too much to pass up for a team not sold on Kyle Boller for the long-term yet.

14. Eagles Ernie Sims OLB Florida State 14th SAME 14th / 23rd

A lack of playmaking linebackers was one of the reasons Philadelphia's defense struggled last year. Sims' combination of explosiveness and instincts make him a potential instant impact defender, especially in a scheme as aggressive as Jim Johnson's.

15. Denver

(from Falcons) Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB Florida State 12th (-3) 12th / 18th

Making the trade with Atlanta and New York gives the Broncos a pick in the top half of the first round and a chance at Wimbley, arguably the draft's most dynamic pass rusher. With both the 15th and 22nd overall picks, Denver is also in prime position to trade into the top five should it fall in love with an elite prospect.

16. Dolphins Johnathan Joseph CB South Carolina 17th (+1) 16th / 30th

Nick Saban has addressed two of his primary needs with the additions of QB Daunte Culpepper and LT L.J. Shelton. Some might feel he has addressed the cornerback need with Will Allen, but depth behind Allen and Travis Daniels is unreliable and Joseph continues to move up the charts.

17. Vikings Chad Jackson WR Florida 18th (+1) 17th / 29th

As scouts review his film and realize his rare combination of size and speed, Jackson is pulling away from the competition to emerge as the draft's top wideout. Nate Burleson, the Vikings current No. 1 receiver, is a restricted free agent, but teams don't appear to be concerned as he would only cost a third-round pick if signed. The Vikings could find themselves needing help at the position.

18. Cowboys Manny Lawson OLB N.C. State 16th (-2) 16th / NR

With the addition of Terrell Owens, the Cowboys likely will be looking for another pass rusher or a pass blocker with this choice. The team is clearly gearing up for a Super Bowl run this season, and Lawson would provide an immediate impact opposite young star DeMarcus Ware.

19. Chargers Eric Winston OT Miami 23rd (+4) 19th / NR

The Chargers could use help at receiver and defensive back and will consider other options with this pick. But to ease Philip Rivers into the fire, San Diego would be wise to consider an offensive tackle with Winston's athleticism and experience.

[url=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5429730]

I was going to post it, but I decided to look first. Good thing I did. Well, that's the entire draft, for those who are intrested, and too lazy to click on the link Ham provided ;) Also, it's gonig to take two posts... so yeah.

20. Chiefs

(from Bills) Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State 20th SAME 20th / 20th

After releasing Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon, the Chiefs will strongly consider top cornerback prospects with their first-round pick. Not many corners have more upside than this former Buckeye.

21. Patriots Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State NR (NR) 21st / NR

The Patriots rarely draft for need, but with a hole at linebacker and the versatile, instinctive Carpenter on the board, the pick makes too much sense not to be given strong consideration. Besides, with five picks in the top 105, the Patriots have plenty of opportunities to address other areas.

22. Broncos

(from Redskins) Jason Allen FS Tennessee 22nd SAME 22nd / NR

With two first-round picks and their need for an outside pass rusher already filled, the Broncos can afford to gamble on greatness -- and Jason Allen certainly could be great. Prior to a hip dislocation, some teams were grading Allen as a top 10 pick, quite a rarity for the free safety position. By draft day, Allen may not make it this far down the board.

23. Buccaneers Marcus McNeill OT Auburn NR (NR) 23rd / NR

One of the few areas of clear need on a veteran Bucs team is to address the play of the offensive tackles. McNeill has the athleticism to play left tackle and the size to play on the right. Chris Simms would probably appreciate the fact that McNeill hasn't given up a sack since his freshman season.

24. Bengals Donte Whitner SS Ohio State 24th SAME 24th / NR

Even with the recent free agent addition of Dexter Jackson, the Bengals would be wise to snatch up Donte Whitner if he's available. Whitner, blessed with spectacular speed for a safety, could be the missing element on an athletic Cincinnati defense. Tight end remains the Bengals' biggest need, but most scouts feel the only player at the position worthy of a first-round selection is Vernon Davis, who won't make it out of the top 10.

25. Giants Chad Greenway OLB Iowa 31st (+6) 12th / 31st

The Giants have flirted with the notion of adding Lavar Arrington through free agency, but even if the team did add the mercurial outside linebacker, an athletic, instinctive talent like Greenway would make a lot of sense.

26. Bears Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State 25th (-1) 24th / 26th

Santonio Holmes is slipping as teams study his film more closely. However, his big play ability would make a great deal of sense for a Chicago offense in need of playmakers.

27. Panthers DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis 21st (-6) 21st / 27th

With DeShaun Foster signed, the Panthers aren't looking for a back to carry the load. But with Foster's lack of durability, a prospect with Williams' penchant for production has to be enticing. Williams left Memphis as the NCAA's career leader in all-purpose yardage (7,573 yards).

28. Jaguars Nick Mangold C Ohio State 32nd (+4) 28th / NR

Brad Meester is a solid center and, just as important, the team feels he can slide over to play guard. Vince Manuwai was a disappointment at left guard last year, so Jacksonville might jump at Mangold, a rare center almost universally graded as a first-round talent.

29. Jets

(from Denver) Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College NR NR

With the Jets unloading John Abraham, a pass rusher to replace him is certainly a need and Kiwanuka has 37.5 career sacks against top competition. If Nick Mangold were to make it here, he would make sense as well.

30. Colts Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota 29th (-1) 24th / 30th

Maroney's vision and smooth running style make him a natural fit for the Colts, who are looking toward the draft as they seek a replacement for Edgerrin James.

31. Seahawks Tye Hill CB Clemson 19th (-12) 15th / 31st

Though he is considered one of the top man-to-man cornerbacks in the draft, Hill's lack of size and hands for the interception could drop him down the board. Seattle, which elected to release 2005 starter Andre Dyson, will look to the draft for defensive back depth.

32. Steelers LenDale White RB USC 27th (-5) 23th / 32nd

White is talented enough to be drafted considerably earlier, but off-field concerns and a lack of need at the position for most teams could drop him. Pittsburgh would love to see White -- often compared to Jerome Bettis -- available at this point.

Richard Marshall

The first pick you cannot argue in terms of who is available, needs, and the fact that this mock doesn't include trades (which most don't). However, in the second slot with both Watson and Jean-Gilles available you would almost assuredly take one of them, more than likely taking Watson at the spot. That way you can hope Gilles falls to 35 and if not you could always take someone like Spencer there as well.

Would it be possible for us to pass up lendale white at #29 if he was still there? If it fell like this it would be great for us, aside from mangold being picked right before us, all the guys we've been talking about for that 2nd pick are still there.

Would it be possible for us to pass up lendale white at #29 if he was still there? If it fell like this it would be great for us, aside from mangold being picked right before us, all the guys we've been talking about for that 2nd pick are still there.
man i hope not this kid is a monster we all seen what he did to mike huff ,stiff armed him right off his feet and pile drived him on his head ,damn that looked like it hurt. if we have a chance to take him we should the kid is a big time bruser

Archived