*** College Game Day 11-19 ***

Beerfish

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

Caleb Williams is not eligible this year but within 3-4 years he will be the best QB in the NFL. He just turned 20 yesterday and I can't find any flaws in his game.    

He threw a pass right into the middle that was picked off because he did not see the LB.  NFL d's are so so much better than college it is not close.

I'll agree that Williams is the best of the bunch but D's that USC and Oklahoma see are pretty bad.

It will all depend on what situation he or any of these guys go to.

Just now, Beerfish said:

He threw a pass right into the middle that was picked off because he did not see the LB.  NFL d's are so so much better than college it is not close.

I'll agree that Williams is the best of the bunch but D's that USC and Oklahoma see are pretty bad.

It will all depend on what situation he or any of these guys go to.

It was just one play...happens to everyone. This kid has it all, good size, incredible arm, accurate, pocket presence, can run, doesn't turn it over and he always seems so calm and in control. 

He's a natural and two days ago he was a teenager. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I love it, the old ice the kicker thing back fires once again.  Guy is short with the field goal but Kelly had called a last second timeout, next kick good!

This game is as advertised, hopefully it lives up to the TCU game. 

• Upvote 2

This game is as advertised, hopefully it lives up to the TCU game. 

Have not seen you around here in  a while.  Good to see you back.

Been a really good college football Saturday so far.  Maybe not a lot of great matchups on paper, but TCU-Baylor, Michigan-Illinois,  our game, OSU, USC-UCLA and S Car - Tenn is a really good game so far.  Spencer Rattler showing why he ws a 5* out of HS going toe to toe with Hendon Hooker.  

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, RobR said:

It was just one play...happens to everyone. This kid has it all, good size, incredible arm, accurate, pocket presence, can run, doesn't turn it over and he always seems so calm and in control. 

He's a natural and two days ago he was a teenager. 

Yup.  Not many guys playing on Sundays can make a throw like this one.  USC will be dangerous if they win out.  They would have as good a shot as anyone with Wiliams.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Not many guys playing on Sundays can make a throw like this one.  USC will be dangerous if they win out.  They would have as good a shot as anyone with Wiliams.

He reminds me of Vince Young, before Vince Young went crazy. No matter how hard I try I can't find any flaws in his game.

• Upvote 1

He reminds me of Vince Young, before Vince Young went crazy. No matter how hard I try I can't find any flaws in his game.

I think Young was a better runner, but Wiliams can beat you with his legs and can create off script, which is why I wouldnot want to play USC in the playoffs.  OSU is also really good, but Stroud does not have the ability to create out of chaos the way Wiliams does.  USC scares me.

• Upvote 2

That one throw was Mahommes like but we've seen zac Wilson make a throw or two close to that as well.

This indeed has been a good college year.  I do not have a fav college team but as a whole I like college football and basketball better than the pros.  Simply for viewing and the rules.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

I think Young was a better runner, but Wiliams can beat you with his legs and can create off script, which is why I wouldnot want to play USC in the playoffs.  OSU is also really good, but Stroud does not have the ability to create out of chaos the way Wiliams does.  USC scares me.

Now we get to see how he responds in the spotlight. That was one aspect that sold me on Vince Young, he always played big when it counted. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That one throw was Mahommes like but we've seen zac Wilson make a throw or two close to that as well.

This indeed has been a good college year.  I do not have a fav college team but as a whole I like college football and basketball better than the pros.  Simply for viewing and the rules.

He just flicked it 45+ yards down the field.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think this season, moreso than any other season in the past 10 years, the playoff is wide open.  After watching all of the top 4 teams struggle today, I don't think there is any clear cut favorite.  I am not sold on TCU, but Georgia, OSU, Michigan, USC, Clemson, even LSU if they beat us in two weeks.  Any of these teams can be beat, but any of them can also win the playoffs.  It is pretty wide open as of now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Tennessee down 25 in the 4th quarter and Hendon Hooker out with a non-contact knee injjury.  Barring anything crazy, their playoff hopes are coing to an end tonight.

Hope Hooker is alright. He's worked hard and done some great things. 

• Upvote 2