WILL LEVIS QB KENTUCKY 2023

TNJet

Seen this kid play in the SEC for 2 seasons out of Kentucky. Being a Tennessee fan, he has played my Vols tough. Will has a cannon of an arm, toughness, good athleticism as he had several rushing TDs also. 6-4, 232. Reminds me of Cutler in his skill set but not in his work ethic. Jay was a lazy douche. I might take a chance on this kid he's said he could be a mid to late first rounder due to his subpar senior year, he had a much better junior season. If he's there at 18 or 20 we're we pick I'd draft him to compete with White next year. Watching his arm talent on youtube in his highlights is pretty impressive when you think of the wrs he'd have here.

• Upvote 1

Man, couldnt disagree more.  If there is one QB that I would absolutely not touch w/ a 10 foot pole it's Levis.  He's just, not good.  I mean, I dont know what else to say about it, he's just not a good QB and I feel like this is another one of the guys draftniks fall in love w/ because he's big and tall and strong arm and yadayada stuff that actually doesnt set him apart at all from other prospects.  He's stiff, cant get away from pressure, he doesnt see the field well at all, he's turnover prone, and he was abysmal vs the SEC.  All his good games came vs. directional schools.  Dude sucks out loud IMO.

And I gotta admit, I'm shocked you're endorsing him.  No offense, but Tenn. defense sucks and they completely and utterly embarrassed Levis this year.  He threw for under a 100 yards, 3 picks, no TD's.

Florida's defense was the worst I've ever seen, legit, not being hyperbolic, the worst D in the history of the program went into Lexington and he could barely complete passes, the only TD on the day for the offense was vs. blown coverage, otherwise, he was atrocious.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Man, couldnt disagree more.  If there is one QB that I would absolutely not touch w/ a 10 foot pole it's Levis.  He's just, not good.  I mean, I dont know what else to say about it, he's just not a good QB and I feel like this is another one of the guys draftniks fall in love w/ because he's big and tall and strong arm and yadayada stuff that actually doesnt set him apart at all from other prospects.  He's stiff, cant get away from pressure, he doesnt see the field well at all, he's turnover prone, and he was abysmal vs the SEC.  All his good games came vs. directional schools.  Dude sucks out loud IMO.

And I gotta admit, I'm shocked you're endorsing him.  No offense, but Tenn. defense sucks and they completely and utterly embarrassed Levis this year.  He threw for under a 100 yards, 3 picks, no TD's.

Florida's defense was the worst I've ever seen, legit, not being hyperbolic, the worst D in the history of the program went into Lexington and he could barely complete passes, the only TD on the day for the offense was vs. blown coverage, otherwise, he was atrocious.

I haven’t dug deep but when I saw Levis I was not impressed by his pocket management. Really hope a team thinks they can turn him into Josh Allen and takes him well before Joe Douglas has a chance to fall in love with the arm talent.

I think there’s a distinction between a raw quarterback who has tools but needs development and an athlete with a big arm who plays quarterback, if that makes sense. There are just some inherent keys to playing the position - pocket navigation, eye discipline, decision making - I think you can kind of get away with in college if you’re a big freak but guys don’t really pick up in the pros if they don’t have a feel for it.

But somehow NFL teams don’t separate those guys at all. It’s do you have an arm and movement skills and if so I can teach you the rest. I genuinely believe a lot of it can’t be taught. I guess you can improve upon things and mitigate them somewhat, but a guy who doesn’t feel pressure isn’t going to become good at feeling pressure and a guy who struggles when pressured is going to struggle when pressured.

Rant aside I haven’t seen a ton of Levis and won’t dive too deep, but of what I did see he’s an athlete playing quarterback and just lacks that natural feel for the position. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

Sounds like a Jet to me! Get it done JD! lol

• Haha 1

I like the talent and can acknowledge that his struggles this year can be attributed to injury. That being said, a lot of his film scares me. Plus with him being older already, he'll likely be 25 by the time he's ready to take the field. 

Really only feeling Bryce Young this year, but his size concerns me. I also like somebody like Richardson you can develop behind the scenes for a bit, but not for the wrong price. Just feel like '24 is going to be the year to draft for us. 

Not a fan of Levis at all, ton of physical skill but there is literally no way to know what is or is not going to translate.

Looking at how the draft classes have shaken out since we took Sam and its clear how there is literally no way to tell which guy is going to make it and who isnt, with the exception of someone like Lawerence who was a clear cut #1 overall pick.  Baker, Sam, Allen, Kyler, Zach, Fields and Lance all had completely different skill sets, experience levels, and faced different levels of competition.

Allen's senior season is a great example because he was absolutely atrocious against good competition, struggled with completion % and was really a skill set evaluation yet somehow put it all together to become an elite QB.  Could that be Levis - sure, but I just dont see the risk-reward with taking one of these guys in the top 10.

JD has built a great roster here with elite skill position players on offense, an elite CB and a solid DL.  I would rather that we continue to build the defense and OL and sign either Carr or Minshew and then draft a QB in the middle rounds every other year.  That simply increases your odd of finding a Dak or Hurts because the numbers say that its equally likely to do so in the 2nd-4th round as it is in the 2-15 range.  

21 hours ago, derp said:

I haven’t dug deep but when I saw Levis I was not impressed by his pocket management. Really hope a team thinks they can turn him into Josh Allen and takes him well before Joe Douglas has a chance to fall in love with the arm talent.

I think there’s a distinction between a raw quarterback who has tools but needs development and an athlete with a big arm who plays quarterback, if that makes sense. There are just some inherent keys to playing the position - pocket navigation, eye discipline, decision making - I think you can kind of get away with in college if you’re a big freak but guys don’t really pick up in the pros if they don’t have a feel for it.

But somehow NFL teams don’t separate those guys at all. It’s do you have an arm and movement skills and if so I can teach you the rest. I genuinely believe a lot of it can’t be taught. I guess you can improve upon things and mitigate them somewhat, but a guy who doesn’t feel pressure isn’t going to become good at feeling pressure and a guy who struggles when pressured is going to struggle when pressured.

Rant aside I haven’t seen a ton of Levis and won’t dive too deep, but of what I did see he’s an athlete playing quarterback and just lacks that natural feel for the position. 

See, I dont even see an athlete.  He's just a good sized dude w/ IMO, an average arm.  He's got nice touch, throws a pretty ball, but I dont see anything special in his arm.  This is one of those 1st round guys, that I just truly dont understand why but could be wrong.  I havent really dived into why he seems mediocre, maybe it's something Kentucky does but idk man, nothing he doesnt overly impresses me and I've seen him come up way to short vs. terrible D's for my taste.  I'd take AR over him 100 out of 100 times because at least I know I'm drafting the best athlete in the class and a top 1% in the league. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

See, I dont even see an athlete.  He's just a good sized dude w/ IMO, an average arm.  He's got nice touch, throws a pretty ball, but I dont see anything special in his arm.  This is one of those 1st round guys, that I just truly dont understand why but could be wrong.  I havent really dived into why he seems mediocre, maybe it's something Kentucky does but idk man, nothing he doesnt overly impresses me and I've seen him come up way to short vs. terrible D's for my taste.  I'd take AR over him 100 out of 100 times because at least I know I'm drafting the best athlete in the class and a top 1% in the league. 

Listen, I'm not saying he's a day 1 starter or even a great QB but I do for a fact think he'd be better day 1 than ZW. He'd be great to add to compete with Mike White in camp to keep pushing him to get better.1 reason is the competition in the SEC helps, ZW was in the MW playing CC school defenses. Yes Levis has looked like crap in a few games even against my Vols crap D. But you're wrong about the arm, look on youtube highlights some passes are extreme cannon balls right on time right in the endzone. Arm strength is like Jay Cutler. Better than AR any day lol. AR is a headcase that can't put all his talent together, and we already have that in ZW. Hooker is a better option than either one to be honest, but the knee injury worries me.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Listen, I'm not saying he's a day 1 starter or even a great QB but I do for a fact think he'd be better day 1 than ZW. He'd be great to add to compete with Mike White in camp to keep pushing him to get better.1 reason is the competition in the SEC helps, ZW was in the MW playing CC school defenses. Yes Levis has looked like crap in a few games even against my Vols crap D. But you're wrong about the arm, look on youtube highlights some passes are extreme cannon balls right on time right in the endzone. Arm strength is like Jay Cutler. Better than AR any day lol. AR is a headcase that can't put all his talent together, and we already have that in ZW. Hooker is a better option than either one to be honest, but the knee injury worries me.

I've seen plenty of Levis and we're just going to disagree on him as a prospect.  Like, I really really dont like him at all.  So I wouldnt even remotely consider him in the first round or probably any round unless you're good w/ understanding he's a project and probably nothing more than a back up.  There is way too much to work on IMO.  His footwork is a mess, his vision sucks, he cant handle pressure at all, he bails and drifts and doesnt know when his drop back ends.  Sound familiar?  lol  His ball placement is inconsistent to bad.  I strongly disagree he has a cannon.  He has a nice quick, effortless release and can throw it far.  He does a good job of putting it out there and leading his WR's and let them run under it but I dont see any frozen ropes type of throws to even sniff that of a Jay Cutler type cannon, or AR.  AR struggles w/ touch because he throws lasers to every level.  Levis is a timing, rhythm passer w/ decent anticipation who needs everything around him to be perfect.  I could go on but you get the point. Me no likey.

I'd take Hooker over him in a heartbeat.  No question.

And if we're taking pure projects on traits, 100% you take AR over him.  AR is a 1% type freak.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

I've seen plenty of Levis and we're just going to disagree on him as a prospect.  Like, I really really dont like him at all.  So I wouldnt even remotely consider him in the first round or probably any round unless you're good w/ understanding he's a project and probably nothing more than a back up.  There is way too much to work on IMO.  His footwork is a mess, his vision sucks, he cant handle pressure at all, he bails and drifts and doesnt know when his drop back ends.  Sound familiar?  lol  His ball placement is inconsistent to bad.  I strongly disagree he has a cannon.  He has a nice quick, effortless release and can throw it far.  He does a good job of putting it out there and leading his WR's and let them run under it but I dont see any frozen ropes type of throws to even sniff that of a Jay Cutler type cannon, or AR.  AR struggles w/ touch because he throws lasers to every level.  Levis is a timing, rhythm passer w/ decent anticipation who needs everything around him to be perfect.  I could go on but you get the point. Me no likey.

I'd take Hooker over him in a heartbeat.  No question.

And if we're taking pure projects on traits, 100% you take AR over him.  AR is a 1% type freak.

Oh yeah I'd prefer Hooker also just playing what ifs here, thats the mock draft way. Wouldn't be upset if we took AR either I just feel like he's more of a project than the other 2 and i'm done with projects lol.....Bottom line I just want some fresh meat in here to make sure and run ZW out of NY. He's the worst I've ever seen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Oh yeah I'd prefer Hooker also just playing what ifs here, thats the mock draft way. Wouldn't be upset if we took AR either I just feel like he's more of a project than the other 2 and i'm done with projects lol.....Bottom line I just want some fresh meat in here to make sure and run ZW out of NY. He's the worst I've ever seen.

I don’t think Wilson needs help running out of NY. The one thing he’ll leave here having down successfully and completely is running himself out of town all on his own.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't touch Levis either. It almost feels like this time of year everyone just looks at physical traits and just ignores whether they can play QB or not. The Jets certainly don't have a plan or program in place to develop a QB, so if we end up going the draft a QB route, it'd preferably be someone who's had significant reps (not levis) and someone who has a fairly good understanding of how to play QB now (also not Levis)

• Upvote 3

On 12/30/2022 at 9:39 AM, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Wouldn't touch Levis either. It almost feels like this time of year everyone just looks at physical traits and just ignores whether they can play QB or not. The Jets certainly don't have a plan or program in place to develop a QB, so if we end up going the draft a QB route, it'd preferably be someone who's had significant reps (not levis) and someone who has a fairly good understanding of how to play QB now (also not Levis)

He does have good stats in the premier college football league with the best defenses. Helps a little. But hey anyone will be better than ZW, keep that in mind.

14 hours ago, TNJet said:

He does have good stats in the premier college football league with the best defenses. Helps a little. But hey anyone will be better than ZW, keep that in mind.

He really doesnt tough.  He extremely average vs. the SEC and is very turnover prone vs. good D's.   He beat up the other conferences.  This is his career vs. the SEC:

Passing Rushing Receiving Tackles
Split Value Cmp Att Pct Yds TD Int Rate Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
  SEC 248 386 64.2 2639 21 15 131.9 110 179 1.6 6 1 15 15.0 0 2 0 2 0.0 0.0

Sucks vs. the other big boys too:

Split Value Cmp Att Pct Yds TD Int Rate Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk
  Big Ten 67 116 57.8 815 3 3 120.1 143 441 3.1 6 0 0   0 0 1 1 0.0 0.0

24/18 vs. the good teams, I'm sorry, sucks.  He's just not good but yo...

vs the chumps of the league?  Sure, looks like he can play, lol 

Conference ACC 25 37 67.6 337 2 0 161.9 19 103 5.4 4 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
  Ind 21 31 67.7 419 4 1 217.4 4 11 2.8 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
  MAC 39 58 67.2 606 7 1 191.4 16 -28 -1.8 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0
  Sun Belt 18 26 69.2 367 4 1 230.9 4 -6 -1.5 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0.0 0.0

More Will Levis Pages

• Upvote 1

His stats are bad.

His film is bad.

He has 46 total passing TDs in his college career 

Bryce Young had 47 last year alone in the same SEC.

He shows an inability to read the field or go through his progressions and when his first read isn't  there he panic runs.

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

He really doesnt tough.  He extremely average vs. the SEC and is very turnover prone vs. good D's.   He beat up the other conferences.  This is his career vs. the SEC:

More Will Levis Pages

You didn't count his 6 rushing TDs against SEC. 30/18. Draft this beast!

18 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

His stats are bad.

His film is bad.

He has 46 total passing TDs in his college career 

Bryce Young had 47 last year alone in the same SEC.

He shows an inability to read the field or go through his progressions and when his first read isn't  there he panic runs.

And Josh Allen only 56% completion percentage at Wyoming

?

18 hours ago, JiFields said:

More Will Levis Pages

Didn’t have Wandale Robinson his #1 Wr this year and a bunch of his OL were injured or left for NFL.  

13 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

And Josh Allen only 56% completion percentage at Wyoming

?

The fact that you think this a legit response shows a general lack of folds in your brain matter.

One QB playing like **** and then being a huge statistical outlier in the NFL should definitely lead to NFL GMs employing a strategy that includes targeting objectively bad QBs with bad stats, tendancies, and film like Levis. That's totally a recipe for success.

You deserve to watch Levis fall to us, us to stupidly draft him and then be forced to watch him bust which is about 90 to 95% likely.

• Haha 2

On 12/31/2022 at 5:53 PM, VJphillyfan said:

No I like QBs who play against top competition and have physical tools.  I’ll let you guys continue to drool over undersized clowns like Zach and Baker or glorified option qbs like Mariota

I hate Zach and Baker always have. Mariota is not bad on a good team.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:53 PM, VJphillyfan said:

No I like QBs who play against top competition and have physical tools.  I’ll let you guys continue to drool over undersized clowns like Zach and Baker or glorified option qbs like Mariota

You can barely  call what he did play... playing poorly against stiff competition isnt sn accomplishment.

46 TDs over a near 4 full seasons in college is atrocious for what is being mocked as a first round draft pick.

Have you actually watched any film breakdown on him. All he has is size, he's a one read QB who fails to go through his progressions or read defenses.

I'd like to hear an actual defense of him detailing what he does well because all I've heard are exuses for why he has sucked. Apparently it doesn't matter because he will magically become good at the QB position in the NFL even thoigh he showed very little in college.

Josh Allen also sucking in college isnt a defense it's s whataboutism and has nothing to do with Levis.

7 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

You can barely  call what he did play... playing poorly against stiff competition isnt sn accomplishment.

46 TDs over a near 4 full seasons in college is atrocious for what is being mocked as a first round draft pick.

Have you actually watched any film breakdown on him. All he has is size, he's a one read QB who fails to go through his progressions or read defenses.

I'd like to hear an actual defense of him detailing what he does well because all I've heard are exuses for why he has sucked. Apparently it doesn't matter because he will magically become good at the QB position in the NFL even thoigh he showed very little in college.

Josh Allen also sucking in college isnt a defense it's s whataboutism and has nothing to do with Levis.

“Only 46tds oh my Gawd!” — love how you conveniently leave out the fact that he only played 2 full seasons in college as he was a transfer out of Penn State and back up while at Penn State

And his completion percentage facing top competition in the SEC was good.   66% and 65% in his Junior and senior years 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JiFields said:

Those stats include his year w/ Wan'Dale.

64% completion percentage facing only SEC.  And yes, you have to take into account he was playing on Kentucky which has nowhere near the supporting cast the other SEC rosters have.  

That’s why you people drool over Justin Fields and now Cj Stroud and any other clown qbs out of Ohio St throwing to multiple future pro bowl NFL WRs every year.  That’s why Justin Fields goes from throwing 5 tds in a college fb playoff game to get can’t even crack 100 yds passing yesterday 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

64% completion percentage facing only SEC.  And yes, you have to take into account he was playing on Kentucky which has nowhere near the supporting cast the other SEC rosters have.  

That’s why you people drool over Justin Fields and now Cj Stroud and any other clown qbs out of Ohio St throwing to multiple future pro bowl NFL WRs every year.  That’s why Justin Fields goes from throwing 5 tds in a college fb playoff game to get can’t even crack 100 yds passing yesterday 

Kentucky is a consistent top 20 recruiting program, he's throwing to 4/3 stars and handing off to 4/3 stars, no different than any other SEC program not named Bama or Georgia.  Tim Tebow graduated as the most efficient passer in the history of the SEC.  His comp % is meaningless.  The idea that all you have to do is look at 1 stat to make a determination is no offense, stupid and lazy.  So, your singular focus on his comp %, obviously comes nowhere close to telling the whole story.  It's a much more nuanced analysis then, yo peep his comp%, which is why I broke his entire game down in my initial post.

Your silly strawman argument doesnt hep your case and is completely irrelevant and is just another shallow and lazy position to help your "argument".  Besides, you're probably the same dude who was calling Josh Allen a RB 2 years ago while ignoring this clear and obvious developments as a passer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

There is a 0.00000001% chance that JD drafts Levis, and rightfully so.   There is no way that you try to wash away the Zach Wilson stink by drafting Will Levis in the first round just two seasons later.  Not happening, never going to happen.  

Hey stranger!  Where you been???  Did I miss your return???  

• Upvote 1