Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oof.

Insight so on-point I’m wondering if it’s because you’re seeing it first-hand as part if their team, too.

This doesn’t make sense.  If I was on their scum team being bussed, making them the next to fall would be counter productive. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Digging your heels in on this is a bad look. Deputy is the sane as back-up, and we’ve definitely had backups of scum roles. 

Honestly, you’re all ******* stupid. I just read this whole mess and all you morons can do is argue over what wiki says and the meta of old games? Bad form.

Badic mafia principles are 1.) observe the new info, and 2.) pursue additional info to vet it. There’s nothing in mafia that benefits from assumptions.

BTW, Principle 3.) vote pac

OMG. 

Deputy is a back up . Agreed. Specifically a back  up cop/investigator , it’s a pretty good stretch to make it generic to just be back up, any back up. 

Second part is true. Nobody is scum hunting or kicking in doors. 

I also struggle with the logic of a trap isn’t standard so the role associated isn’t standard. A trap is a trap a role is a role. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I've never got the cop role and always wanted it. Obviously a fun PR to have. Now I finally get close to it as a deputy and a stupid trap reveals it - making it super unlikely I get to use it. But the cherry on top is all this garbage churning over whether it might be a scum role. Yea - I suppose it could. There could be a godfather in the game too. It's D1 ****faces.

Reminds me of the time I finally drew a cool role as serial killer and the entire game was FING millers.

I hate all of you.

Nobody cares about what you want. So if your role changed when you got told in the thread by Nolder you are deputy  why did you reveal your original role? If you were excited about being almost cop why did you seem cranky in thread when you revealed? Just odd. 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OMG. 

Deputy is a back up . Agreed. Specifically a back  up cop/investigator , it’s a pretty good stretch to make it generic to just be back up, any back up. 

Second part is true. Nobody is scum hunting or kicking in doors. 

I also struggle with the logic of a trap isn’t standard so the role associated isn’t standard. A trap is a trap a role is a role. 

Scum would want to raise a fart cloud around deputy role so doc doesn’t protect him N1. Town loses backup cop first night and is butt banged when mafia finds real cop.

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, it could be that the trap tells the game you have a role if value, even if not true. Hence it being a trap.

If you are vanilla town, then the right play was to just accept the deputy label and let scum target you. That saves real power roles from N1. 

Oh well, I got here too late to stop the collective, idiotic pant-wetting

Perfect logic above. Stating you have some sort of control or leadership role over the game and they are incapable without is a bad look. You sound like Jim Jones with a pitcher of purple drank. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Verbal said:

I didn't say we've seen a "scum Deputy", I said we've seen scum investigator roles before.....and deputy is just a backup to an investigator role.  Don't make more of it than it is.  He's a deputy.....something.

This is how I used to sound when I came back from a weekend to 30 pages during JN's heyday.  Now get off my ******* lawn.

Cautiously optimistic, that's about it.

Deputy is a back up cop period, if it was a scum cop like a role cop it’s possible. Good look for you. Explained it well. 

19 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Disagree on your take on me. If anything I’ve felt that, joke posts aside, my volume has been low but the issues I have raised have been pretty substantive, detailed, and not of the “low hanging fruit” variety for a D1. They admittedly haven’t gained much traction, though I think the shiny object of the JiF/Barry discussion kind of becoming the all encompassing topic of the day had something to do with that.

On Pac, he’s done this I think every game I’ve played on D1. He’s useless until later on or he gets pushed in my experience.

Agreed on Beav. Mentioned it earlier, but his hopping on the Pac train right when it went from hot to melting away didn’t sit right and felt a bit like parking his vote on a dying out train.

Very good post. Rings true from what I’m seeing. One blatant lie.. Pac is not useless till later, he is useless period. I’ll take a deep look into the Bever, found it the most interesting of the reasons Ape his reads.

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Scum would want to raise a fart cloud around deputy role so doc doesn’t protect him N1. Town loses backup cop first night and is butt banged when mafia finds real cop.

Good theory but some players go to post is a fart cloud. Pretty interesting, must be a hell of a scum chat. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Easy to say harder to explain. Why?

Couple things:

1. Doc isn’t protecting a inverted deputy no matter what.

2. Scum going all-in on day 1 to create doubt about a deputy, just so they can NK him doesn’t consider the fact that the game has to finish… and everyone can go look at who created that doubt. Maybe works as an endgame.

3. Scum cannot risk targeting deputy on N1 and town having other investigative roles that might see who visits Barry.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You've been asked a question. Why afraid to answer?

You asked me the question after all of my previous replies, moron. This would be cute with relevant timing.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Couple things:

1. Doc isn’t protecting a inverted deputy no matter what.

2. Scum going all-in on day 1 to create doubt about a deputy, just so they can NK him doesn’t consider the fact that the game has to finish… and everyone can go look at who created that doubt. Maybe works as an endgame.

3. Scum cannot risk targeting deputy on N1 and town having other investigative roles that might see who visits Barry.

Who does doc protect? Himself? A rando?

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You asked me the question after all of my previous replies, moron. This would be cute with relevant timing.

Very defensive indeed to an honest question.

Gay Men Taking Notes GIF