Indiana Jones and the Stairway To Heaven Mafia - DAY 1 ( part 1 and 2- town wins)

Nolder

On 1/13/2023 at 1:05 PM, Integrity28 said:

Sorry, weekdays are way harder for me now. I am at a startup with a big team, everything is 100mph. Plus, moved my family into an apartment for a whole house remodel. 

Anyway, I have a couple issues with you trying to alpha:

The notion of “we need blood for information” is stupid. Also, in the same post you make contradictory points about d1 and dead guys and info.

The idea that a few inactive players is a big deal is silly, too. We always have inactive players.

30 pages of day one babbling is nothing, especially after a long hiatus. 

Not sure how to view any of this. Will eventually read and catch up.

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

And there it is. The minute anyone looks at this as chess instead if checkers… this moron gets spooked.

And you’re all eager to follow him as an unconfirmed townie.

This this the second time you've made it a point to discredit me. The first time was after 80 suggested I lead the town as a mod confirmed deputy and I made an attempt.

First, let's address "unconfirmed townie". While technically true there's a very low, nearly insignificant chance a deputy is not town. The chance that I'm not town can be addressed at a later time and really doesn't need to be considered at this time. It's a similar situation to a cop investigation coming back clean. Could be a godfather but unlikely. Not exactly the same but similar logic.

As someone who is not good at this game, as most people are not, I am not a great candidate to "lead the town" but being basically town confirmed does make me someone who can be useful in trying. There wasn't a lot of em enthusiasm from the players to do so despite your shade throwing comment about everyone being eager to follow me. Your second blatant attempt to discredit me.

My opinion is that the town needs to lynch someone to get information. You poo pood that idea and instead have subjected us to a bunch of sh*t slinging leading to no where. What you call "chess". This appears to be clearly leading us down the path of a no lynch d1.

For those of you who are town I suggest we consolidate pretty quickly on a lynch. Ape seems like a fine candidate to me.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. That’s why JiF wanting to Lynch him Is silly, Ape was 100% spot in with letting scum handle it. If they don’t then we do, 

Meh, wifom but I wouldnt be in rush to get rid of Barry, if I were scum, I be hunting for bigger game but I also have enormous balls and suck very bad as scum, so there is that

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When Pac or JiF are doc they self-protect every night regardless.  

3 minutes ago, JiFields said:

A doc leaving himself open to protect, the "deputy", would be incredibly stupid.

I was doc once, cop was outed on like day 2 (Nyn), didnt protect her once the entire game. lol 

See what I mean?  lmao.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Crusher made a comment in the thread early that he "wasn't sure" whether one could edit. No one followed up or responded so I figured non-substantive edits were fine. But know that I know, I won't even do that.

fwiw, I do them all the time on jokey posts but wont on a game related post, if it's a bad edit, just quote that post and say what I meant

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh I waited 33 years to have sex.  That about sums me up!

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

stay out sci-fi GIF by Alpha

Maybe it’s naughty to share the background.  Since when have the rules held you back?  Come on!  One little background fact. It feels good to share- as 80 would have told us in his 33rd year!  

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

"That tracks" in the gif search. No idea. Do you?

Yes. Her name is Abriya she’s an “online personality”. I know her for guest DMing for the online Dungeons & Dragons show Critical Role which you may not have heard of but possibly watched the animated version of their first campaign on Amazon Prime titled The Legend of Vox Machina.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

A doc leaving himself open to protect, the "deputy", would be incredibly stupid.

I was doc once, cop was outed on like day 2 (Nyn), didnt protect her once the entire game. lol 

Well, unless deputies respawn, that's kind of our insurance policy, no? But I think I see the point that until and if the cop eats it, the deputy is just vanilla and can be dealt with anytime. So scum may prefer to go fishing hoping to hit a PR N1. But then if they get lucky and hit the doc and see he's protected, then they got him pegged. Right?

Of course, until we test the trap mechanism, how do we know whether Barry is both the cop and his own deputy? ;) 

• More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Yes. Her name is Abriya she’s an “online personality”. I know her for guest DMing for the online Dungeons & Dragons show Critical Role which you may not have heard of but possibly watched the animated version of their first campaign on Amazon Prime titled The Legend of Vox Machina.

Nearly every word of this confuses me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nolder said:

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Well, unless deputies respawn, that's kind of our insurance policy, no? But I think I see the point that until and if the cop eats it, the deputy is just vanilla and can be dealt with anytime. So scum may prefer to go fishing hoping to hit a PR N1. But then if they get lucky and hit the doc and see he's protected, then they got him pegged. Right?

Of course, until we test the trap mechanism, how do we know whether Barry is both the cop and his own deputy? ;) 

As I said to Crusher, if I were scum, I'd go big game hunting and yes, you would be safe to assume as scum if you hit a protection it's the Doc.  However, we also have "vests" that give a certain amount of protections, so it's not a 100% and/or the really off chance a Doc just protected at random but that's like something 80 would do or something or otherwise would never happen

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Maybe it’s naughty to share the background.  Since when have the rules held you back?  Come on!  One little background fact. It feels good to share- as 80 would have told us in his 33rd year!  

Your scum through and through...

I See You Wtf GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This this the second time you've made it a point to discredit me. The first time was after 80 suggested I lead the town as a mod confirmed deputy and I made an attempt.

First, let's address "unconfirmed townie". While technically true there's a very low, nearly insignificant chance a deputy is not town. The chance that I'm not town can be addressed at a later time and really doesn't need to be considered at this time. It's a similar situation to a cop investigation coming back clean. Could be a godfather but unlikely. Not exactly the same but similar logic.

As someone who is not good at this game, as most people are not, I am not a great candidate to "lead the town" but being basically town confirmed does make me someone who can be useful in trying. There wasn't a lot of em enthusiasm from the players to do so despite your shade throwing comment about everyone being eager to follow me. Your second blatant attempt to discredit me.

My opinion is that the town needs to lynch someone to get information. You poo pood that idea and instead have subjected us to a bunch of sh*t slinging leading to no where. What you call "chess". This appears to be clearly leading us down the path of a no lynch d1.

For those of you who are town I suggest we consolidate pretty quickly on a lynch. Ape seems like a fine candidate to me.

I skimmed this.

I am not going to be accountable for you not accepting that being called a “deputy” by a trap is not mod confirmation. 

Im discrediting you 100%, because you’re a historically awful player.

I am not discrediting you as a town voice though, I am simply explaining the basic tenets of game play and how a handful of people here calling to mod confirmed are wrong, and what they should know about his the game is played. If you want to hunt, go for it, but as we see here with you going after me… you should not be leading anyone anywhere.

22 minutes ago, Nolder said:

nerds GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

I remember when I first started playing and I’d talk openly about all the cool sh*t I imagined… and guys like smc, slats and ctm emptied their bowels about it.

• Haha 2