What a Terrible Idea MLB is Considering!

32EBoozer

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

The topic is realignment and relocation. Relative to our area, if anyone is going to relocate out, it's not going to be the one that's the greatest franchise in the history of American sports. It's going to be the one that's a wannabe loser franchise. Maybe you can take your delusions of grandeur to Nashville with you guys.

Who hurt you?

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2023 at 12:16 PM, JetPotato said:

The topic is realignment and relocation. Relative to our area, if anyone is going to relocate out, it's not going to be the one that's the greatest franchise in the history of American sports. It's going to be the one that's a wannabe loser franchise. Maybe you can take your delusions of grandeur to Nashville with you guys.

FYI…a wannabe is someone who longs to be something they can’t be. So  if you feel the Mets are”wannabe losers” you are saying that they are winners. Didn’t know we were dealing with the Riddler here.?

• More Ugh 1

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

And they should get their 1995 World Series banner that they feel was stolen from them.

Even though the Yankees were going to win it all that year.  :)

Even more tragic:  Griffey had 40 HR when the strike hit in ‘94.  He may well have been the first to get to 62 had that season played out in full.

The Kid was robbed.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even more tragic:  Griffey had 40 HR when the strike hit in ‘94.  He may well have been the first to get to 62 had that season played out in full.

The Kid was robbed.  

Ah yeah, I had the year wrong, 1994 it was.

Griffey really was the Natural. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/20/2023 at 10:47 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The Kid was robbed.  

Tony Gwynn was hitting 394.   The only person in the last 60 years with even a prayer of hitting 400

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2023 at 11:55 AM, section314 said:

I’m 65 and he is the best player I’ve ever seen besides Willie. Not even close.

I'm older and yes, Griffey and WIllie were great but i also saw Mantle in 1956, it was already after the bad knee and other injuries and he literally still could outrun the ball.

Batted over .350 that year, hit 50 something HR's in the old stadium , Whitey told me he hit an ADDITIONAL 20+ outs every season that carried 450 to CF because they pitched him outside,, knocked in 130 runs that year too, led the league in triples the year before and batted over .360 the next season and was a switch hitter.

During that period before the injuries mounted up and he couldn't throw very well anymore,, i thought he was a slightly better player than WIllie, though WIllie was truly amazing also.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Leftylarry said:

I'm older and yes, Griffey and WIllie were great but i also saw Mantle in 1956, it was already after the bad knee and other injuries and he literally still could outrun the ball in CF.

Batted over .350 that year, hit 50 something HR's in the old stadium , Whitey told me he hit an ADDITIONAL 20+ outs every season that carried 450 to CF because they pitched him outside,, knocked in 130 runs that year too, led the league in triples the year before and batted over .360 the next season and was a switch hitter.

During that period before the injuries mounted up and he couldn't throw very well anymore,, i thought he was a slightly better player than WIllie, though WIllie was truly amazing also.

3 hours ago, Leftylarry said:

I'm older and yes, Griffey and WIllie were great but i also saw Mantle in 1956, it was already after the bad knee and other injuries and he literally still could outrun the ball.

Great post. The Mick is definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of guys after 1950. From everything I’ve ever read, no body had the combination of speed and just raw power that he had.

On 2/22/2023 at 1:33 PM, Leftylarry said:

I never saw Mickey mantle play. I started watching the sh*tty Yankees with Horace Clark and after the game Abbott and Costello tv show. But my dad used to swear that Joe DiMaggio was the greatest player ever. He said he’d never dive for a ball, he’d always just be there. 

• 3 weeks later...