Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Zach Wilson is not a long term plan. If the jets get Rodgers, who's the QB in 24 and beyond? How will you aquire the equivalent prospect of a Levis or Stroud? 

Saying they're not a sure thing and silly comments like " only watching highlights" is not a real answer 

The idea is to keep any potential high end 1st rd picks so we can possible acquire one down the road. Trading 13 and 2x additional 1sts to get up to #2 for stroud is just not happening. I personally am not a fan of levis but let's say he falls and we take him. At the very least, he's not ready. He has to sit. So now you looking at zach starting in 2023, with levis behind him. And before you open your mouth, if Rodgers sees us draft a qb at 13, he'll retire on the spot. That slight alone is the sole reason he hates GB front office. No WAY jets do that with the thought they can still get AR. So your great plan is to go into 2023 with a sh*tty zach, unknown/not ready levis, and Doyle. And there is no guarantee levis develops into anything I'm 2024. What your suggesting is certainly more risky than hoping you can inspire AR to play a 2nd year.

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Nothing is screwed up if Levis or Stroud are a franchise QB 

Don't understand why any of you guys still think drafting a QB in the first 3-4 rounds is a good idea given the Jet's track record

• More Ugh 1

48 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Lol I’ll take it.   Ur giving up more draft Capitol than my example.   High second and a second or first.next year are with more than a low second and low first next year.   Rodgers doesn’t have a penchant for missing games.  I like my odds on that first

Just for giggles:

You know AR well. What would happen if the trade isn't done by the draft and the jets select a QB at 13. What do you think AR reaction would be?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

The idea is to keep any potential high end 1st rd picks so we can possible acquire one down the road. Trading 13 and 2x additional 1sts to get up to #2 for stroud is just not happening. I personally am not a fan of levis but let's say he falls and we take him. At the very least, he's not ready. He has to sit. So now you looking at zach starting in 2023, with levis behind him. And before you open your mouth, if Rodgers sees us draft a qb at 13, he'll retire on the spot. That slight alone is the sole reason he hates GB front office. No WAY jets do that with the thought they can still get AR. So your great plan is to go into 2023 with a sh*tty zach, unknown/not ready levis, and Doyle. And there is no guarantee levis develops into anything I'm 2024. What your suggesting is certainly more risky than hoping you can inspire AR to play a 2nd year.

You sign Bridgewater as a bridge and hit the ground running guns blazing with Levis/ Stroud in 24. 

They could also be great right away like Marino/ Luck although that's not likely 

42 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

You have a valid point. It's a shame to waste this young talent and yes, we're in a tough spot. But compounding 1 error (zach) with another error (mortgage everything for 1 year of AR) is a no go for me. To be clear, I want AR. I prefer we have him over any other option currently available. But there has to be a limit. An unconditional 1st is my red line. Do you understand this contract is gonna cripple our ability to make moves in 2024? Like if we don't win it all in 2023, we're doomed to suck for another 3 years after.

Not only am I aware I was never a fan of this move because of that, but we’re in too deep now to walk away now, imo.

43 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Zach Wilson is not a long term plan. If the jets get Rodgers, who's the QB in 24 and beyond? How will you aquire the equivalent prospect of a Levis or Stroud? With Rodgers the jets will challenge for the division and a deep playoff run. You're picking in the late 20s. ( It's possible Douglas trades down to aquire a first next year who knows)

Saying they're not a sure thing and silly comments like " only watching highlights" is not a real answer 

I love Stroud. I said many times before March he’s the guy I’d take when everyone loved Bryce Young. No way we’re moving up far enough for him though, so forget that nonsense.

Levis isn’t going to happen either (nor should he) as long as there’s still hope for the Rodgers deal happening.

BTW as much as you and I both feel Zach will never be “the guy”, it appears the Jets still believe in him… like it or not. ?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's going to get ugly once the draft comes and goes and the price goes up. 

Douglas is painting himself into a corner by not at least entertaining Stroud / Levis 

The price goes down after the draft. No 2023 picks is bad news for the Packers. 

But you keep to your narrative, troll. 

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

The price goes up because Douglas left with Zack frickin Wilson means Rodgers is his only option. Do you think guttenkurst is going to just be nice and demand a 2nd? No, he's going to leverage the crap out of Woody/ jd

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

It’s about overall value. They can just ask for a player and more in 24 or to give back less in 25. 

54 minutes ago, doitny said:

i agree. and i feel bad for JD and Saleh cause you cant tell me that JD who values draft picks more than his kids wanted the one guy available who would cost them draft picks. plus they didnt need to win a SB to keep their jobs, they needed playoffs this year. 

and there were a few FA QBs who could have did just that while we kept all our draft picks to continue to build this team. 

i blame Woody. he fell in love with the Rodgers idea. and now hes having 2nd thoughts cause he just realized that Rodgers contract is a team killer and isnt worth it for even 2 years but much much worst for just one year.

Woody should extend them just for sticking his nose is this cause without Rodgers we suck and they all get fired.

You don’t extend guys with W/L records they have. You give them a chance to dig themselves out of their hole, and sh*t can them if they can’t do it.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

It’s about overall value. They can just ask for a player and more in 24 or to give back less in 25. 

The longer the Packers keep Rodgers, the more desperate they will be. They miss out on 2023 draft picks and its all downhill from there. They dont want Rodgers, He doesnt want them. Its an ugly situation and a lot of money. They need to start Love. No other team is coming to the rescue for Rodgers and they arent going to accept less from another team, just to spite the Jets. That is a clown narrative by the Packers media. Rodgers is playing for the Jets or retiring. And thats bad news for the Packers, whatever way it turns out. 

7 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

The price goes up because Douglas left with Zack frickin Wilson means Rodgers is his only option. Do you think guttenkurst is going to just be nice and demand a 2nd? No, he's going to leverage the crap out of Woody/ jd

OMG I finally agree with you, lol.

He even said the current parameters of the deal will change after the draft.

8 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Dont talk to me troll. 

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The longer the Packers keep Rodgers, the more desperate they will be. They miss out on 2023 draft picks and it’s all downhill from there. They dont want Rodgers, He doesnt want them. It’s an ugly situation and a lot of money. They need to start Love. No other team is coming to the rescue for Rodgers and they arent going to accept less from another team, just to spite the Jets. That is a clown narrative by the Packers media. Rodgers is playing for the Jets or retiring. And thats bad news for the Packers, whatever way it turns out. 

Sure it hurts them, but how does the Packers being stuck with AR make our situation any better?

Who do you like as our game one starter, Zach or Boyle?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

And how does the Packers being in a really bad spot stuck with AR make our situation any better?

Who do you like as your game one starter, Zach or Boyle?

They cannot be stuck with Rodgers. That is the entire point. Not even sure why we are even talking about this. The trade will be made on draft day, after the Jets draft in the 1st round. 2 2nds and its done. 

10 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

They cannot be stuck with Rodgers. That is the entire point. Not even sure why we are even talking about this. The trade will be made on draft day, after the Jets draft in the 1st round. 2 2nds and its done. 

What makes you so sure? You read someone say that in a tweet and you choose to believe them?

If the Jets don’t meet the ask, there is absolutely no reason why GB can’t let this go past the draft, and hope another team will become interested in AR in ‘23 for ‘24&25 picks. Failing that, they can adjust their price with the Jets to an equivalent of what they want now.

GB has Rodgers. We don’t. We’re the ones without a QB and who want to win now.
They just care about draft capital and in their situation, 23 or equivalent 24 picks really don’t make a big difference.

40 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

I honestly don't think he would care, or if he did he would blame guttenkurst for being insane 

are you kidding? thats why he hated GB for drafted Love instead of helping him try to win a SB. you draft a QB at 13th and we didnt trade for him yet he wont come. 

we threw the future out the window once we went after Rodgers. every draft pick must go to help him win a SB. we wont be drafting a QB until hes gone.

my guess is that if Rodgers plays the 2 years then in 2025 we draft a QB. since we should be drafting in the mid to late 20s we will have to trade a valuable asset to move up. GW is that guy. with 2 years left he should get us into the top 10 and more picks. 

i dont want to trade GW either but we have to give up something to go from 28th to the top 10. i hope we win that SB and everybody who wanted Rodgers stays happy while we start are next rebuild in 2025 and win about 4 games for the next few years.

26 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The longer the Packers keep Rodgers, the more desperate they will be. They miss out on 2023 draft picks and it’s all downhill from there. They dont want Rodgers, He doesnt want them. It’s an ugly situation and a lot of money. They need to start Love. No other team is coming to the rescue for Rodgers and they arent going to accept less from another team, just to spite the Jets. That is a clown narrative by the Packers media. Rodgers is playing for the Jets or retiring. And thats bad news for the Packers, whatever way it turns out. 

Nope. First day of training camp, who is feeling the pressure, JD watching Zach throw bounce passes or the packers explaining why Rodgers isn’t there ?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What makes you so sure? You read someone say that in a tweet and you choose to believe them?

If the Jets don’t meet the ask, there is absolutely no reason why GB can’t let this go past the draft, and hope another team will become interested in AR in ‘23 for ‘24&25 picks. Failing that, they can adjust their price with the Jets to an equivalent of what they want now.

GB has Rodgers. We don’t. We’re the ones without a QB and who want to win now.
They just care about draft capital and in their situation, 23 or equivalent 24 picks really don’t make a big difference.

Say what in a tweet? I dont believe any of that sh*t. Especially the ones that are saying that it "HAS TO HAPPEN BEFORE THE DRAFT OR ITS NOT HAPPENING" or "THE 49ERS WILL COME IN TAKE HIM FROM THE JETS". All that crap means nothing. The only guy that has been right about anything was Trey Wingo and even he has been suspect with his last analysis. 

Why would the Jets give up a 1st round pick when we are the only ones willing to give a 2nd round pick? I dont need a tweet to tell me the obvious.

All we know for sure is, the Jets want Rodgers. Rodgers wants the Jets. The Packers dont want Rodgers. And no other team has shown any interest. And oh, JD says Rodgers will be here. 

I am not worried at all. Just dont want the Jets to be dumb and draft a QB in the 1st round. Probably the worst of the top 4. That makes absolutely ZERO sense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Just for giggles:

You know AR well. What would happen if the trade isn't done by the draft and the jets select a QB at 13. What do you think AR reaction would be?

AR is a pretty smart dude....doubt he would give a sh*t if the Jets draft a QB at 13 while the trade is still not finalized.  I'm pretty sure he'd say the Jets are just looking down the road a few years.

There's a difference between the GBP drafting a first rd QB 3 yrs ago when AR was 35-36 when he felt there were other 'needs' at the time and the potential Jets drafting of a 1st rd QB when AR is 39 and knows he's 1. Not a Jet yet and 2. probably only wants to play another 1-2 years.

He MIGHT feel differently if the trade is done before the Jets would be making pick 13...understandably so I guess as he'd want another piece of the puzzle.  But if the trade is not finalized by the time the Jets make the 13th pick?  Doubt he'd care.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You don’t extend guys with W/L records they have. You give them a chance to dig themselves out of their hole, and sh*t can them if they can’t do it.

true but Woody dug that hole. he cant or shouldnt fire his guys for doing what he wanted. 

Just now, Larz said:

Nope. First day of training camp, who is feeling the pressure, JD watching Zach throw bounce passes or the packers explaining why Rodgers isn’t there ?

And Rodgers showing up a Packers camp. That would be a fun day. Two guys who think they are starting. We dont need Rodgers until July or August. He will be here way before that.