Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Sammybighead said:

Dude you live in fantasy land. They do have to make a decision on Love. That decision has to be based on evidence, not hopes and dreams. They are gonna have to pay him 50M a year. You're not doing that with being absolutely sure he's the man. We have seen nothing from love yet that proves he's the man. You're delusional, even the packers fan disagree with you.

Just think for a second. If all you saw from Josh Allen was his rookie year, would you give him 50M?

I'm done arguing this point. It's dumb and wrong. 

The decision is love is the future. If Rodgers is the QB, the succession plan is simply pushed back. 

Again even if Rodgers is the QB for THREE MORE YEARS. they can easily hang onto Love without extending him.

Even if in your crazy hypothetical 4 years from now they can give him a 3 year deal with 2 years guaranteed. Walking away after looking at him for two years is nothing...

Again the Packers don't have to do anything 

7 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They already have decided he's the future. If Rodgers plays one more year in green bay, nothing changes. If Rodgers decided to play two more years in green bay, nothing changes, if Rodgers decided to play 3 more years in green bay, they could hypothetically just franchise love or give him a 3 year deal.

There's no situation where green bay must move on

You sound like some low information Packer fan.   Rodgers is done in GB and GB is done with him.   The divorce papers have been served and both parties are waiting for them to be signed so they can marry their new THOT...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Original terms, lol. Like anyone knows. According to packers fans, the original terms a month ago were 2x 1sts and sauce. The jets promised us!

Terms can change when new facts come to light. If you gonna buy a business today for 10M and then find out they went into bankruptcy after you started negotiating, are you still obligated to pay 10M?

New facts LOL...  Rodgers deliberately said the 90 percent bullshlt so the the Jets could renege...  Nobody on earth believes he was 90 percent retired.

6 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dude you live in fantasy land. They do have to make a decision on Love. That decision has to be based on evidence, not hopes and dreams. They are gonna have to pay him 50M a year. You're not doing that with being absolutely sure he's the man. We have seen nothing from love yet that proves he's the man. You're delusional, even the packers fan disagree with you.

Just think for a second. If all you saw from Josh Allen was his rookie year, would you give him 50M?

I'm done arguing this point. It's dumb and wrong. 

I’ll start off by saying I enjoy reading  your posts, and I like to see your opinions here, so don’t mistake my questioning one of them with a lack of respect.

I understand what you’re trying to say here, and I agree with you except for the 50mil thing. Unless you’re trying to be hyperbolic to make your point (which is fine, btw) it’s totally unrealistic.

Who is going to pay Jordan Love $50 mil without him ever playing even a portion of an NFL season? Hell, even if he played one pretty good one, we just saw Jimmy G, Derek Carr and Daniel Jones sign for less. In some cases way less. Lamar Jackson, who is way better than any of those guys can’t get it, but you’re trying to prove your point by saying Jordan Love will?

You really need to get off this 50 mil hill. It’s not the one you want to die on.

54 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

#1: correct

#2: yes gb can be upset if that's the case. But ask yourself why they're upset. They're upset because there are no other suitors cause if there were, they would tell the jets to take a hike a month ago. That's why all this won't amount to anything at the end of the day. Their only pay is to delay in hopes anyone else steps forward with a better offer. Its been 2 months. That hasn't happened. 

#3. Agreed

That's actually one more thing neither you nor I know.  

37 minutes ago, AVM said:

Packers fans when the rumor was GB changed the terms: “good, the dumb Jets have no leverage!”

Packers fans when the rumor is the Jets did the changing: “omg how could the Jets do this, this is IMMORAL AND EVIL”

I had no take on that rumor because it never made sense to me...  Why, if there were no other suitors. would GB change the agreed upon deal and INCREASE their asking price...  Use ur head man.

19 minutes ago, ptisme said:

You sound like some low information Packer fan.   Rodgers is done in GB and GB is done with him.   The divorce papers have been served and both parties are waiting for them to be signed so they can marry their new THOT...

Hes a low information bills fan, get it right

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They don't have to make a decision on love for 3 more years. 

4th year 

5th year option 

Franchise tag....

Even after if Rodgers plays for 5 more years, they can convert his contract to a roster bonus and just sign love to a 3 year extension with two years guaranteed. 

The Packers don't have to do anything man

Wrong.   Next month is the deadline to pick up his fifth year option.   If they don't he walks away after this season.   In your scenario:

1. Rodgers starts for a Packers team that will be slightly better than last season and one and done at best in the playoffs.

2. Love simmers pissed off on the bench all next year and can't get out of town fast enough as a FA after next season.

3. Packers lose out on a talented future QB and play the "will he retire" game next year and have no cap flexibility to go all in for Rodgers because they restructured all their contracts this season and pushed all that money into future caps.

Ur a Bills fan.  I understand that ur not fully aware of GB's situation.  So please read a Packers fans post who tries to enlighten you of whats at stake for the Packers.

37 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Rodgers hates guttenkurst

He doesn't hate green bay

He doesn't hate the fans

He doesn't hate his teammates

Rodgers isn't passing up on 60 mill because he hates guttenkurst

Rodgers not getting along with the Packers front office doesn't preclude him from playing for the Packers

He's a classic narcissist.  People with that condition will burn any and all bridges for revenge of the one person that slighted them.  Do some research on Rodgers disowning his entire family 10 years ago...  He's bunny in the pot vindictive...  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Jets were unable to speak with Rodgers until the “framework “ of a deal was agreed upon. In that meeting, AR might have mentioned that ‘23 could be his last year…. Similar to the “90% retired” line he stated on Macafee podcast.

Why would Jets keep to a deal predicated on AR being “all-in” for the next 2 years? Wouldn’t the deal be contingent upon the information gathered? 

Because according to that report (if true), the jets didn't change their offer after meeting with Rodgers, they changed after the McAfee show...  Do you think the topic of: "how long will you commit to us?" didn't come up in that meeting?  Jets weren't blindsided by the McAfee show because they heard first hand the week or two prior from Rodgers and NOBODY believes he was 90 percent retired.  It was a lie.   He does have a history of distorting the truth to suit his needs if you weren't aware....

12 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

The price goes up because Douglas left with Zack frickin Wilson means Rodgers is his only option. Do you think guttenkurst is going to just be nice and demand a 2nd? No, he's going to leverage the crap out of Woody/ jd

The price does go up, but not because of Zach Wilson. The Jets will trot out any mid level starter before turning the keys back over to Zach. The price really only goes up if the Jets are concerned about getting Rodgers in by X date.

I'd imagine that date to be in July, before training camp, when the Packers can get the most from the Jets. I believe it would be a 2024 first and a conditional 2025 pick based on performance in 2024.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If… we meet the Packers asking price. (who knows what that actually is though? I certainly don’t)

BTW Rodgers isn’t going to be in GB’s TC unless they want him there. You’re smart enough to know that.

If it drags out to training camp, I'd be surprised of Rodgers doesn't show up to Packers camp to make it awkward to try and force the trade. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

And none of that matters because they can fit both under the cap. 

Again the succession plan simply moves back a year. 

The money becomes an issue once Rodgers retires, not while he plays. The Packers would get hit with a massive $75m dead cap hit in 2025, a year in which they'd have no QB under contract. 

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the packers were as utterly f'cked as most fans seem to think the deal would be done already for like a 3rd and conditional 4th next year, because "The jets have all the leverage".

that sure as hell is not happening.

The jets have handled this just brutally and have given the packers some small leeway and as you say the jets will end up playing more than what they should have.  All self inflicted.

But people don't want to hear it.

It will get done, but the narrative will change and the jets will be geniuses for only giving up two 2nd round picks or something like that.

If the picks are 2024 or beyond, it's fine if the price is elevated. The value is getting Rodgers and using our top 3 picks this year.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The money becomes an issue once Rodgers retires, not while he plays. The Packers would get hit with a massive $75m dead cap hit in 2025, a year in which they'd have no QB under contract. 

Rodgers isn't retiring man. He's not passing up 60 million to smoke weed in the mountains. Well actually he might idk?

25 minutes ago, ptisme said:

He's a classic narcissist.  People with that condition will burn any and all bridges for revenge of the one person that slighted them.  Do some research on Rodgers disowning his entire family 10 years ago...  He's bunny in the pot vindictive...  

I agree with you there. Anyone who abandons his family is probably lacking empathy and tolerance 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Wrong.   Next month is the deadline to pick up his fifth year option.   If they don't he walks away after this season.   In your scenario:

1. Rodgers starts for a Packers team that will be slightly better than last season and one and done at best in the playoffs.

2. Love simmers pissed off on the bench all next year and can't get out of town fast enough as a FA after next season.

3. Packers lose out on a talented future QB and play the "will he retire" game next year and have no cap flexibility to go all in for Rodgers because they restructured all their contracts this season and pushed all that money into future caps.

Ur a Bills fan.  I understand that ur not fully aware of GB's situation.  So please read a Packers fans post who tries to enlighten you of whats at stake for the Packers.

They are picking up his 5th year option regardless of whatever Rodgers does man. Why is simple math this hard. 

8 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

They already have decided he's the future. If Rodgers plays one more year in green bay, nothing changes. If Rodgers decided to play two more years in green bay, nothing changes, if Rodgers decided to play 3 more years in green bay, they could hypothetically just franchise love or give him a 3 year deal.

There's no situation where green bay must move on

Forgive me if i missed a message along the way but I think there may be some confusion on the Rodgers contract. The Packers will have a $75m dead cap hit in 2025, the year you are saying to franchise Love. Assuming no QBs receive contracts, and the Packers used the cheapest franchise tag - you'd be talking about over $110m devoted to 1 year of QB play.

If the Packers hold Rodgers hostage, there is no shot he gives them help by retiring post June 1st to alleviate cap.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Rodgers isn't retiring man. He's not passing up 60 million to smoke weed in the mountains. Well actually he might idk?

I agree. What I'm saying, is if Rodgers continues to play (or ride the bench) the Packers would be hit with a massive dead cap hit. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Forgive me if i missed a message along the way but I think there may be some confusion on the Rodgers contract. The Packers will have a $75m dead cap hit in 2025, the year you are saying to franchise Love. Assuming no QBs receive contracts, and the Packers used the cheapest franchise tag - you'd be talking about over $110m devoted to 1 year of QB play.

If the Packers hold Rodgers hostage, there is no shot he gives them help by retiring post June 1st to alleviate cap.

Ryan @Kelly to Allen no huddle and @ptismeare 2 rambling madmen, oddly more invested into this situation then Jets fans 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's only a (dead cap hit )if he's retired or playing for someone else in 25. 

Rodgers isn't passing up the 100 million because he doesn't get along with guttenkurst.... 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Ryan @Kelly to Allen no huddle and @ptismeare 2 rambling madmen, oddly more invested into this situation then Jets fans 

You're right. The jets have all the leverage and will acquire Rodgers for a conditional 7th. Also Rodgers is playing for 10 more years and also the jets are trading for Aaron Donald for a 5th rd pick.  Meckhi Beckton is also fine and will stay healthy in his first all pro season. J....E...T...S... JETS, JETS, JETS!!!! ??????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Regarding point #1, I actually think the clock/final drop dead date for both teams is end of July just before training camp. GB cannot have him show up to camp and Jets just realistically can't go into camp without a qb. Jets waiting until September is stupid. Jets clock/pressure accelerates ahead of GB if another suitor emergeswhich AR actually agrees to play for (<1% chance). If that happens, this trade would be wrapped in a day.

Regarding point #3, I get the emotional aspect. But we're not trading Pokémon here. This is a 100M player in a multi billion business. There isn't an unlimited market for him. I'm sure there are sour grapes on both sides but the only option, as of today, appears to be these teams coming together. The draft is coming, if emotions are truly taking over negotiations, then GB would refuse to move him for any 2023 picks from NY. Will certainly be an interesting watch. 

I'm with @Mogglez, just don't care. I want AR, but getting AR also means 2024 and beyond we will stink. That cap hit is brutal. I'm not giving up a potential high 1st in 2024 when that may be my only chance to get a new, good, cheap qb. 

It makes sense to me that the final deadline for both teams is probably training camp.   Good take by u

28 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If it drags out to training camp, I'd be surprised of Rodgers doesn't show up to Packers camp to make it awkward to try and force the trade. 

The Packers can't keep him out of training camp unless he's on another team.   If he's under contract they can't lock him out.