Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Beerfish said:

No we get Derrick Carr, if not we get jimmy G (yuck) but  guess what?  We get a QB are ready to go, do not have to give draft picks, do not have to have a massive cap charge for years after the Qb leaves.

Right now we have no QB and are twisting in the wind for that reason.

Don;t worry we are going to get Rodgers and all the guys that insisted the packers had no leverage will applaud us giving up two 2nd round picks for a monumental gamble.

well carr signed before the jets were able to talk to rodgers.  and since rodgers is under contract to another team, the jets could not talk to him until after the packers gave us permission.  so no, we couldn't demand an accelerated timeline in this scenario. 

for the record, my preferred option would have been signing carr, which i previously stated on this board, but since the determination was made to go for rodgers (and i understand the thought process in going for the 1st ballot hall of famer only a year removed from back-to-back MVP awards), there was no way to make the demands you seem to think would have worked.

so taking carr out of the equation, you are left with "yuck" (your words) and assumedly options worse than "yuck".  jimmy g chose to go to vegas and reunite with mcdaniels (lord knows why), so there's no guarantee he would have come here.  of course when jimmy glass got hurt week 3, we are back to square 1 with zach.  

so if this is your grand solution, color me underwhelmed.  an injury-prone QB who's team excelled with mr irrelevant in his absence is not an equal substitution for a 1st ballot hall of famer only a year removed from back-to-back MVP seasons.  now sure, it would have given impatient fans clarity sooner on who would be the QB in 2023 (at least until jimmy glass got hurt), and yes, it would have preserved draft capital and cap space.  but not sure it really moves the needle on making the jets a contender.

so we go back to your original premise, that the jets bungled this whole thing by not insisting on a deadline.  if your goal was to get the best QB possible for 2023 (and maybe 2024), unfortunately we couldn't/can't dictate the timeline.  playing hardball beerfish style results in jimmy g or gardner minshew as the 2023 starting QB with zach waiting in the wings

if the goal was to settle the QB position as quickly as possible, remaining somewhat indifferent whether you want a hall of fame bound QB or an injury-prone journeyman, then yeah, your approach would have been best

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Correlation is not causation.

Jared Goff, Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, and Colin Kaepernick have all 'been to super bowls' in the last 10 years.  Jimmy G isn't elevating a team.  He was good that one year, but nobody is looking at him as 'the guy' anymore except the Raiders, which should say everything there is to say about that.

Jimmy g has been good is whole time when healthy. 

He also went to the nfc championship last year. How much he elevated them is up for debate

You missed the main point, jimmy g is good and was a solid plan b 

The correlation/ causation thing is silly because jimmy g has clearly helped the 49ers play at a high level, without jimmy g and a possible golden ticket in purdy they haven't been good.... By definition that's some causation 

2 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Jimmy g has been good is whole time when healthy. 

He also went to the nfc championship last year. How much he elevated them is up for debate

You missed the main point, jimmy g is good and was a solid plan b 

The correlation/ causation thing is silly because jimmy g has clearly helped the 49ers play at a high level, without jimmy g and a possible golden ticket in purdy they haven't been good.... By definition that's some causation 

The fact that Brock Purdy came in an performed at an even higher level than Jimmy with the same team suggests Jimmy wasn't the main reason for their success.  It's a really well-stocked roster.  It's arguable how much Garoppolo contributed to the run vs. enjoying the ride.  I don't have any hard answer more than anyone else.  But I did not, and would not consider him a viable plan B.  At the risk of dredging up some bad Jet memories, he's like an egg back there.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The fact that Brock Purdy came in an performed at an even higher level than Jimmy with the same team suggests Jimmy wasn't the main reason for their success.  It's a really well-stocked roster.  It's arguable how much Garoppolo contributed to the run vs. enjoying the ride.  I don't have any hard answer more than anyone else.  But I did not, and would not consider him a viable plan B.  At the risk of dredging up some bad Jet memories, he's like an egg back there.

Or purdy is just really good like jimmy g. 

In no world is an NFL offense going to be good without a good QB. Jimmy g and purdy are part of that reason. This isn't hard man 

Do you think the 49ers offense would be just as good with jp losman or Wilson

2 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Or purdy is just really good like jimmy g. 

In no world is an NFL offense going to be good without a good QB. Jimmy g and purdy are part of that reason. This isn't hard man 

Do you think the 49ers offense would be just as good with jp losman or Wilson

Bills fan recommends the NY Jets get mediocre at best QBs and squander any potential window they have... More at 11.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

As smooth as people like yourself who kept saying comp% equates to accuracy....?

Nice strawman argument but I never said that.

Unlike you I've actually formed an opinion by watching some of his games... watching film breakdown.. watching both highlights and lowlights as I evaluated the rookie QBs for dynasty. He is a one read panic running QB who can't make his way through his progressions. He has a poor processor and a tendancy to run well before he needs to. He relies on abilities that won't translate because he doesn't have it between the ears. The game is already too fast for him in college.

He is a poor mans Blake Bortles which  is a sad statement....  but hey he looks the part and is a d****bag which some people  mistake for moxie.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Nice strawman argument but I never said that.

Unlike you I've actually formed an opinion by watching some of his games... watching film breakdown.. watching both highlights and lowlights as I evaluated the rookie QBs for dynasty. He is a one read panic running QB who can't make his way through his progressions. He has a poor processor and a tendancy to run well before he needs to. He relies on abilities that won't translate because he doesn't have it between the ears. The game is already too fast for him in college.

He is a poor mans Blake Bortles which  is a sad statement....  but hey he looks the part and is a d****bag which some people  mistake for moxie.

And now you're caught lying...

Do you know who Liam Coen/ Rich Scangarello are?

Because they specifically ran a pro style offense at Kentucky the past two years that literally forces a QB to go through most reads deepest to shortest like different variations of Earnhardt -perkins....ya know that same offense Tom Brady and Josh Allen run...

He was literally not a one read rpo QB , it wasn't possible because his offense doesn't allow it. Saying he's a poor processor "who doesn't have it between the ears" too when he was accepted to numerous ivy league schools is typical...

Stop pretending to know things on the Internet, it's not a good look...Grow up dude

• More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because they specifically ran a pro style offense at Kentucky the past two years that literally forces a QB to go through most reads deepest to shortest like different variations of Earnhardt -perkins....ya know that same offense Tom Brady and Josh Allen run...

He was literally not a one read rpo QB , it wasn't possible because his offense doesn't allow it. Saying he's a poor processor "who doesn't have it between the ears" too when he was accepted to numerous ivy league schools is typical...

Stop pretending to know things on the Internet, it's not a good look...Grow up dude

Just wanted to let you know, on this forum, you're not obligated to respond to every post directed at you. Not sure how things work on 2 bills drive...

In fact, I challenge you not to respond to this post. Ready? Go!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Because they specifically ran a pro style offense at Kentucky the past two years that literally forces a QB to go through most reads deepest to shortest like different variations of Earnhardt -perkins....

He was literally not a one read rpo QB , it wasn't possible because his offense doesn't allow it. 

Lol caught lying.... nope...  more like you lack reading comprehension skills .... yeah I know what style offense he is in. I didn't say his offense didn't call for him to make reads I said he was incapable of making more than one read. 

He is a one read QB because he lacks the processing power to function in the pro style offense he was supposed to manage.

Seriously stop blowing him for a second and trying to once again strawman me as if I said he plays in an rpo offense (the transcript is right there).... and go actually watch some film breakdown and see how many times his second or third read was there.. open.. and he couldnt get it done.

Maybe you should grow up and actually... I dont know. ... look at the prospect through a critical thinking lens and actually use your brain to break down what a QB does and doesn't do well.

Does he throw his recievers with any sort of anticipation ... no.

Does he have even average mechanics and footwork for an  NFL QB... no

Does he process his reads quickly and efficiently... no

Does he have prototypical size.... yes

Does he have above average NFL arm strength ... yes

Cool the NFL is littered with the corpses of toolsy prototypical QB prospects who couldn't  actually read their progressions quickly, disect a defense  and/or have the basic footwork and mechanics down to play the game efficiently.... he is literally atrocious in the headwork and footwork aspects of the game of football  but we're gonna teach those aspects who will be 24 years old before he plays his first game in the nfl an older prospect who should already know them.

Bryce Young is 21 and does  all of mental things magnitudes better than Levis... they are practically playing different sports.... and I don't  even love Bryce Young as a prospect.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The more I think about this trade I have no clue why it’s not a simple pick swap of 13 and 15 and pick 43. Over and done with. Nothing next year and beyond.

If GB would agree to this, the trade would have been done already.  They are holding out for more.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Lol caught lying.... nope...  more like you lack reading comprehension skills .... yeah I know what style offense he is in. I didn't say his offense didn't call for him to make reads I said he was incapable of making more than one read. 

He is a one read QB because he lacks the processing power to function in the pro style offense he was supposed to manage.

Seriously stop blowing him for a second and trying to once again strawman me as if I said he plays in an rpo offense (the transcript is right there).... and go actually watch some film breakdown and see how many times his second or third read was there.. open.. and he couldnt get it done.

Maybe you should grow up and actually... I dont know. ... look at the prospect through a critical thinking lens and actually use your brain to break down what a QB does and doesn't do well.

Does he throw his recievers with any sort of anticipation ... no.

Does he have even average mechanics and footwork for an  NFL QB... no

Does he process his reads quickly and efficiently... no

Does he have prototypical size.... yes

Does he have above average NFL arm strength ... yes

Cool the NFL is littered with the corpses of toolsy prototypical QB prospects who couldn't  actually read their progressions quickly, disect a defense  and/or have the basic footwork and mechanics down to play the game efficiently.... he is literally atrocious in the headwork and footwork aspects of the game of football  but we're gonna teach those aspects who will be 24 years old before he plays his first game in the nfl an older prospect who should already know them.

Bryce Young is 21 and does  all of mental things magnitudes better than Levis... they are practically playing different sports.... and I don't  even love Bryce Young as a prospect.

Will Levis had a perfect act score....

Screenshot_2023-04-17-21-17-24-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

What's so sad about today's society is ppl just lie like this and then continually double and triple down when caught.  

I do suspect you probably watched a YouTube highlight and saw someone open and because Levis missed him, ( without you knowing any context to the call or play) interpreted this as " can't process"... 

So you're either lying or the equivalent goodwill hunting scene when called on your bull crap. 

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Will Levis had a perfect act score....

Screenshot_2023-04-17-21-17-24-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

And the film shows that when he actually needs to put that into action it does not translate.

You're sitting here telling me he can test well off the field and call a play in the huddle, great he may make a good coach some day... I'm telling you when he's actually under center the film shows he does not execute efficiently and the film shows it over and over and over again.

Does he flash here or there sure but the film is not good man.

Seriously go watch some breakdowns or even condensed gameplay videos... for every wow play there are three wtf plays... you can find videos that are all offensive snaps or just all passing plays. 

How bad Levis is made me higher on Wan'Dale as a prospect last year because if he could do it with Levis he could do it with anyone.

Here's more information from Jordan Palmer and the 33rd team... They have Levis as their #1 

Do you know why? Wait for it. His "mental ability and processing"

Do you know who runs the 33rd team. A guy named rich Gannon who ran the west coast offense under John gruden. A QB who knows everything about processing and anticipating....

3 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

And the film shows that when he actually needs to put that into action it does not translate.

You're sitting here telling me he can test well off the field and call a play in the huddle, great he may make a good coach some day... I'm telling you when he's actually under center the film shows he does not execute efficiently and the film shows it over and over and over again.

Does he flash here or there sure but the film is not good man.

Seriously go watch some breakdowns or even condensed gameplay videos... for every wow play there are three wtf plays... you can find videos that are all offensive snaps or just all passing plays. 

How bad Levis is made me higher on Wan'Dale as a prospectast year because if he could do it with Levis he could do it with anyone.

Jordan Palmer and Rich Gannon disagree with you.

Just take the L man . It's embarrassing 

Will Levis unlike these qbs in this class was taught an actual NFL offense. The growing pains and learning of that process you're interpreting as " can't process"...  You're applying an undergrad lense to a PhD program as an analogy

Ryan day , for example doesn't do that for his qbs. You see tons of spread offense where actual one reads are built into the offense....

Because you don't understand this you just talk out of your ass to look cool on a jets message board.  It's silly dude 

Just take the L 

13 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

6 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

What's so sad about today's society is ppl just lie like this and then continually double and triple down when caught.  

I do suspect you probably watched a YouTube highlight and saw someone open and because Levis missed him, ( without you knowing any context to the call or play) interpreted this as " can't process"... 

So you're either lying or the equivalent goodwill hunting scene when called on your bull crap. 

My guy this is a screenshot of what you just sent a link to. Do you see in the upper part where it says in plain english  " why im projecting Levis to be the third QB off the board and to go much higher than tape warrants."

your source is saying his tape is not good:

Screenshot_20230417-213157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71e85a8056a0bc550a2475d47cc0a865.jpg

I'm saying he is a bad prospect I do not like him because the film shows when its time to make the read and make the throws he is sub par and will not hack it in the NFL much like he didn't hack it in the SEC.

Cool you like him for some god forsaken reason and wont let any of the empirical evidence that shows he is inefficient and will not excel at the next level sway your opinion fine stan for your bad prospect.

Its not just a poor completion percentage it is literally a mile of tape showing bad tendencies in an older prospect.

Playing poorly in the SEC doesn't make him a good prospect.

Having poor mechanics doesnt make him a good prospect.

Literal film showing him misread Ds and run when he should go through his progressions does not make him a good prospect.

I emplore you to find me examples of what he excels in during actual live game environments.

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

My guy this is a screenshot of what you just sent a link to. Do you see in the upper part where it says in plain english  " why im projecting Levis to be the third QB off the board and to go much higher than tape warrants."

your source is saying his tape is not good:

Screenshot_20230417-213157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71e85a8056a0bc550a2475d47cc0a865.jpg

I'm saying he is a bad prospect I do not like him because the film shows when its time to make the read and make the throws he is sub par and will not hack it in the NFL much like he didn't hack it in the SEC.

Cool you like him for some god forsaken reason and wont let any of the empirical evidence that shows he is inefficient and will not excel at the next level sway your opinion fine stan for your bad prospect.

Its not just a poor completion percentage it is literally a mile of tape showing bad tendencies in an older prospect.

Playing poorly in the SEC doesn't make him a good prospect.

Having poor mechanics doesnt make him a good prospect.

Literal film showing him misread Ds and run when he should go through his progressions does not make him a good prospect.

I emplore you to find me examples of what he excels in during actual live game environments.

Rich Gannon and Jordan Palmer disagree with you....

Take the L man. You don't know what you're talking about. 

27 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Jordan Palmer and Rich Gannon disagree with you.

Just take the L man . It's embarrassing 

Gee Jordan Palmer... his opinion holds a lot of weight.

It's cool that you can find other people with the same poor opinion as you. You literally shared a video of Palmer going "OMG Levis is big and strong what a speciman watch this random highlight throw" and doesn't go into any of the negatives.... it was a Levis fluff piece and I just sat through the whole thing to give it a chance.

If you'd like a more balanced view that's less conjecture and more actual analysis QB school does a good job of actually breaking down plays, what the read is, progression of options, what the counter is to what the defense is showing the offense etc. He's more kind to Levis than I am thats for sure.

15 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Rich Gannon and Jordan Palmer disagree with you....

Take the L man. You don't know what you're talking about. 

You've literally posted this twice now nice job with facts and analysis... sooo he scored well on a test and a bunch of talking heads have talked themselves into him even while they mention they have to cope with his bad film.

Hope the Bills draft Levis in the 4th to be Allens fluffer, and you live happily ever after with your favorite backup QB.

Take the L man. You are relying on Jordan Palmer.

36 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Here's more information from Jordan Palmer and the 33rd team... They have Levis as their #1 

Do you know why?

Oooo ooo I know this one ...Because he's a mentally deficient "never was" who forgot Bryce Young is in this draft class.

12 hours ago, varjet said:

Over the past [5] years, but far the best value in the draft at picks 10-15 or so have been WR.

If definite franchise OTs are off the board at 13, that is what we draft, and then CD and his $10mm can be wiped clean.  

Something tells me though that the NFL figures this out and picks the WRs earlier.  London at 8 and Wilson at 10 (better) last year were great draft picks.  

JSN is the only WR I'd consider early. I think WR early has proven to be one of the safest positions to draft

47 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

You're projecting and it's cute. Now I hope you stick around. You've shared nothing but fluff pieces on your one and only Levis. When you shared the screenshot of your quote you conveniently left out the part above which laments his poor tape (a lie by omission methinks... was that not pertinent to the point you hoped to make ) and when presented with actual analysis you don't respond to it directly.

Instead you opine about people lying and tripling down but you have no lie to point to... please K2A find me the lie and quote it below for the world to see.... I'll wait.