And The Winner of the 2023 Jet Nation Mock Draft is...

Lith

Thank you for doing this mods!  Your hard work may not go noticed but it is truly appreciated for putting this on every year.

Congrats @NYJetsVets91, you absolutely DESTROYED this draft.

We should consider having special signatures or avatars for our biggest winners and worst losers each year.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@NYJetsVets91 for his draft for the Seattle Seahawks.  JetsVets found 324 points of value, plus 50 bonus points for selecting two players who were also picked by the Seahawks in the real draft (Devin Witherspoon and Kenny McIntosh).  JetsVets also had the single most valuable pick of the draft, selecting Brenton Strange with the 209th pick.  Strange was picked 61st on Friday night by the Jaguars for a total of 148 points.  

image.png

@Beerfish was our 2023 runner up with 202 points for his Texans draft.  Meaning even without the Brenton Strange pick and its 148 points, JetsVets still would have accumulated the most value points.  @PepPep was 3rd with the Broncos, I finished 4th for GB and @Dcat rounded out the top 5 with his Lions draft.

image.png

Link to the draft with value/reach points mapped in:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RxdJwk556eDwnb2du8Do9qoaVumbcT0ShFyZ7e3V5Z8/edit?usp=sharing

45 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Thank you for doing this mods!  Your hard work may not go noticed but it is truly appreciated for putting this on every year.

Congrats @NYJetsVets91, you absolutely DESTROYED this draft.

We should consider having special signatures or avatars for our biggest winners and worst losers each year.

Thanks guys. I felt pretty good about how many quality players fell to me, got pretty lucky in some spots. Filled a few needs before taking Strange, but I couldn't believe Strange fell as far as he did. I contemplated moving up for him but glad I stayed put and kept the rest of my picks. I usually have a trade back mentality but didn't really need to since I started with a good number of picks, and was able to utilize that to move up and grab McDonald at the bottom of the second.

Some good ideas @Greenseed4, but hear me out guys.. how about the winner of the draft is awarded picking for the Jets the next year? Would be a rough season to start since we will most likely be without a 1st rounder but I think that makes it a bit more interesting. Just a thought. Either way it was still fun even with a slower start than usual. Glad to be doing this for a decade or so now, hopefully we can keep this going for a long time.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I think I set a record drafting for the Dolphins . MINUS 151 points on only three picks !!!!!! 

I was right there with you after my first three picks.  Minus 143, but then I had a strong R4 - R7.

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2023 at 7:58 PM, NYJetsVets91 said:

Thanks guys. I felt pretty good about how many quality players fell to me, got pretty lucky in some spots. Filled a few needs before taking Strange, but I couldn't believe Strange fell as far as he did. I contemplated moving up for him but glad I stayed put and kept the rest of my picks. I usually have a trade back mentality but didn't really need to since I started with a good number of picks, and was able to utilize that to move up and grab McDonald at the bottom of the second.

Some good ideas @Greenseed4, but hear me out guys.. how about the winner of the draft is awarded picking for the Jets the next year? Would be a rough season to start since we will most likely be without a 1st rounder but I think that makes it a bit more interesting. Just a thought. Either way it was still fun even with a slower start than usual. Glad to be doing this for a decade or so now, hopefully we can keep this going for a long time.

@Lith @Dcat @New York Mick

Any thoughts on this? Should we have a poll? Winner awarded Jets draft next year, loser (worst score) has to take the team with least picks in next year's draft? Or something like @Greenseed4 suggested JN Mock draft winner avatar or signature? Or no change? Or something else? 

1 hour ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

@Lith @Dcat @New York Mick

Any thoughts on this? Should we have a poll? Winner awarded Jets draft next year, loser (worst score) has to take the team with least picks in next year's draft? Or something like @Greenseed4 suggested JN Mock draft winner avatar or signature? Or no change? Or something else? 

I like that twist. 

• Upvote 1

I'd rather not have any of that contest applied to the followig years draft or team selections.  By the time we get to the following year, nothing is more irrelevant than the prior year's contest and the majority of the mock participants don't care about it. I'm not in favor of imposing it on anyone. Some people pick the same team every year and the contest is irrelevant to them.  Besides, assigning the Jets to the prior year's winner is more of a punishment than a reward.   Also, I think it's better not to take away everyone's chance to win that lottery.  The annual lottery is good. It stimulates interest in the mock. It's no fun for all the anxious potential Jets GMs if the Jets are pre-assigned every year. 

JMO. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'd rather not have any of that contest applied to the followig years draft or team selections.  By the time we get to the following year, nothing is more irrelevant than the prior year's contest and the majority of the mock participants don't care about it. I'm not in favor of imposing it on anyone. Some people pick the same team every year and the contest is irrelevant to them.  Besides, assigning the Jets to the prior year's winner is more of a punishment than a reward.   Also, I think it's better not to take away everyone's chance to win that lottery.  The annual lottery is good. It stimulates interest in the mock. It's no fun for all the anxious potential Jets GMs if the Jets are pre-assigned every year. 

JMO. 

I agree.  To many, the idea of selecting the Jets is a penalty, not a reward.  I also don't like putting to much weight on the scoring thing.  To me its just a fun way to compare our drafts to the NFL, but I wouldn't want people drafting with the idea of winning in mind.  Draft how you think makes sense for your team and the points are what they are,

On 5/5/2023 at 7:19 PM, Dcat said:

JMO. 

18 hours ago, Lith said:

I agree.  To many, the idea of selecting the Jets is a penalty, not a reward.  I also don't like putting to much weight on the scoring thing.  To me its just a fun way to compare our drafts to the NFL, but I wouldn't want people drafting with the idea of winning in mind.  Draft how you think makes sense for your team and the points are what they are,

That's fair, I can understand that opinion. I wasn't looking at it from the standpoint of trying to necessarily use it as a motivator to win, but more of a bonus for the winner, which could be declined. I do see the potential for it to turn into a competition though. 

Time for my yearly....

Neat.  Did anyone nail the first and second round perfectly for their team?  In addition, did they also grab another player later that team actually drafted?  No.  Ok.  Just curious if I'm still the only poster to do such and not "win" this contest.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Time for my yearly....

Neat.  Did anyone nail the first and second round perfectly for their team?  In addition, did they also grab another player later that team actually drafted?  No.  Ok.  Just curious if I'm still the only poster to do such and not "win" this contest.

I picked 4 players for the Eagles that they ended up actually drafting 1 year including an exact pick in like the 4th round. 

• 3 weeks later...